right wing militias....

PDA

Stinkyshoe
January 9, 2006, 05:34 PM
What do you think?

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress05/mueller021605.htm

However, the right-wing Patriot movement -- consisting of militias, common law courts, tax protesters, and other anti-government extremists -- remains a continuing threat in America today. Sporadic incidents resulting in direct clashes with law enforcement are possible and will most likely involve state and local law enforcement personnel, such as highway patrol officers and sheriff's deputies.

Potential violent anti-abortion extremists linked to terrorism ideologies or groups pose a current threat. The admiration of violent high-profile offenders by extremists highlight continued concerns relating to potential or similar anti-abortion threat activity.

If you enjoyed reading about "right wing militias...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrTuffPaws
January 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
Bah, they ain't got nothing on the left anti-gov zelots.

HankB
January 9, 2006, 05:50 PM
If you put ALL the crime committed by ALL the "right wing militias" together over the last 20 years, I really doubt that they will have caused as much human misery and pain as that caused by just ONE street gang in (for example) LA in ONE summer of operation.

Compare the "right wing militia" activity (which is mostly walking around in the woods playing K-mart Commando) to that of the ultraleftists in the so-called environmental movement, such as Earth First!, Animal Liberation Front, and PETA and their sympathizers, which routinely use tree spikes, arson, and B&E to further their goals.

Since the media's ultimately unsuccessful attempt to link Timothy McVeigh with the Michigan Militia (He tried to join, they rejected him as a nut case) it wouldn't suprise me if almost everyone who's joined since the OKC bombing is either a paid government informer or an undercover G-man.

Hmmm . . . how many government agents have to join one of these groups before it becomes a de facto government agency?

Old Dog
January 9, 2006, 06:01 PM
Typical FBI hyperbole. It's difficult to believe that any of these self-styled militias currently pose any kind of a threat to our own country and further, where's the documentation that these militia groups are even responsible for any type of criminal activity these days?

I'm with HankB on this one. Much more of a threat to us posed by our typical urban gangs, especially the super-gangs such as MS-13 ...

Earth First!, Animal Liberation Front, and PETA Far more of a clear and present danger to our society than any militia group ...

fjolnirsson
January 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
What do you think?

I think it's very easy to demonize groups whose views don't fit in with the NWO by refering to them as "right wing militias".

NineseveN
January 9, 2006, 06:26 PM
I think it's very easy to demonize groups whose views don't fit in with the NWO by refering to them as "right wing militias".

+1

Kodiaz
January 9, 2006, 08:04 PM
I'm more afraid of our government than any right wing militia.

NineseveN
January 9, 2006, 08:09 PM
I'm more afraid of our government than any right wing militia.

BTW, what caliber for right-wing militias?

Sindawe
January 9, 2006, 08:13 PM
As in 12 Oz. beer. Since IIRC the majority of these "RW Militias" come from the flyover country, and that part of the nation is primarily beer drinkers (and distilled spirits), best to use 12 Oz cans/bottles. Budwiser for the more rurals areas, microbrew for the urban centers. :D

Mannlicher
January 9, 2006, 08:14 PM
Stinky, you are after the wrong varmints. Its the lefties that are the commie trained and inspired activists. The anarchists that show up at the Anti Trade meeting, the animal and eco freaks that burn forrests, homes, and businesses, the fruitcakes that throw fake blood on ladies wearing fur. These are the nuts that you should be railing about.

In case you did not know it, WE are the militia.

rick_reno
January 9, 2006, 08:15 PM
It's important to live in fear. Boogie men everywhere. This looks like a typical budget inflating report, designed to do nothing but put more money in the FBI pot.

rbernie
January 9, 2006, 08:28 PM
This looks like a typical budget inflating report, designed to do nothing but put more money in the FBI pot.And that's a fact. Whaddaya expect 'em to do - suddenly find that they don't need all that budget because they don't have as many problems as they once said they did?

Never happen.

geekWithA.45
January 9, 2006, 08:42 PM
They forgot to mention that all RW "Militias" are entirely composed of FBI informants. :neener:

mustanger98
January 9, 2006, 08:44 PM
According to my old poly sci professor, politically most of us are somewhere in the middle-ground of the spectrum. Considering the extemes of the Right and Left, they can tell more of the differences in each other than we can. To most of us, they're just a bunch of scarey people.

Regarding the FBI and their budget, I agree. They have to keep creating more and more reasons to exsist.

VirgilCaine
January 9, 2006, 08:45 PM
Stinky, you are after the wrong varmints. Its the lefties that are the commie trained and inspired activists. The anarchists that show up at the Anti Trade meeting, the animal and eco freaks that burn forrests, homes, and businesses, the fruitcakes that throw fake blood on ladies wearing fur. These are the nuts that you should be railing about.

In case you did not know it, WE are the militia.

They do more harm destroying valuable (Tax-funded? Probably...) medical research than any militia.

scout26
January 9, 2006, 08:47 PM
IIRC, didn't the FBI so throughly penetrate a KKK group a few years back that all 8 or 12 members (or at least all the head honchos) were FBI agents ??? :rolleyes:

Oleg Volk
January 9, 2006, 08:56 PM
Did they do it to infiltrate or to show their true views?

:)

Malone LaVeigh
January 9, 2006, 09:08 PM
It's important to live in fear. Boogie men everywhere. This looks like a typical budget inflating report, designed to do nothing but put more money in the FBI pot.
And for a perfect example:
ultraleftists in the so-called environmental movement, such as Earth First!, Animal Liberation Front, and PETA and their sympathizers, which routinely use tree spikes, arson, and B&E to further their goals.
and
Its the lefties that are the commie trained and inspired activists.
(Someone has to point out the obvious.)

Standing Wolf
January 9, 2006, 09:50 PM
Oh, stop laughing! The F., the B., and the I. did manage to catch Patty Hearst, you know.

So there.

January 9, 2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.michiganmilitia.com/drills/rifledrills.htm

I am sure that you have at one point stopped to think about the fact that the term "right wing" usually means someone that flies the American flag, supports the US Military, believes strongly in the US Constitution, supports family values, wants their kids to be educated and productive citizens who share their views, etc. They are people who have enough self respect to want to defend themselves and their family. They believe that they are the last line of defense against threats to this country etc.
Yet these are the people we are always reading about who the government is after. These are the people being put down by people on this board (because they buy into the media hype without really thinking for themselves).
The people who are openly against the American way of life, against good moral values, against pretty much anything that is American........... they are praised as victims. We never read about anyone going after them.
Ironic
Another thing that I always wondered about: I have been "into" shooting and guns since early childhood. I have hung out in gun stores, gun shows, and gun clubs anywhere I went: in widely seperated parts of the country. I have subscribed to every gun related publication that I knew of at one time or another. I have shot all kinds of different rifle and pistol matches. I have been active on gun related forums on-line for 10 years or more.
Yet, I have never been approached about being in a militia, never met anyone that mentioned being in one, and other than that link posted above - never heard anything that led me to believe they really existed.

matis
January 9, 2006, 10:34 PM
They still harping on the danger posed by right-wing militias?

What about the Islamo-fascist sleeper cells that are almost certainly in place all over the United States?

Instead of militias why don't they step up their surveillance of mosques and Islamic organizations that still collect and send $$ to Arab terrorists the world over?

And indoctrinate their people to hate the country that allows them their freedom and standard of living.

Militias. Humbug!

Elephant? What elephant? We don't see any elephant in the room.

matis

Number 6
January 9, 2006, 11:03 PM
They still harping on the danger posed by right-wing militias?

What about the Islamo-fascist sleeper cells that are almost certainly in place all over the United States?

Instead of militias why don't they step up their surveillance of mosques and Islamic organizations that still collect and send $$ to Arab terrorists the world over?

And indoctrinate their people to hate the country that allows them their freedom and standard of living.

Militias. Humbug!

If you look at the report, you will see that a large section of the report deals with the threats from Islamic terrorist groups. While there is only one paragraph that mentions right-wing groups, and is not that sensational. Here it is the paragraph from the report.

However, the right-wing Patriot movement -- consisting of militias, common law courts, tax protesters, and other anti-government extremists -- remains a continuing threat in America today. Sporadic incidents resulting in direct clashes with law enforcement are possible and will most likely involve state and local law enforcement personnel, such as highway patrol officers and sheriff's deputies.

Cosmoline
January 9, 2006, 11:16 PM
Without the continued threat of organized crime, terrorist cells and the like, the FBI will no longer have a reason for being. Keep that in mind whenever you hear them assess a threat. They are very far from unbiased. I suspect they'd view me as a threat because I think they should be shut down and fired. In fact I'm sure of it.

Biker
January 9, 2006, 11:25 PM
There are new threats out there. For example, in San Fran, a large number of heavily armed lesbians have banded together under the name of Militia Etheridge.:evil:
Biker

Byron Quick
January 9, 2006, 11:28 PM
ultraleftists in the so-called environmental movement, such as Earth First!, Animal Liberation Front, and PETA and their sympathizers, which routinely use tree spikes, arson, and B&E to further their goals.

Malone,

Are you asserting that the above groups and persons lied when they claimed responsibility for actions such as these?

matis
January 9, 2006, 11:51 PM
If you look at the report, you will see that a large section of the report deals with the threats from Islamic terrorist groups. While there is only one paragraph that mentions right-wing groups, and is not that sensational. Here it is the paragraph from the report.

Sorry, Number 6, I stand corrected. I should have clicked on the url.

They DO acknowledge the elephant in the living room. :D

matis

If you enjoyed reading about "right wing militias...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!