I Created a Monster.....a Gun Monster

PDA

Kramer Krazy
January 9, 2006, 12:33 AM
I don't know what I did......I don't know how it happened......I just know the end result......

Yesterday, my wife, Missashot, obtained these three beauties....for HERSELF!!! :banghead:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/three_guns.jpg

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "I Created a Monster.....a Gun Monster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
loose cannon
January 9, 2006, 12:41 AM
nice;she has most threats covered.

not to mention a wonderfully fun trio of plinking guns.now get of here and start loading all the empty brass she created,dont come back till its all done.
just joking.

dont feel bad mine is fixin to take delivery of a semiauto tommygun:eek:

the only thing worse'd be if it had "da switch"

dzimmerm
January 9, 2006, 12:41 AM
I got a old .38 Special revolver for my wife and she was quite upset when it had to go to the shop to be looked at.

She preferrs her 9mm to my Makarov as it is easier to work the slide on the 9mm.

dzimmerm

trickyasafox
January 9, 2006, 02:54 AM
congrats. you gotta get her a nice shottie and a couple rifles now to cover all the bases :)

Wonder9
January 9, 2006, 03:46 AM
Teach her how to reload and your set!

Missashot
January 9, 2006, 10:29 AM
I don't know what I did......I don't know how it happened......I just know the end result......

Yesterday, my wife, Missashot, obtained these three beauties....for HERSELF!!!

What Kramer Krazy is "forgetting" to add, is that I also got him a Colt Mustang for Christmas. Then he also recently bought a Colt Lightweight Commander XSE.

These 3 guns will fit into my S&W collection nicely. (Well, the Anaconda was just a great deal.) But I think that will bring my S&W count up to 7 with 3 other non S&W handguns.

I had to buy the 4566. I found a GREAT deal on the grips for it and since I had the grips, I had to buy the gun!:neener:

The other two were just really good deals, and being a girl, if it's on sale....:evil:

not to mention a wonderfully fun trio of plinking guns.now get of here and start loading all the empty brass she created,dont come back till its all done.
just joking.

Kramer Krazy is looking at reloaders already. I think he picked one out last night and ordered it.:D

congrats. you gotta get her a nice shottie and a couple rifles now to cover all the bases

I already have 1 small shotgun. As far as the rifles go, I have an AR 15, an AK 47, an SKS, a Mosin Nagant,and a 10/22.
I do enjoy my guns. :D
Thank goodness shooting is a stress reducing sport!:)

Kramer Krazy
January 9, 2006, 10:49 AM
Without the addition of the 4566 and model 60, here is her collection, thus far....

http://members.aol.com/TBoling125/vicks_firearms.html

I haven't ordered the reloader, yet.....probably will this afternoon.

gremlin_bros
January 11, 2006, 09:36 AM
well i know just what you mean man about a monster.
my wife comes up to me one day and says she wants me to teach her to shoot. so i ask her revolver or auto she says auto. now i dont have any 22's in an auto so i grab two 9mm and my old 1911 and head off to the range.

after a safety briefing to whitch i wish others would pay half as much attention as my wife did we were ready. i began with a compact 9mm she shot it and it was "ok" to small for her hands next was my 92 beretta it was better bigger she liked the feel of it in her hands. so i went for broke and handed her my 1911 she fires three rounds turns around with this grin from ear to ear and the first words out of her mouth were and i quote "I WANT ONE!!!"

later that same day she picked out her own 1911 from the gun store now the words i hear out of her mouth the most are "more ammo i need more ammo" yup same boat as you i created a monster and i love her for it.

gjwandkids
January 11, 2006, 11:56 AM
Just look at the bright side, she won't give you as much flak about increasing your collection and all the guys at the gun shop with anti-gun wives will be totally JEALOUS!!!!

People have been known to ask my husband if I have any sisters, and I assure you it's not because I'm a beauty or anything. :D

AirForceShooter
January 11, 2006, 12:06 PM
I WANT ONE!!

same thing my little girl said when she shot mine.

AFS

bean357
January 11, 2006, 12:12 PM
Totally COOL!! :D

all the guys at the gun shop with anti-gun wives will be totally JEALOUS!!!!

YES!! Just went through that (again) ...Hubby was talking to some other guy in Cabelas about which decked out varmint rifles they have and what they should buy now...other guy's wife comes up to me and says "we need to stop them from doing this!" in a very serious way
Oh, no, hon...you're talkin to the WRONG girl!! :evil:

answerguy
January 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
I tried to get a Smith & Wesson for my wife but the gun dealer said 'no deal'.:p

Mizzle187
January 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
My future wife just got the bug 4 days ago after we went to the range. She shot 600 rounds through my P22 which she loves. She shot 20 or so rounds out of the Taurus Stainless #66 6" .357. She liked it but it was heavy for her. She hated the Walther P99 comapct 9mm AS becuase she couldnt get a grip on it. So her I am 4 days later about to order her a LadySmith 60 and as soon as I can find someone with the LS semi-auto I will get it as well. She is already signed up for a class in March for beginner women shooters and wants to get her CCW at the end of the year!!!! Before 4 days ago she had never shot a pistol in her life and had only shot a .22 rifle. Good Egg! My buddy at work that I shoot with all the time is Jealous to say the least. He said she just made it 10x easier for you to get guns! HEHE! I can only hope she becomes as enthused as Missashot is!

Tequila_Sauer
January 11, 2006, 01:46 PM
An LEO friend of mine used the 4566 as his first carry gun. I can't imagine what it must have been like considering it was a brick and a half. Nevertheless, he used and abused that gun so bad, it should've been illegal. Years later, the gun still works perfectly and shoots anything.

He's since moved on to a glock, which is a step down, IMHO (great guns, just not a fan of 'em, they hurt my hand).

ScottsGT
January 11, 2006, 02:19 PM
You know, you live close enough for me to start courtin' your wife and take her from you :D
I'd be in deep dodo if my wife started liking guns. I'd have a lot of 'splainin' to do as to where all those expensive guns came from.:eek: :evil:
My better half cringes when I stop at the ammo counter at Wal-Mart.

Kramer Krazy
January 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
My better half cringes when I stop at the ammo counter at Wal-Mart.
My wife just helped me pick out the RCBS reloader that came in yesterday. We are going to learn to reload on it in the next month or two. This way, she can reload while I'm at work and we will eat the ammo up on the weekends together.

ScottsGT
January 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
Wiping a tear from my eye............

Lennyjoe
January 11, 2006, 03:03 PM
Can you folks point me to the money tree that you found. ;)

Nice additions.

springmom
January 11, 2006, 03:08 PM
well i know just what you mean man about a monster.
my wife comes up to me one day and says she wants me to teach her to shoot. so i ask her revolver or auto she says auto. now i dont have any 22's in an auto so i grab two 9mm and my old 1911 and head off to the range.

after a safety briefing to whitch i wish others would pay half as much attention as my wife did we were ready. i began with a compact 9mm she shot it and it was "ok" to small for her hands next was my 92 beretta it was better bigger she liked the feel of it in her hands. so i went for broke and handed her my 1911 she fires three rounds turns around with this grin from ear to ear and the first words out of her mouth were and i quote "I WANT ONE!!!"

later that same day she picked out her own 1911 from the gun store now the words i hear out of her mouth the most are "more ammo i need more ammo" yup same boat as you i created a monster and i love her for it.

Is your wife maybe a long-lost relative of mine? that sounds like ME!!! Only it was a .40 cal. Glock. My husband's friend who took us shooting my first time looked at me oddly and ended up saying "You know, most women don't really go for the big caliber guns at first.... You're doing quite well..."

Hubster and I realized later what he was saying was "You don't SHOOT like a girl!" :neener:

Springmom, who drools on her computer every time she looks at the new XD-45.....WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT!!!!!!

Kramer Krazy
January 11, 2006, 03:33 PM
Can you folks point me to the money tree that you found. ;)
You really don't want to find this tree....a small portion of it is called "tax refunds". The other portion involves being hit head-on by an Oldsmobile while riding on a motorcycle and winding up permanently disabled.......poor Missashot. :( Hence the comment that she bought the guns for herself (she did buy me a S&W 617 as an anniversary gift and a Colt Mustang Pocketlite for an XMas gift).

Edit - Missashot calls the first gun that she got after her settlement her "Gimpy Gun".

Dr.Rob
January 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
You'll know you've really created a monster when she starts asking around here about bear defense loads for her Anaconda. ;)

f4t9r
January 11, 2006, 04:54 PM
Only problem I would have is $$$$ for the both of us to have a collection

Kramer Krazy
January 11, 2006, 04:55 PM
You'll know you've really created a monster when she starts asking around here about bear defense loads for her Anaconda. ;)
Or "Zombie Loads". :what: :uhoh:

Preacherman
January 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
Hey, as long as she's not asking about "husband loads"...

:evil: :D :neener:

Atticus
January 11, 2006, 05:09 PM
Ahhh.....I dream of having such a 'problem'. Tell her I'll trade her six of my wife's Longenberger baskets for those three. According to my wife, you would be getting one heck of a deal.

middy
January 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
I found a GREAT deal on the grips for it and since I had the grips, I had to buy the gun!
You know, we need more female members. They're pros at justifying purchases, and I'm sure we could all use some fresh lines...

gjwandkids
January 11, 2006, 08:37 PM
Scots GT, we stop at the ammo counter together and the salesman GRINS.....

springmom
January 11, 2006, 08:58 PM
You know, we need more female members. They're pros at justifying purchases, and I'm sure we could all use some fresh lines...

...but to be fair it ought to have its own thread. You want to start it, I'll be thinking of all the stuff I've said up to now...;)

Springmom
who REALLY wants the XD-45 but also wants her own micro-compact SD-1911A1.... and did I mention the Citori shotgun at the local Gander Mtn?...:evil:

palerider1
January 11, 2006, 10:50 PM

Yesterday, my wife, Missashot, obtained these three beauties....for HERSELF!!! :banghead:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/three_guns.jpg

:D

now you better not piss her off Terry.....lol

gbelleh
January 11, 2006, 11:14 PM
Lucky.

My lady doesn't have a problem with guns at all, but she also doesn't have any interest in them. Whenever I start yapping about AK variants or the pros and cons of various pistols, she just glazes over and nods politely until I stop talking.

palerider1
January 12, 2006, 12:26 AM
Lucky.

My lady doesn't have a problem with guns at all, but she also doesn't have any interest in them. Whenever I start yapping about AK variants or the pros and cons of various pistols, she just glazes over and nods politely until I stop talking.

as long as you give her what she wants and you get what you want then thats all that counts....makes for a good marriage...GOD,,, i would hate to be single these days

Kramer Krazy
January 12, 2006, 10:56 AM
now you better not piss her off Terry.....lol
No kidding!!! She's even starting to carry more often than I do! :what: :D

If you enjoyed reading about "I Created a Monster.....a Gun Monster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!