For those who have been to Iraq...

PDA

280PLUS
January 7, 2006, 08:11 AM
or are there now.

These were sent to me under the title "Pictures too shocking to show on NBC, CBS, ABC...etc."

Which would you say represents the situation in Iraq today. These pictures or what the medias are telling us?

If you enjoyed reading about "For those who have been to Iraq..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
280PLUS
January 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
more

striker3
January 7, 2006, 11:01 AM
I just got back on the ship from a tour in Iraq with my Marine Unit. We were welcomed by more people than we were rejected by.

Take the city I was safe guarding for the elections. In the fall less than 100 people voted in thse elections. In December, almost 15000 people voted. When we asked the local citizens why they were willing to vote in December and not earlier, their response was that they felt safe enough to vote with our presence there. That makes all of my personal hardship worth it.

I think the media is not reporting the whole story, at least from the bits and pieces I hear.

thumper723
January 7, 2006, 11:40 AM
I'd say with media being a 1 and pics here a 10, about a 7.5, but I will say I was only in the southern part, ABOT/KAAOT, Basra, Um Quasar (i think I spelled that one wrong)

I voted for the pics, but it is somewhere in the middle. Just closer to the pics where I was.

esheato
January 7, 2006, 01:25 PM
I spent a few months over there, but I never left the base. USAF and all...

I couldn't tell ya what the average citizens think of us. :rolleyes:

Ed

Devonai
January 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
That's an Israeli soldier in the picture with the kitten.

dasmi
January 7, 2006, 02:49 PM
Oops, I haven't been to Iraq, but I voted anyway. My bad.

DRZinn
January 8, 2006, 02:20 PM
Waaaaay closer to the pics than the media, but not all the way there.

GoRon
January 8, 2006, 07:22 PM
If any of you vets are interested, Micheal Yon is looking for help putting together stories from Iraq and needs help vetting them.
Micheal Yon (http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/)

280PLUS
January 10, 2006, 08:42 AM
Thank you all for your responses. The results are just about what I expected. This helps confirm one old guy's take on what's happening out there. I sure wish those (long line of expletives deleted) responsible would quit the random attacks. As long as the majority of those people are on our side you will prevail in the end.

Thank you for your efforts. You're doing a great job.

If you enjoyed reading about "For those who have been to Iraq..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!