Zeiss Conquest.....need dealer price

PDA

BBush
January 9, 2006, 11:26 AM
I have been surfing the internet looking for a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope to go on a new Remington rifle that I have bought. I was wondering if anyone has access to one of the dealer catalogs such as Sports South, Elliott Brothers, Jerry's, etc. to give me the true dealer cost of a Zeiss Conquest matte 3-9x40 scope. I'm not trying to buy it at cost, just trying to make sure I get a good deal when I do find one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Zeiss Conquest.....need dealer price" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BBush
January 15, 2006, 11:33 AM
I know someone out there knows what the dealer cost is. The main reason that I need to know the cost is because I have been surfing E-bay for a few weeks now looking at the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope for one of my rifles. I have seen some sell on E-bay for what I would believe to be below typical dealer cost, eventhough they say they are new. It seems to me that they would be unable to sell a scope on E-bay for less than what a dealer can buy one from a wholesaler for unless it is a factory refurbished being passed off as new. There seems to be a pretty big differrence between the price of the typical online dealers on the internet (Natchez, Riflescopes.com, Bass Pro, etc.) and the E-bay power dealers. Does anyone have any comments on this.

mmike87
January 20, 2006, 09:11 PM
I bought my NIB Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 AO, normally about $700 online and changes for $520 shipped on E-Bay and felt I got a really good deal.

The scope is utterly amazing, BTW. It would be well worth $700 and a steal for what I paid for it. The image is so bright I'd swear at dusk I am looking though night vision! :cool:

mmike87
January 20, 2006, 09:14 PM
Also, for what it's worth, I do some software development for a web site that sells Swarovski crystal. As a favor, she contacted her dealer and he said that he could get me a Swarovski scope at dealer cost.

However, the dealer markup was about 60% on those scopes, and unfortunately that didn't quite make them as good a deal as the Zeiss, since new they were like $1600 or so.

I'd guess that a quality scope like the Zeiss would probably have a similar markup, but that is just what it is - a guess.

markgunther
February 7, 2006, 08:07 PM
Check with Alex Roy over at www.eurooptic.com , He sent me one of thier
reflex red dot sights to try out and told me to pay if I liked it. He is a good guy.

mark

alex@eurooptic.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Zeiss Conquest.....need dealer price" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!