How to

PDA

TCHanson
January 8, 2006, 12:54 AM
For someone just starting our reloading - any advise on a first book to read or best way to learn the ins and outs of reloading? I inherited a Dillon 550 and a bunch of parts and accessories.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "How to" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Unisaw
January 8, 2006, 01:20 AM
I'm partial to the Speer reloading manual #13.

Jim Watson
January 8, 2006, 01:20 AM
Dillon will furnish you an instruction book for free and sell you a video cheap on the operation of their press. Their web site is at
http://dillonprecision.com/default.cfm?
but best to call them on the phone and describe your situation.

In addition, you need a general reloading manual to fully describe the individual steps and to furnish actual load data for your calibres. Dillon has those, too. The Lyman Handbook, 48th edition, is good.

TCHanson
January 8, 2006, 01:24 AM
Thanks Jim and Unisaw (must be a cabinet maker).

donkee
January 8, 2006, 09:18 AM
Pickup the ABCs of reloading. There's a bunch of good info in it that will help you out......

Thirties
January 8, 2006, 10:35 AM
Here is another strong vote for Speer #13.

caz223
January 8, 2006, 11:32 AM
ABCs of reloading.
I have the 6th edition with Dean Grinnell.
I believe it's out of print now, but it's written so well you can't put it down.

Chawbaccer
January 8, 2006, 01:16 PM
Lyman manuals are always a good idea too.

The Bushmaster
January 8, 2006, 01:49 PM
I second the Lyman Manuals...Sierra's not bad either...

NAW...Unisaw is probably a Logger....O K Unisaw..What do you do to support your gun habit???:D

Quantrill
January 8, 2006, 02:49 PM
Third for the Lymans'. Quantrill

JDGray
January 9, 2006, 11:24 AM
Lee's new manual is good, but I like speer's for all the cartridge history! JDGray

BigJakeJ1s
January 10, 2006, 01:52 AM
Dillon also has the manuals for their presses online in pdf format.

Hornady does too.

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "How to" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!