I have a problem

PDA

f4t9r
January 10, 2006, 12:05 AM
I have a problem and it goes like this. Been to the Range 3 times in last week
with my SIG's and the Kimber, two in 45 one in 380 and a 9mm. I do not reload so its a little pricey to go (15 bucks an hour and always seem to go over one hour). I need a 22 to plink with so I am not burning up the $$ in the bigger guns. So I need advice on a 22 and a better paying job and any extra ammo anybody wants to send.
I want to go back now but the cost is killing me..... anybody else suffer from this

If you enjoyed reading about "I have a problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TIMC
January 10, 2006, 12:27 AM
Sounds expensive! I pay $35 per year membership and buying a shot card (paying for shooting in advance) it works out to costing me about $3.70 per day for rifle or pistol range or per round of skeet or trap. If I could get ammo that cheap I would be out there all the time.

trueblue1776
January 10, 2006, 12:28 AM
Best $275 I ever spent, no joke.:D

SemiAutoMan
January 10, 2006, 12:33 AM
I use a neighbors feild and some old cars and buildings for my range/play area but i can still burn up $100-$300 in ammo a day :( the local shops love me I come in at tax time and buyout complete stocks of 7.62x39 ammo. I own a few 22's from a heritage rough rider revolver to a trigger activated winchester 190 rifle and I can still burn threw almost $40 a day in 22 ammo.

Moral of the story I shoot way to much lol 22 is the way to go though.

My dad jokes around that if he picked up all the brass and took it to the scrap yard he could buy a new truck. :P

Kodiaz
January 10, 2006, 12:37 AM
Well I buy most of my ammo in Wal mart and the indoor range here just charges a flat 10$ fee

Tigerseye
January 10, 2006, 12:42 AM
In either the rifles or pistols, I prefer Rugers.

The 10/22 is inexpensive, accurate, reliable, etc., etc. and there are a ton of accessories available for it.

The same is true of the Ruger pistols. The MK-II guns are a little less complicated than the new MK-III guns, but both are excellent choices.

Have fun!

Tigerseye
Columbus, OH

lucky_fool
January 10, 2006, 12:58 AM
I'd recommend the Ruger 22/45. The grip, weight, and controls are pretty close to a 1911 and it's a lot cheaper to feed.

Plus you get an entertaining puzzle. ;) Out of all my guns it's the only one that I still need to check the manual to take down and reassemble.

Jim March
January 10, 2006, 12:59 AM
The Ruger 22/45 was designed to have ergonomics and controls similar to your Kimber.

DevLcL
January 10, 2006, 01:32 AM
+2

1 for the Walther P22. Very fun and cheap to shoot.

1 for the 10/22. also lots of fun, and like stated before, lots of options.

-Dev

Herself
January 10, 2006, 01:47 AM
I like the Ruger Mk II and Mk II pistols. They're fun to shoot, inexpensive (especially used) and accurate enough for my shooting.

They are kind of Not Like Normal Semis to take apart and put back together, but it's like learning anything else, you just have to do it several times.

I usually take my Mk II to the range and start and end sessions with it.

--Herself

DevLcL
January 10, 2006, 02:11 AM
P22 looks cooler though. :D

-Dev

LAK
January 10, 2006, 05:14 AM
Offhand, if shopping for a new one; Browning Buckmark. At one time I would have included Ruger but they have made a wacky modifcation to the original design.

Now, if you are shopping used, a whole new world of choice opens up. No longer made Ruger MKIIs, Colts (like the Woodsman), Brownings, High Standards, etc. Too many wonderful guns to list.

--------------------------------
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Sinsaba
January 10, 2006, 07:05 AM
I like the SIG Trailside ... a bit pricy though... LINK (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42403284)

Working Man
January 10, 2006, 07:15 AM
I like the Ruger Mk II and Mk II pistols. They're fun to shoot, inexpensive (especially used) and accurate enough for my shooting.

They are kind of Not Like Normal Semis to take apart and put back together, but it's like learning anything else, you just have to do it several times.

I usually take my Mk II to the range and start and end sessions with it.

--Herself

I second the Ruger MKII and raise a Single Six. :D

Johnnybgood
January 10, 2006, 12:42 PM
It costs at leasts $10 for handgun range/$15 for longun. It's and hours drive and I shoot 45 so it gets expensive. I just purchased a device at www.laserammo.com and now practice at home (dry fire) It makes it easier and less expensive. (relativley speaking). Supposedly 10 minutes dry fire exercises each day will improve your shooting performance.

thumbody
January 10, 2006, 12:45 PM
another option http://www.22lrconversions.com/close-outs.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "I have a problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!