Reverse Psycology

PDA

sonny
January 2, 2003, 06:21 PM
I just started another thread asking about who got you into shooting.http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1755 and it got me thinking.
From an early age ...and I mean early....I was taught to fire and basicaly respect but not fear higher caliber weapons.
In general....people seem to agree that it is best to start new shooters off with a .22........I respect the logic behind this but I have also seen the reverse end up being succesfull.
I guess it depends on the individual,I suspect that odds are you are better off learning on a .22 but when I look back and remember the adreniline rush I got when I first fired a .45 with Grandpa's help (his hands over mine) I feel proud.
When I was eventually allowed to fire it myself "with supervision" I had no fear.....I wanted to go to war like Grandpa!
I have found that sometimes with proper supervision...that agressive training "in anything" can be good........

What do you think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reverse Psycology" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Triad
January 2, 2003, 06:48 PM
Yes it can be a very good experience. I think the key is proper supervision, which should include a healthy measure of patience.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reverse Psycology" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!