Positive range experience with newbies

PDA

KAR120C
January 9, 2006, 12:28 PM
A couple of my coworkers kind of nervously joked with me when they found out I had a permit, and liked to shoot. They aren't gun people, and were surprised that I was, I guess because I didn't fit their notion of what a gunny would look/act like.

Things changed when I told them I'd gotten a Garrand ;-) Their historical interest got the better of them, and I took them to the range. Much fun ensued, and in addition to the Garrand and Enfield, they fired several handguns, including (amazingly enough) my 12 oz. scandium j-frame in .357 :eek: They thought the recoil strong, but not unreasonable. Impressive performance for newbies.

Now one of the guys says his wife was a little put out that she wasn't invited too. So... I sense another trip to the range in the future.

If you enjoyed reading about "Positive range experience with newbies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oldtimer
January 9, 2006, 01:23 PM
Good for you! You gave your co-workers a positive shooting experience that may have changed their minds about the "typical" gun owner! Not all of us are "kooks", and I'm sure that you made a good impression on them! If any of them show more of an interest, make sure to help them along!

If you enjoyed reading about "Positive range experience with newbies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!