The LawDog Files, part 1

PDA

LawDog
January 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
A big part of the Sheriff's "Work smarter, not harder" philosophy involved the fine art of misdirection -- if a subject was so confused that he wasn't per-zackly sure which way was up, then he/she/it/they probably wouldn't be causing the sorts of problems which require extra paperwork. Or ER trips. Depositions. Lawsuits. That kind of thing.

Which brings us to the Pink Gorilla Suit.

*sigh*

Tucked not-far-enough in the back of the evidence closet was a costume that the S.O. had picked up from somewhere. As the name suggests, this was a gorilla costume, mostly pink.

Now, when I say pink, I don't think y'all quite understand the depth of pinkness we are contemplating here: It was pink, pink. Neon pink. Flourescent pink. A pink not found anywhere in nature. A pink that, in and of itself, constituted a radiation hazard. A shade of pink which, after a single glimpse, would cause the most flamboyant Mardi Gras costumer to protest that things had gone too far.

Pink.

Now, bad as this mental picture is, the long-ago insane designer of this suit had apparently decided that having only one eye-searing shade was simply too boring, so this poor unfortunate had added spats, gloves, cuffs, a bow-tie and a top hat.

All very natty, and all very mauve.

We will now pause to give the Gentle Reader enough time to fully digest the Sheer Awfulness that was the Pink Gorilla Suit.

Yeah.

Anyhoo, we had gotten a search warrant. Apparently our Usual Suspects had graduated to Methamphetamine, Distribution Of; and had stashed a functioning meth lab inside a garage apartment out behind the house of, and belonging to, the grandparents of Usual Suspect #3.

Our pre-warrant briefing consisted of The Sheriff reminding us of some of the knottier problems associated with executing a search warrant on a meth lab (most of which seem to involve uncontrolled high-speed random disassembly of various items and/or people) and finishing off with a reminder that the Standard Obscenity Procedure for this sort of thing was to distract the critters long enough for officers to secure the scene without any of what the Sheriff referred to as "fuss and bother."

That's when the Chief Deputy handed me the box containing the Pink Gorilla Suit.

*sigh*

There I was, sulking down the street in front of God and everybody, wearing a neon-pink-gorilla-suit-with-mauve-accoutrements over jeans, armour and a pistol, with a search warrant tucked securely in my sleeve, and the Sheriff's exhortations to "Be distracting" ringing in my ears.

LawDog

If you enjoyed reading about "The LawDog Files, part 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
January 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
YEAH! Go Get 'em Dawg!

:D :D

Lupinus
January 10, 2006, 11:07 PM
We need to change your name now :neener:

Thats just hilarious, your tax dollars at work!

Biker
January 10, 2006, 11:10 PM
Hah hah! Now *that* is funny! How did it play out?
Biker:)

usp_fan
January 10, 2006, 11:12 PM
I needed a good laugh today. Thanks!

--usp_fan

4570Rick
January 10, 2006, 11:21 PM
That is the funniest damn thing I've read since I can't remember when. Lord, my ribs hurt and tears are streaming down my cheeks. I feel for you. Oh the humiliation. This will go down as one of the clasics in The LawDog Files. :D

Larry Ashcraft
January 10, 2006, 11:24 PM
Sadie and Lola say, MORE! Sadie likes pink!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/lsashcraft/lola.jpg

Thank you, sir!

Alex45ACP
January 10, 2006, 11:44 PM
LOL

That reminds me of the opening scene from US Marshals.

Makes me wonder why SWAT teams don't wear pink gorilla suits instead of the black ninja tacti-cool gear :D

Old Fuff
January 10, 2006, 11:49 PM
What I want to know is did any good citizen going down the road spot ya' and call 911... :neener:

Lupinus
January 10, 2006, 11:54 PM
we want pictures :D

P95Carry
January 10, 2006, 11:55 PM
Lovely pic Larry :)

Lawdogs tales are among the best therapy for any cases of the blues :D

Lupinus
January 11, 2006, 12:00 AM
Guess a drive by got a snapshot-

http://www.magic4u.com/shop/picts/costume/pink.jpg

ACP230
January 11, 2006, 01:06 AM
Please Sir, may I have more?

There has to be more to the story!

trickyasafox
January 11, 2006, 02:42 AM
its settled. im going into law enforcement, i shall not let a man walk down a street alone in a pink gorilla suit, nay i will stand beside him in a purple kangaroo suit

G36-UK
January 11, 2006, 08:12 AM
Did this actually happen?

I'm not trying to be offensive, just that this is the kind of thing that has to be seen to be believed. Kind of like when a stoner pal claimed he could walk down the street with his jeans on fire.

I'll never forget the look on people's faces, especially with the line:

"It's hot today, isn't it?"

Janitor
January 11, 2006, 08:19 AM
There I was, sulking down the street in front of God and everybody, wearing a neon-pink-gorilla-suit-with-mauve-accoutrements over jeans, armour and a pistol, with a search warrant tucked securely in my sleeve, and the Sheriff's exhortations to "Be distracting" ringing in my ears.
My god I wish I could have seen that!
-

HankB
January 11, 2006, 10:19 AM
There I was, sulking down the street in front of God and everybody, wearing a neon-pink-gorilla-suit-with-mauve-accoutrements over jeans, armour and a pistol, with a search warrant tucked securely in my sleeve,
If some guy dressed in a neon pink gorilla suit - with purple accessories - began pounding on my door while screaming "Police Officer! Search Warrant! Open Up!" . . . I don't know that I'd believe him.

Lupinus
January 11, 2006, 10:34 AM
If some guy dressed in a neon pink gorilla suit - with purple accessories - began pounding on my door while screaming "Police Officer! Search Warrant! Open Up!" . . . I don't know that I'd believe him.
I don't think I'd be able to open the door. I would be to busy on the floor laughing.

Zundfolge
January 11, 2006, 10:35 AM
I guess this is a better way to fight the WOD than No-Knock warrants ... although I'm not sure what frightens me more.

I hope the pink is a tactical pink :p

scout26
January 11, 2006, 10:54 AM
Can't......see......to......type......can't.......breathe.....Lord help me it hurts......I can't stop laughing.........

foghornl
January 11, 2006, 04:42 PM
The closest thing I can imagine from LawDog's description is the Pink Bunny Pajamas that Ralphie got from one of his relatives in the movie "A Christmas Story".

Something about a pink nightmare, and a deranged Easter Bunny....

p.s. It took me 20 minutes to type this....I was laughing so hard I was crying, while rolling on the floor.

p.p.s. Next time, have the High Sheriff model it.....

sturmruger
January 11, 2006, 05:12 PM
Next time you are at the range you should probably put on the Gorilla suit and make sure you can still hit your target with the mask and those tiny little eye slits. Did you do something to piss off the Sherrif or is this a rotating duty assignment??

NMshooter
January 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
:D

Please, by all means do not hold out on us any longer.

Post part 2!

Fred Fuller
January 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
LawDog, you sir are a genuinely brave man.

lpl/nc

sm
January 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
Obligatory Warning So Dave McC don't spew his coffee

I am surprised, shocked, bumfuzzled and...
...THR has folks that just have to have tactical jeans, tactical gun belts, tactical knives, tactical boots...tactical shotguns...

Here we have a Seasoned Professional Officer of the Law Sharing Strategy & Tactics...

...and not one THR person has Aped this well respected Officer.

LawDog
January 16, 2006, 05:48 PM
Bearing in mind that the search warrant was only for the garage and apartment, and not wanting to find myself in Animal Control's Bad Graces (again) I moped up the steps to the main house and rang the doorbell.

Light footsteps approached the door, followed by a long pause. Then the sound of the footsteps heading away from the door.

*sigh*

I pulled my badge out from the collar of the suit and held it prominently in one paw.

This time the footsteps were accompanied by a heavier tread. I waved my badge at the peep-hole and was rewarded with the door opened just enough for me to be beheld by an extremely suspicious eye.

I tipped my hat (top, mauve in colour) politely, "Afternoon, sir. Sheriff's Office. Pardon the interruption, but we're going to be serving a warrant on your garage and apartment. The Sheriff told me to tell you that he'd take it kindly if y'all would stay inside the house until we got things under control."

Long pause.

'Under control" murmured the gentleman slowly as he opned the door a little more fully, "Are you planning on that there control thing happening any time soon?"

Smart aleck.

"Can't really tell with this kind of thing, sir. We'll let you know as soon as possible."

Might as well get this over with. I leaned slightly right and looked around the gentleman to the lady of the house, "Ma'am", tip of the hat again, "Mind if I borrow some of your flowers?"

She looked at me, at the innocent tulips on the edge of the walk, and back to me.

"Umm. Go right ahead. You do know that you're...pink?"

"Hadn't noticed, ma'am" I lied gallantly, while selecting a pair of yellow tulips that set off the mauve spats nicely, "We'll be around back, if you need us."

I trudged back to the street, turned left and walked down to where the driveway from the garage entered the street. The garage sat about twenty feet or so back, with the apartment being the second floor of the structure.

The only ways in or out, were two roll-up garage doors and a people-type door facing me, and the only windows to be seen were on the side facing the street.

*sigh*

Distracting. Hah.

I looked around and made sure that I was at the junction of the driveway and the public street, set my top hat securely on the mask, straightened the gloves and spats, took a deep breath...

...and burst into a full-blown, top-of-the-lungs, you'll-bloody-well-hear-this-one-at-Carnegie-Hall rendition of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. While using the tulips as the microphone.

By God. *snort, snort* I did the works. Vocals. Back-up vocals. Sound effects. Kinda-sorta instruments. Howling. The whole nine yards.

And, of course, Dirty Deeds has that lovely guitar solo, which lends itself quite nicely to an air-guitar -- excuse me -- tulip guitar performance.

Well, if it didn't, it does now.

Unfortunately, the tulip-guitar solo kind of led into a dance.

It was fairly energetic dance. And maybe a touch expressive...

All right! There was gyrating going on.

However, I do not think that I was doing -quote "The gorilla version of a fan dance" -unquote; I don't think that you can do -quote "Suggestive things with a hat" -unquote when you're wearing a fur suit over armour and that over jeans; and I do take umbrage at the suggestion that I -quote "Gave them the 'Full Monkey'" -unquote.

Part 3 to follow. In a bit.

LawDog

TrapperReady
January 16, 2006, 06:02 PM
I pulled my badge out from the collar of the suit and held it prominently in one paw.

You're now officially my hero! :) :D

Thefabulousfink
January 16, 2006, 06:32 PM
ssspppppptttttttt!!!!!!!!.......

[wipe screen clear]

you have officially made my day lawdog....and ruined my computer.:uhoh:

thereisnospoon
January 16, 2006, 07:52 PM
...well not really. For all the times I have been critical of LEOs and their "wagon circling" on THR, I say Koodos to you, Sir.

springmom
January 16, 2006, 07:58 PM
.....in U. S. Marshals all HE got was a chicken suit!!!!

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!!

Springmom, who can't quit laughing...

dave5339
January 16, 2006, 08:32 PM
How come you didn't wear the "suit" when you came down to Decatur with Bad Reno when he met my wife to swap firearms!

Dang good story!

Semper Fi

Vic303
January 16, 2006, 10:28 PM
Come on, Lawdog, I want the REST of the story!:p

Bigreno
January 16, 2006, 11:00 PM
Good thing there was a cameraman behind the entry team...:D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=34090&stc=1&d=1137466490

...and those poor neighborhood kids will never be the same.

armedandsafe
January 16, 2006, 11:08 PM
You owe me a keyboard...
or the rest of the story. :D ;) :D

Pops

Vic303
January 16, 2006, 11:45 PM
I love the pic Reno! Thanks for sharing! :D
--Vic

RTFM
January 17, 2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.allballoons.com/images/st07.jpg

106rr
January 18, 2006, 07:12 PM
If you are willing to dress like that for a campaign appearance here in CA you will BE the Sheriff. Hell , you can probably unseat Arnold.

pax
January 18, 2006, 07:42 PM
Well now, Dawg, where's Part III?

pax

Spinner
January 18, 2006, 08:03 PM
Spinner: Sheriff I want to make a complaint! It seems your Officer Lawdog has been telling his stories on that "infoweb" thing and causing good folks to go shooting coffee out their noses and laughing so much they hurt and can't do nuthin'.

Sheriff: (looks hard at Officer Lawdog who's hanging his head and shuffling one foot back and forth) Awful sorry sir. I'll have a word to Officer Lawdog and make sure his stories stop immediately.

Spinner: No, no, that's just the problem. Officer Lawdog's been teasing all us good folks by starting his stories and causing hilarity, spilt coffee and the death of keyboards all over, and then he just stops and doesn't finish the story. That's cruel and unusual punishment and I'd like to make a claim of police brutality on account of he's got us all hoppin' back to see if'n he's finished his story yet. We're all a-waitin' and there ain't no end to the story appeared yet.

Sheriff: I see sir

Spinner: And another thing! I think you're the one to blame, 'cos you told Officer Lawdog to put that pink gorilla suit on and dance around like a damn fool ... you done told him to work smarter not harder. Officer Lawdog is only relaying the wisdom of his senior officers .... only he done stopped relaying and we're all waitin'.

Sheriff: Yes sir, I see sir, I'll get Officer Lawdog onto that straight away.(another hard look in Officer Lawdog's direction)

Spinner: Just you see that you do Sheriff!! Good folks have a right to expect a certain level of service from their police officers!!

Spinner

sumpnz
January 18, 2006, 08:07 PM
Tagged so I don't miss part 3. Whoever is keeping the .pdf file of Lawdog's best stories better be updating it with this one and then posting it for the rest of us.

Dave Bean
January 18, 2006, 09:17 PM
Waiting with baited breath.....

Dave Bean

ckyllo
January 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
wow lawdog, never thought you would be able to beat the bugs bunny shirt story but i think you have. waiting on part 3.

buzz_knox
January 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
Tagged so I don't miss part 3. Whoever is keeping the .pdf file of Lawdog's best stories better be updating it with this one and then posting it for the rest of us.

Ditto. Although, I just had this image of Michael Chiklis being told to pull this stunt on "The Shield" and smoking the person who suggested it. Now, "The Commish" would have done it.

Dave Bean
January 19, 2006, 08:10 PM
The wait for Part 3 is killin' me. :)

Dave Bean

Dave Bean
January 20, 2006, 08:23 PM
This thread has slipped into page 2 of the forum. Now we all know that "out of sight, out of mind" can jeopardize part 3 from appearing so...

BTT :)

Dave Bean

Zundfolge
January 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
Okay, there are 25 posts on the first page which pushed Pt II to the top of the second page ... maybe LawDog is waiting until there are enough posts on this page to push his Pt III post to the first post on page 3

4 more to go guys

Firethorn
January 20, 2006, 08:51 PM
Okay, there are 25 posts on the first page which pushed Pt II to the top of the second page ... maybe LawDog is waiting until there are enough posts on this page to push his Pt III post to the first post on page 3

4 more to go guys

What an interesting proposal. Of course, he'd have to be keeping a close eye on the page to make sure he did it at the right time...

Phyphor
January 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
he's having problems typing whilst wearing that horrible, horrible suit? :evil:

Dave Bean
January 20, 2006, 09:37 PM
or maybe typing the story has set back this therapy so much that he's having flashbacks now....

Dave Bean

TrapperReady
January 20, 2006, 09:58 PM
...flashbacks...

... flashbangs...

Whatever. We just want the funny. :)

Phyphor
January 20, 2006, 09:59 PM
in a gorrila suit?

Lawdog thought he was gyrating before........ :neener:

JMusic
January 20, 2006, 10:30 PM
No sacrafice is to great!:evil:

Dave Bean
January 24, 2006, 01:03 AM
BTT :)

Dave Bean

Vic303
January 24, 2006, 01:46 AM
Any word yet on Part III?:D

Dave Bean
January 27, 2006, 11:15 PM
I hope he doesn't get the idea that I'm stalking him or something like that. ;)

Dave Bean

pax
January 27, 2006, 11:32 PM
Well, now, Dawg?

pax

TrapperReady
January 28, 2006, 12:03 AM
I figure he'd type the rest, but the zipper on the back of the gorilla suit is stuck and he can't type with it on. ;) :D

denfoote
January 28, 2006, 04:08 PM
At least it wasn't a pink Deputy Dawg or Quick Draw McGraw suit!!! :evil:

GruntII
January 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
Have you told em the snake and mongoose story?Long time since the rysher board eh?

Don Gwinn
January 29, 2006, 06:48 PM
Yep, we got the Saga of Squeaker on The Firing Line.

But maybe you know some old Lawdog Files we haven't heard?

GruntII
January 29, 2006, 07:53 PM
Yep, we got the Saga of Squeaker on The Firing Line.

But maybe you know some old Lawdog Files we haven't heard?

Been a while and the mongoose story stood out in my mind. As I recall from the days at the old rysher SOF board LD has a million of them.

Kodiak AK
January 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
How does one aquire that file?

Herself
January 29, 2006, 09:30 PM
Y'know, that's a real antidote to cyncism about the po-lice! Go, Lawdog, go!

Real shock and awe! And some high-steppin'.

--H

Templar223
January 29, 2006, 10:03 PM
Lawdog,

This 'sheriff' would take kindly to you continuing this story right soon.

I like your boss' <ahem> interesting selection of distraction devices.

John

sm
January 29, 2006, 10:07 PM
Somewhere in a small Texas Sheriff Department, the Chief's Secretary peeks thru the blinds so see what all the rukus is about...

"Betty Lou- you cannot just run in here without knocking first, what are you so out of breath about?"

huff....puff..."Look out the blinds...we got us a mob outside!!".

"Oh my heavens! We got folks with signs , wearing pink Monkey Masks, kids in dressed in pink monkey suits..."

"Thems Gorillas"

"Don't tell me what - I am the Chief".

Part III...PartIII...PartIII

'Oh heavens what do they want?"

"Sign over there says THR, another one says LawDog"

"Must be a full moon, Looney Bin musta had a breakout".

'No...I think some durn fool sent a Deputy out to serve a warrant in Pink Gorilla suit, and they want to hear the rest of the story...".

"Betty Lou, you are on thin ice, I am the Chief , not some "durn fool"

<Head tilt and grin by Betty Lou>

"So where is LawDog anyway?"

"You sent him out to investigate the Mavis place".

" I did? I mean I DID. I wonder what happened?"

"Don't you remember, neighbors heard screams, then again normally screams are heard out there."

"LawDog call in?"

"Yeah something about one of them getting a zipper caught in a electric can opener...".

"Get the Boy on the radio, forget the can opener, we need him to control this here mob situation".

"Chief?"

'Yeah what now?'

"We got some folks in Gorilla suits doing ...doing...looks like the Funky Chicken or something..."

"Oh Gawd , call the State boys, this is serious...".

Vic303
January 30, 2006, 12:00 AM
LawDog! LawDog! LawDog! LawDog! LawDog! LawDog! LawDog! LawDog!

sumpnz
January 30, 2006, 01:16 AM
How does one aquire that file?I think I might have a copy of it somewhere, but do a search on lawdog_files.pdf or something like that. I downloaded it off here a while ago after Lawdog's story about the fireworks celebration (s******, chuckel - that was a good one).

Zundfolge
January 30, 2006, 11:10 AM
I think I might have a copy of it somewhere, but do a search on lawdog_files.pdf or something like that. I downloaded it off here a while ago after Lawdog's story about the fireworks celebration (s******, chuckel - that was a good one).

I put together the PDF (or at least A PDF...maybe there's more than one).

I'm waiting until he shows up here to post the final part of this one so I can update it.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26386&d=1121187453

Dave Bean
February 2, 2006, 09:26 PM
That .pdf file is too clean. I think half the character of his writings is the slang he uses.

It's been a while....should we be worried??????

Dave Bean

Bigreno
February 2, 2006, 10:58 PM
I'll try and prod him about this thread at work tomorrow. I will see if I can get him back here to post the rest of the story.:p

Zundfolge
February 3, 2006, 12:16 AM
That .pdf file is too clean. I think half the character of his writings is the slang he uses.

Too clean? I didn't change a single word of his copy. :confused:

sumpnz
February 8, 2006, 11:22 PM
Come on Dawg - You're leaving us hangin'.

Zundfolge
February 13, 2006, 11:10 PM
Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?...

RCL
February 14, 2006, 07:31 AM
Must be an ongoing investigation:scrutiny:

:neener:

MissileCop
February 16, 2006, 07:58 PM
Dammit!

Someone 'cuff that man to a keyboard, and tell him to finish the story!

I's got people waitin'!

:cuss:

:neener:

MissileCop
February 23, 2006, 01:13 PM
BTT, so LawDog doesn't forget. :cuss:

:)

Twycross
February 27, 2006, 10:54 PM
Bump. We're still waiting. :scrutiny:

Phyphor
February 28, 2006, 03:00 PM
you might make him mad...then, he'll say "All right, the gloves come off!"

Of course, that might help him type better. Not to mention, if he's using an optical mouse, that horrible bright pink gorilla suit may be confusing the optics, so he can't actually click on anything..... :evil:

CubDriver
February 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
This is the first LawDog story I have read while it was being posted. Are they normally spread over this long of a time frame? I searched around and found a PDF that someone else compiled with his stories, and man are they good.

I have attached the PDF I found, I didnít compile it, and I would like to give credit to the person that did, but I canít seem to find a name. If you know who should be credited let me know and I will give credit where credit is due.

Zundfolge
February 28, 2006, 04:49 PM
that's me ... I put that PDF together. (actually the one you have there is an older one ... missing #XIV ... as is the one I have uplaoded so whenever LawDog gets this one finished you'll have TWO stories to read)

I never gave myself credit for it because all I did is copy paste into an InDesign file and export to PDF :p

I'm sitting here now with an InDesign file with an incomplete story at the end just waitin' for part 3 in which case I'll replace the PDF I have attached with the new one.

just sittin ... waitin ... and sittin ... maybe I should fire up solitare as it looks like its gonna be a bit of a wait. :D

sm
February 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/

Not one to ususally tell everything I know...got folks chompin' at the bit and all...you folks just need to come up with some bail money for me when LawDog finds this post is all.

Steve

dch1978
February 28, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'm envisioning a "bandwidth exceeded" note being delivered to his inbox right now.

dch

Zundfolge
February 28, 2006, 05:39 PM
http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/

AWESOME!

erik the bold
February 28, 2006, 05:58 PM
I think the Nigerian Space Program owes me a keyboard.

SM, it's all YOUR fault :neener:

XLMiguel
February 28, 2006, 06:05 PM
Most excellent! I have on occasion tried to gather up all the 'Dog files, but never got it done. Thanks Lawdog (and sm)! Maybe the 'Dog ought to hook up with the Kinkster and run for Lt Gov and bring sanity back to Texas:evil:

308win
February 28, 2006, 06:26 PM
I laughed, then I cried, then I laughed s'more.

grampster
February 28, 2006, 08:15 PM
My life is now complete

Vic303
February 28, 2006, 10:35 PM
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! The part about Pyracantha (I am well familiar with that evil plant!) about cost me a new keyboard!

BUT...we still don't have part 3 of the Pink Gorilla Suit!:neener:

Phyphor
April 17, 2006, 11:47 PM
we got a new Lawdog file...but no finish for this one...

sumpnz
August 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
Bump to hopefully compel the LegalCur to finish what he started.

publius
August 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
Holding the badge prominently in one paw was the best line for me. Lawdog seems to have been influenced by the greatest American writer of our times, Dave Barry. ;)

Vic303
August 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
Holding the badge prominently in one paw was the best line for me. Lawdog seems to have been influenced by the greatest American writer of our times, Dave Barry.
Actually he reminds me a lot more of Pat McManus, both in style, and somewhat of content, especially the childhood stories.

Smokey Joe
August 13, 2006, 03:42 AM
Zundfogel and Cub Driver, thanx for collecting Lawdog's stories.

Lawdog, thanx most of all for telling them.

Here's hoping that someday you finish the tale of The Pink Gorilla. But I can wait. (And, IMHO, you will NEVER top the story of The Python. I wish your mother had met my mother. Heck, I wish your father had met my father. Double heck--I wish I'd known you as a kid.)

Regarding your writing, there is an important discovery to be shared here with the world. To wit: THE SPIRIT OF MARK TWAIN HAS NOT BEEN LOST TO AMERICA!!

Which sage once observed that, "The difference between the right word, and the almost right word, is the difference between the lightning, and the lightning bug."

Keep pickin' out them lightnings, Sir!

AmbulanceDriver
August 13, 2006, 06:26 AM
So it was a relatively quiet night at work tonight, so I passed the hours by reading all of Lawdogs blog.

For the sake of your sanity, your co-workers sanity, and the safety of your keyboards and computers, it is inadvisable to do so...

I laughed so hard I was crying. I sprayed on not one, but TWO keyboards. AND a phone.

And my co-workers were looking for a straightjacket.

LawDog
August 19, 2006, 10:00 AM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif Y'all're more than welcome.

LawDog

If you enjoyed reading about "The LawDog Files, part 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!