"EBR" Purchase in Maryland

PDA

Gunfyter
January 11, 2006, 03:03 PM
I'm thinking about picking up an EBR this Spring and would like to know what I should be aware of so I don't anger the MSP. What can or can't I buy off the Internet and have shipped here? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about ""EBR" Purchase in Maryland" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
monsternav
January 11, 2006, 03:11 PM
No 21+ round mags. 20 is the limit.

Your dealer must have a state license to deal in regulated firearms (EBR's and handguns). Some dealers don't bother and only deal in "traditional" long guns.

10 day waiting period.

$20 (?) fee to the MSP. That will be on top of your dealers transfer fee.

I think that's it. I just got my new rule book at home, I'll peruse it when I get home tonight.

K-Romulus
January 11, 2006, 04:05 PM
I got mine last year during the legislative session . . .

I should have named it "Little Neil" . . .:evil:

Spot77
January 11, 2006, 06:01 PM
I should have named it "Little Neil" .

But then you'd have to pretend your name was Vallario and bit**slap your gun once in a while :evil:

Gunfyter - there's no real restrictions other than the magazine limit, and a limit of 20 ain't too bad considering what some other states have....:mad:

There's plenty of good dealers in MD to buy an EBR from that it might not make sense to try to buy it from out of state. You'll have to pay shipping, ffl fees, and in many cases sales tax on the rifle you buy over the internet. Plus you'll get no service from an internet dealer......if you have a minor problem your local dealer is MUCH more likey to fix it quickly for you.

Plenty of good deals on the net of course; just be prudent and weigh all of the costs.

26point2
January 11, 2006, 08:18 PM
A good source of information..

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/introduction.msnw

Norton
January 11, 2006, 09:33 PM
I got mine last year during the legislative session . . .

I should have named it "Little Neil" . . .:evil:

Hahahahah....Spot77 and I were so fired up during one of the meetings that we drove out to the Armory, which had just opened, and I slapped down the coin for an STG58 in honor of the Lil' Rob Garagiola "why don't you gun owners like me" speech. :evil:

In response to the original post....if you buy from a licensed dealer in MD it will pretty much like buying a handgun......fill out the paperwork, pay $10 to MSP, wait 7-10 days for "Not Disapproved" to be stamped on it and away you go.

You might be more interested in buying an HBAR Model AR-15 which can be bought cash and carry just like a bolt gun or shotgun......just a thought....

Gunfyter
January 13, 2006, 02:58 PM
Norton, what makes an HBAR so different that you can take it with you?

Norton
January 13, 2006, 03:34 PM
Norton, what makes an HBAR so different that you can take it with you?

A question for the sages if there ever was one ;)

It's actually a two part question.

1). How is the HBAR physically different? It's the 20" barrelled version with a heavy target barrel. This makes it a "target" rifle. :rolleyes:

2). How come this rifle is so much less evil than other ARs? Is it somehow less lethal? That's the one that's the hard one to figure out. I mean, in MD of all places, how is it that they let this one get by them? I'm not so sure that it's as worth exercising your brain cells wondering "why" as it is as wondering "why haven't I already got one"?

Think about it for a second....it's a cash and carry AR15. M4 style uppers are cash and carry too. ;)

I know that Christian Soldier on Harford Rd makes it a point to usually have one of these in stock and I seem to remember that On Target in Severn had some too. Not all dealers will sell the HBAR cash and carry but I know Christian Soldier will as will (I think) Gun Rack in Burtonsville.

countertop
January 13, 2006, 03:52 PM
Why does Sportsman's Guide discriminate against Maryland gun owners?

:banghead:

Why do people live in Maryland when Delaware, Pennsylvanis, Virginia, and West Virginia are all within commutting distance of any location in Maryland??

Norton
January 13, 2006, 05:15 PM
:banghead:

Why do people live in Maryland when Delaware, Pennsylvanis, Virginia, and West Virginia are all within commutting distance of any location in Pennsylvania??

I guess you meant "commuting distance of any location in MD".....

That's not really an option if you work in chunks of central MD unless you want to spend a minimum of an hour each way with the likelihood that it would occasionally be 1.5 - 2 hours.

I could make it work by living in Alexandria and working in Greenbelt, but the wife would inherit a horrible drive to Annapolis.

Spot77
January 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
Why do people live in Maryland when Delaware, Pennsylvanis, Virginia, and West Virginia are all within commutting distance of any location in Maryland??

Some of us choose not to be cowards and run when things aren't going our way.

If you enjoyed reading about ""EBR" Purchase in Maryland" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!