New Revolutionary way to camoflage your hunting jeep/truck.

PDA

El Rojo
April 9, 2003, 12:13 AM
http://www.roadrunner.com/v5/images/ap/XKO103040709.jpg
Kurdish fighters travel in a jeep covered in mud for camouflage on frontlines near the village of Khazer, Kurdish-held northern Iraq, Monday, April 7, 2003. U.S. warplanes struck a convoy of allied Kurdish fighters and U.S. special forces Sunday in one of the deadliest friendly fire attacks of the war. At least 18 people were killed and more than 45 wounded, including senior Kurdish commanders, Kurdish officials said. (AP Photo/Kamal Osman)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Revolutionary way to camoflage your hunting jeep/truck." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Azrael256
April 9, 2003, 04:37 AM
It's not really new, and I wouldn't call it revolutionary, but it is rather amusing. Using mud to cover exposed skin is as old as camoflauge itself, this is just a more updated version. It is true, however, that whatever keeps you from getting shot is a good thing, so it's a good idea.

The next time you think that those Kurdish people are any different from you, take a good look at this picture. Two guys with rifles sitting on the tailgate of a mud-covered pickup...

3 gun
April 9, 2003, 05:14 AM
They are different. It looks like they have full auto AKs with folding stocks. I can't get those here.:D

Landfeldmesser
April 9, 2003, 05:50 AM
Looks like my work truck! :)

Tamara
April 9, 2003, 06:08 AM
The next time you think that those Kurdish people are any different from you, take a good look at this picture. Two guys with rifles sitting on the tailgate of a mud-covered pickup...

Heck, one of 'em's even wearing what looks for all the world to be a standard khaki Banana Republic Shoot Me Vest.

cool45auto
April 9, 2003, 07:03 AM
They even upgraded with the tube bumpers!

DMK
April 9, 2003, 10:37 AM
Kurdish fighters travel in a jeep Grrr! It's not a "Jeep"! Freekin' brain dead press. :rolleyes:

anchored
April 9, 2003, 11:27 AM
Why cover it in mud then park on a green surface? Ya think they seeded it too and it just hasn't started to grow, chia-truck style?

4v50 Gary
April 9, 2003, 11:35 AM
Mud dabbled on the face was used by some Patriots during the Revolutionary War. During the Civil War, Co. K of the First Michigan Sharpshooters use to roll in the dirt or dabble mud on their uniforms. You see, they were Native Americans and knew something or two about camouflage. The rest of the regiment (whites) watched them and imitated Co. K. Even during WW II, whether the troopers intended or not, mud got splattered over the vehicles, making them blend easier into the terrain.

Heck, when I had my '73 Land Rover (in the days before they became Yuppie vehicles), mine always had a coat of mud. Never washed it except for the windows. That's the advantage of a non-rusting aluminum body.:D

COHIBA
April 9, 2003, 12:48 PM
something is wrong w/ your pic. all i can see is two guysnfloating above the ground w/ AK's.

TallPine
April 9, 2003, 01:22 PM
Gee, we've been doing that in Montana for a long time ...

Here is the "recipe" for those who are interested:

1) Pick a day that it has rained or the snow is melting

2) Drive to town

Simple, isn't it?

When it starts wearing off, just repeat the process.

:p

RustyHammer
April 9, 2003, 01:37 PM
I knew there I'd find a good excuse for NOT washing the truck if I lived long enough .... :neener:

TallPine
April 9, 2003, 01:55 PM
Looks like a couple of Montana boys out coyote hunting.

("Beer ...? I thought YOU brought the beer?)

Archie
April 9, 2003, 02:14 PM
that's what I was thinking.

Except for the specific rifles, they could be just a couple good old boys out for a day of coyotes, partridge, deer, antelope or groundhogs!

"What time do we have to be back?"

"Game on at seven; 'Baywatch' on at nine. Or when the beer runs out."

DMK
April 9, 2003, 08:01 PM
I think those Kurds are Iraq's "Good ol Boys".

a) They live out in the middle of nowhere
b) They seem pretty well armed
c) They are pretty much ignored most of the time
d) They dislike the central government and the central government dislikes them
e) Just look at the picture!

joeislove
April 9, 2003, 08:26 PM
Wow. Until I looked closely and saw the Middle Eastern features on the men's faces, and the AK's, I thought this was a picture of my brother and his best friend on a hunting trip. Weird.

Schuey2002
April 9, 2003, 09:43 PM
Grrr! It's not a "Jeep"! Freekin' brain dead press.
You're right.. It's a Toyota Hilux !!!
http://ecom.toyota-gib.com/images/Database/444.jpg
[Pictured above is the new 2003 version of this truck.] ;)

280PLUS
April 10, 2003, 04:55 PM
that during ww1 entire cavalry regiments: hundreds of men, horses, the works, could hide from these newfangled planes and their observers on the open desert JUST BY REMAINING STILL.

so if you smear similar color mud on your hi-lux and park it right out in the open, chances are you won't be spotted by eyesight from any planes.

now if youre engine is hot and those up above are using heat signature stuff, well...

:eek:

George Hill
April 10, 2003, 05:02 PM
If it wasn't for the green, I could have sworn that picture was taken at a Utah TFL Gathering!:D

Wayne D
April 11, 2003, 12:34 PM
This is a jeep. That is not a Jeep!

Ol' Badger
April 11, 2003, 02:47 PM
Their wearing tennies guys. Just like us. Except maybe less baths. Also the lack of Full Auto.

Snowdog
April 11, 2003, 03:42 PM
Grrr! It's not a "Jeep"! Freekin' brain dead press

Hate to pick at the details, but that got my dog as well. The only quarter ton pickup Jeep had was the Commanchi, and that ain't no Comanche. It's no J-series either.

An insult for sure. I suppose, as far as the media is concerned, any vehicle in the desert is a Jeep now?
My Grand Wagoneer could kick that lil' rice-burner's butt anyday.
:D

QuarterBoreGunner
April 11, 2003, 06:39 PM
Ya think they seeded it too and it just hasn't started to grow, chia-truck style?

ACK!! I really wish I hadn't been drinking coffee when I read that!

<off to get the windex>

If you enjoyed reading about "New Revolutionary way to camoflage your hunting jeep/truck." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!