Related to the take an anti

PDA

svtruth
January 7, 2006, 12:37 PM
to the range day.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to introduce some non-shooters to guns this year. What I laughingly call my plan is to start with safety, 4 rules, eye and ear protection, etc.
Then scoped 10/22, it is easy to hit the target, even I can do it. Then use my son's Ruger revolver in 22lr, my High Standard automatic in 22lr. If they are still game, a 9mm auto (have to get one), if they are still interested, .38s in my M-19 S&W, and some 185 grain ACP in the Para Ord 13/45.
Where possible, I would use reactive targets, and offer the AK for dessert.

If you enjoyed reading about "Related to the take an anti" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scott5
January 7, 2006, 01:24 PM
That sounds like a plan.
I took four of my women friends to the range onceand they took turns with the Smith Mod 41. The last female shooter said:"But I can't hit anything!"
I smiled at her and said:"Do I look worried?" I should have said "We are aout here shooting and that's all that matters, you'll do better next time." or something to that effect.

I took a women friend of mine shooting one time and she could'nt hit dirt,:o so I had her go closer to the target and then closer untill she could get center hits. We had cone shooting before so I knew she could shoot but that day was:confused: :confused: for her.

When I take women out to shoot I first explane the safety rules than let them see me shooting that gun so they will know what it look like to shoot it then ask them if they want to shoot it, and be encourageing the whole time.

Thats my $0.02 worth.

If you enjoyed reading about "Related to the take an anti" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!