For Men -ONLY-

PDA

pax
January 12, 2006, 01:54 AM
Please don't answer this poll unless you are a man.

If you carry at least some small percentage of the time, which way do you carry most often?

Post on the thread to add details or clarifications.

thanks!

pax

edited to add: I can't fix the pocket carry thing without skewing the poll now, so just go with "other" for pocket carry as well as whatever else I missed.

Also, please follow this link after you vote: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=176409

The women's poll is at http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=176312 -- if your wife or girlfriend occasionally carries, please vote for her or have her vote. Thanks.

thanks,

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "For Men -ONLY-" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
zahc
January 12, 2006, 02:00 AM
What, no option for 'I'm only 20 so I'm legally helpless?'

Car Knocker
January 12, 2006, 02:03 AM
I use both IWB behind the hip and pocket carry depending on many things. Probably 50-50.

3rdpig
January 12, 2006, 02:11 AM
I voted IWB behind hip, but I also carry a KT 32 in a pocket holster and when I'm riding a motorcycle my main carry gun is in a shoulder holster instead of the IWB holster.

crashresidue
January 12, 2006, 02:13 AM
I've modified the survival knife thigh pocket on my flight suits to carrya NAA mini. It's accessable with either hand if one is pinned or broken in a crash.

Gentle winds,
cr

phoglund
January 12, 2006, 02:13 AM
I carry 80 - 90% of the time IWB behind the hip, occasionally pocket carry.

hso
January 12, 2006, 02:15 AM
I carry in the pocket in some circumstances, IWB or OWB behind the hip in others and carry a planner with a holster the rest of the time.

MNgoldenbear
January 12, 2006, 02:40 AM
I've carried in a fanny pack a lot, but have gone back to IWB (behind strong side hip). The fanny pack pretty much telegraphs out here, though I still wear one mostly just to carry stuff. Still use it once in a while to carry. Went back to IWB because it seemed faster to access. Had an incident this summer that could have turned bad, and wanted to have quicker access to the weapon. Kind of a PITA (literally) as I spend the day driving, but I can't easily conceal a shoulder set-up, and I have no confidence in a cross-draw other than for inside the vehicle.

BruceB
January 12, 2006, 03:11 AM
All those listed possibilities, but NO pocket carry?

In-the-pocket may not be elegant, but it sure is practical for a lot of us in some situations. I carry almost all the time, and pocketing my 642 seems to be the most practical way to go armed about 1/3 of the time.

One thing I've come up with, is modifying the carry with IWB holsters, depending on my outer clothing. Instead of placing the holster actually inside the waistband of my trousers, I position it OUTSIDE the pants but INSIDE the belt. This avoids the miserable discomfort of the bulk inside the waistband, and also allows carry with your regular-size pants....no need to go up a size for comfort. Believe me, in our hot climate, it's a real difference.

I've carried like this with only an un-tucked LONG T-shirt for cover over a full-sized 1911 and 4" N-frame S&Ws, so it works in my un-suspicious (and gun-friendly) neighborhood. A "wife-beater" singlet under the outer T-shirt increases comfort by keeping the rig away from skin contact. With current informal fashions, an outer button-up shirt worn open over a T-shirt also offers excellent concealment and easy access to the gun. Just watch that vagrant breezes don't expose the armament.

The only thing that this under-the-belt & over-the-pants method gives up, is the possible exposure of the holster bottom, and the cover garment takes care of that. The Cabela's "safari vest" is a dandy item for doing this and gives perfect concealment in 'most any weather. Only $50, and it carries a lot of other stuff conveniently as well. Note again that I live in HOT country, so comfort is a serious concern.

LiquidTension
January 12, 2006, 03:13 AM
My main carry gun for the past several years has been carried IWB at about 4:30. I picked up a KT P3AT a few months ago and have been carrying it a lot. If I only have the KT, it rides in my right pants pocket. If both, it's in the left.

lawson
January 12, 2006, 03:19 AM
IWB slightly behind hip
OWB slightly behind hip
ankle holster
shoulder holster
pocket holster

but not all at the same time.

mnrivrat
January 12, 2006, 03:24 AM
Front Pocket Carry

Strings
January 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
well, my colours are a Coronado riding vest, home to a Smith 19 and four reloads. If there's something on my waist, it's either a Taurus 850 @ roughly 10 o'clock (crossdraw) and/or the 1991 compact IWB at roughly 4. There's also the inner thigh holster for the Taurus, when I'm wearing a kilt. And, sometimes, a pocket holster for the Seecamp...

Old Dog
January 12, 2006, 04:57 AM
Mostly OWB, high-ride pancake, strong-side at about four o'clock ... A 4" 1911 conceals easily under a blazer, vest or sweater in a well-made holster. Occasionally IWB, same position. Smith snubby in a pocket when working in the yard, garage or around the house ...

McCall911
January 12, 2006, 05:11 AM
I carry a flight bag to work, ostensibly for food, etc. But it's also so I can conceal my Browning BDA.

Glockman17366
January 12, 2006, 05:39 AM
Pocket mostly...or outside the waist band on the hip

Coronach
January 12, 2006, 05:59 AM
Ankle always, but that's my BUG. My main gun, either on duty or off, is on my hip. Offduty it is IWB, on duty is on my bat-belt.

Mike

WayneConrad
January 12, 2006, 06:57 AM
PAX, I carry openly, in a holster on my right hip. Is that OWB? I had it in my head that OWB implied concealed, but I don't really know.

Model520Fan
January 12, 2006, 07:08 AM
The dots don't work. When I click on the second place I carry, the first goes away.

I usually carry two guns, occasionally one or three. OWB at side, weak-side pocket, ankle. Sometimes IWB at side.

shaldag
January 12, 2006, 07:17 AM
IWB, behind hip. Occasionally shoulder.

Janitor
January 12, 2006, 07:29 AM
Depends on the season. It's Winter right now, so I answered the poll with OWB, on or behind the hip.

Depening on where I'm going and what the weather is I might carry IWB, or IWB with a tuckable (at about 3:30-4:00). Most the time there's a bug in my hip pocket too.
-

eagle45
January 12, 2006, 08:38 AM
Most often, IWB in front of hip.

Sometimes OWB, pocket carry, or thunderwear type holster.

I also sometimes use an elastic type shoulder holster (belly band type, but worn higher) for ccw under a shirt or sweathshirt. This one is great for wearing around the house.

I also use an elastic thigh model of the same type (holstersrus.com) to comply with Ohio's 'in plain sight' law while driving. This one has become a favorite for in vehicle carry. Very comfortable, and very accessible and works well with everything from a snubby to a full size 1911. Worn on either thigh, it is easily seen by a LEO standing at the driver's side window, but other motorists can't really see it, especially if I'm in my truck.

feedthehogs
January 12, 2006, 08:47 AM
Other

Black heavy cotton sleevless T with a heavy elastic pouch sewn to fit the Kimber Eclipse sewn under the left arm with a ballistic nylon strap that goes up around the shoulder to support the weight and keep the left side from sagging.
Its very comfortable, don't need to worry about the wind blowing the cover shirt open and a waist carry being seen. Any weight cover shirt can be worn with it.

1911 guy
January 12, 2006, 09:06 AM
I carry a 5" 1911 OWB, behind my right hip, reload behind my left.

MattB
January 12, 2006, 09:09 AM
Pocket mostly for me. However, in the winter I put my pocket holster in my inside coat pocket. In the summer, I put it in the front pocket. I do carry a semi auto on weekends IWB using a Kramer IWB #3 for either my Glock 19 or my SW990L. I like the 990L cause it is lighter and you barely know you are carrying with th IWB #3.

Preacherman
January 12, 2006, 09:10 AM
I find that most of my carry (probably 80%) is in the pocket, using a pocket holster. The rest of the time, it's usually IWB at 4 o'clock. Occasionally I use ankle carry or a fanny pack.

rms/pa
January 12, 2006, 09:10 AM
pocket carry/w holster

rms/pa

HSMITH
January 12, 2006, 09:21 AM
Voted IWB, but pocket carry a lot too both in pants pocket and jacket pockets.

mbs357
January 12, 2006, 09:25 AM
The bridge of my nose, Doom style.
:uhoh:
(I didn't vote because I can't/don't carry.)

VTKFJoe
January 12, 2006, 09:28 AM
PM9 in the pocket almost always, occasional IWB behind hip with same.

Don't have a holster yet for the G19 but that will go IWB behind when it is carried.

Joe

farscott
January 12, 2006, 09:32 AM
J-frame in pocket and 1911 behind hip.

dakotasin
January 12, 2006, 10:00 AM
j-frame in pocket.
sig 229 owb about 4:30.

just depends what the uniform of the day is as to what goes on.

Fred Fuller
January 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
Almost always pocket carry a P3AT or (lately) a 642-2 in an appropriate holster. Sometimes they serve as a BUG for a Kahr P9 carried tucked under my belt with the muzzle in the watch pocket of my jeans, which would be OWB for purposes of the poll. But pocket carry is my most common location by far.

Having a hand in a pocket presents a fairly casual appearance but in some situations it is reassuring to have established a firing grip on a gun without it being obvious what you're doing.

lpl/nc

rocky
January 12, 2006, 10:05 AM
For summer carry IWB, winter carry usually OWB or occasionally a shoulder rig.

stevelyn
January 12, 2006, 10:12 AM
IWB on hip or slightly forward.

HankB
January 12, 2006, 10:36 AM
Depending on how I'm dressed, I either carry IWB behind my right hip (Either a BHP or G26) or else I carry an S&W 340SC in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster in my right front pants pocket.

I like the pocket carry because if something arouses my suspicions, I can discretely take a firing grip on the revolver while it's still in my pocket and not look like anything except like a guy with his hand in his pocket, but still be able to draw and fire in probably half a second.

SMLE
January 12, 2006, 10:47 AM
Sig 229 in 40 S&W in Galco "Summer Comfort" holster. Was carrying Beretta 96 in Galco "Scout" holster.

Wllm. Legrand
January 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
Other.
Mostly pocket, though the Action Direct belly band has some utility.

CAS700850
January 12, 2006, 11:05 AM
If we talk hours of the day, it's going to be in the my briefcase, as that's where it is whenever it's not on my person. All other times, owb on strong side is next, followed by shoulder holster.

Brian Williams
January 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
I should have voted other, but I voted IWB behind hip. I carry my S&W 9/642 in my pocket when I am not at work and in a bag otherwise. Occasionally I carry my 9/642 IWB and when I carry my S&W 13 or 1911 I carry IWB behind the hip.

I have been known to stick my 13 in my pocket.

fiVe
January 12, 2006, 11:30 AM
Other.

J-Frame (642) in my front left pocket.

Revolvers rule!

ball3006
January 12, 2006, 11:46 AM
over the shoulder bag and a Kel Tec 3AT in my left front pocket. Most of the time I am dressed in gym clothes when not at work where I cannot carry at all. I wear suspenders, just dated myself, on my jeans so the bag works just fine. It also has extra pockets for mags, wallet, and phone........chris3

mpthole
January 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
Typically IWB, 1911 gov't model in Versa-Max II.

jacobtowne
January 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
Belt holster usually. In summer, occasionally a Kramer Confidant net T-shirt with built in holster under the arm.
JT

ID_shooting
January 12, 2006, 12:11 PM
P3AT / clip, front pocket carry

Pilot
January 12, 2006, 12:20 PM
I've modified the survival knife thigh pocket on my flight suits to carrya NAA mini. It's accessable with either hand if one is pinned or broken in a crash.

Is this when you are flying a plane or crew?

I carry OWB, actualy in front of my hip. A sweater or untucked shirt covers the holstered gun. When flying, the pistol goes in my flight bag, unloaded and loaded mag removed. It returns to my OWB with mag inserted of course when on the ground. I keep my knife on me in case I need to bust plexiglass or cut seat belts to egress.

crashresidue, I don't think I'd pick that name. :)

roo_ster
January 12, 2006, 12:24 PM
I saw no "pocket" holster, which I use about 50% of the time.

IWB, behind hip, is how I voted. (full-size SW1911, BTW) A reload is behind weak-side hip.

I also usually pack a Taurus 651 in my pocket.

pax
January 12, 2006, 12:31 PM
Dang. I obviously should have put "in the pocket" as an option!

Didn't even think of it. Was lucky to remember ankle and shoulder rigs ... :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming.

pax

thumbody
January 12, 2006, 12:36 PM
Stery M40 IWB about 4:00

Dave Markowitz
January 12, 2006, 12:39 PM
OWB slightly behind my left hip.

Love handles make IWB really uncomfortable.

starfuryzeta
January 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
IWB when carrying the Beretta 96.

Pocket carry (Desanti Nemesis) for the Kahr.

Whole Hog
January 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
Pocket carry only - P3AT, J-frame, PM9. I've got belt holsters but I've only used them for competition.

thorazine
January 12, 2006, 12:52 PM
something other than the above (please post!)

G26 under my baseball hat.

Harry Paget Flashman
January 12, 2006, 12:54 PM
Don't carry often but when I do it's a S&W 342 Ti in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Ian
January 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
My daily carry is a 5" 1911 OWB just behind the point of my hip. I almost never carry a spare mag, but when I do it's between 4 and 5 o'clock.

Riz58
January 12, 2006, 01:07 PM
CCW received earlier this month (Jan)

I use my briefcase. It has an outside pouch in which I have velcroed an inexpensive holster. The Kahr rides there nicely and is easily available with the briefcase slung over my right shoulder.

I have an ankle holster on order that will probably become my primary carry in non-work related areas.

I have a paddle holster behind strong-side hip on the few occasions that I wear clothing that will conceal it.

rero360
January 12, 2006, 01:37 PM
IWB right behind my hip, currently going sans holster, I like the look of milt sparks but I don't want to wait 18 weeks for one. still looking for a good one from someone else, I'll probably get a sparks too eventually

rero360
January 12, 2006, 01:38 PM
spare mag in weak side rear pocket

Ala Dan
January 12, 2006, 01:39 PM
but in most instances, IWB strong side in the 4 o'clock position~!:D

Mousegun
January 12, 2006, 01:44 PM
Kel Tec P3AT in a front pocket holster.

Dave R
January 12, 2006, 01:45 PM
Mostly pocket carry with a P-3AT. But if dress allows, IWB at 5:00 behind the hip. PT-145.

trueblue1776
January 12, 2006, 01:54 PM
No holser for my fat sig229, inside the pants right side in back of my hip. There are many people here who are critical of carrying in the belt without a holster, but it's legal and it works for me. I also use the Galco royal guard and one of their snap retention highrise holsters, but not for CCW much, just for the range or whatever.

Highland Ranger
January 12, 2006, 02:15 PM
IWB 4 o'clock.

Not sure what you are looking for but these guys have a line of holsters especially for female body geometry: http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/lady/Default.htm

Must be other manufacturers who do as well.

progunner1957
January 12, 2006, 02:33 PM
I carry my "big" gun - 1911, Glock 21, etc. in a zip-up black cordura Bible cover - complete with "Jesus fish" logo. (Gird thy loins for war and smite the heathen, brethren:D )...

This cover with a gun in it looks like a day planner - I carry it about everywhere and no one has ever given it a second glance. If I need to draw, I hold it in my left hand, pull the zipper pull to open, reach in and draw in one quick, smooth motion. Extra loaded magazines are kept in a zippered pocket seperate from the gun.

When I carry my Tarus .44 snubbie, it goes in the right side coat pocket, with 2-3 speedloaders in the left side coat pocket.

Guns_and_Labs
January 12, 2006, 02:52 PM
I voted OWB, but I also carry cross draw and in a fanny pack under certain circumstances.

pax
January 12, 2006, 02:59 PM
If you voted here, I'd take it as a personal favor if you'd also vote here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=176409

thanks,

pax

MeanStreaker
January 12, 2006, 03:02 PM
I also carry IWB at 4 o'clock with a little help from Milt Sparks. I just picked up a S&W 642, so pocket carry in a Desantis Nemesis will give me another option.

el44vaquero
January 12, 2006, 03:17 PM
I usually carry small of back. With me wearing a sports coat and slacks it just feels better. However, when I'm in a tux I wear a shoulder holster. Don't know if I carry that way in a tux because it's more comfortable, or I feel more like Bond.....James Bond. ;)

woerm
January 12, 2006, 03:23 PM
ususally in boot (about 90%) or iwb for crossdraw (if in cond orange or above).

Legionnaire
January 12, 2006, 03:29 PM
Had to vote "other" because my most frequent carry method at this point is pocket carry (pocket holster). Works best for me in the professional environment. I also carry occasionally with a deep cover spandex holster worn under my shirt that carries a small auto under my left arm in the position a traditional shoulder holster would; sort of like a belly band with shoulder straps worn around the chest. My preferred carry, but not the one I use most, is IWB behind the right hip. And I just started experimenting with ankle carry, which seems to be very convenient for sitting behind a dest and/or driving.

Some day I need to try all four at once, just for fun!

Anybody else notice that a NAA .22mag mini revolver fits nicely in the knife/cell-phone pocket of 5.11s? :)

beaucoup ammo
January 12, 2006, 03:58 PM
affords pocket carry...and most Anywhere else. When I use my power chair for long hauls (malls, expansive venues,etc) the concealment possibilities go way up, as there are places in and around the chair I wouldn't have afoot.

Take Care

landon74
January 12, 2006, 04:04 PM
S&W 340PD usually in a pocket holster in my front right pocket, but occasionally strong side IWB...

Sam Adams
January 12, 2006, 04:13 PM
IWB for my .45; in my right front pocket with my S&W 642 (in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster). I use the latter when I don't/can't wear a suitcoat, untucked shirt or long coat.

f4t9r
January 12, 2006, 04:42 PM
Its either small of back or my fav a belly band

tellner
January 12, 2006, 05:55 PM
The new Scott eVest (http://www.scottevest.com) version4.0 has elastic bands and velcro pouches in several of its quite literally dozens of pockets. I've put a 5.11Tactical holster (http://511tactical.com/backup-belt-system/) on one of those patches in one of the outer strong-side pockets. I have a similar rig crossdraw for 5.11's photographer's vest.

Steve499
January 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
Pocket carry. Kel-tec .380

Steve

Arcli9ht
January 12, 2006, 06:33 PM
Depends on the gun/clothes I am using.

Now that it is winter, I usually carry in a shoulder holster with the USPc.

During warmer months, I'll carry IWB in front of my right hip if I am not going to be sitting down a lot, on the hip if I will be seated where there are open back chairs, and SOB if it is a booth restaurant.

I carry OWB while fishing, hunting, and most any other outdoors activity where I'm out in the boonies and also while driving (without frequent stops).

My little 380 has a SOB/back of hip holster, so that's how I carry it.

I have twice as many holsters as handguns, and 4 of the 6 are for the USPc, so there are a lot of options.

xds&gsps
January 12, 2006, 07:14 PM
IWB strong side behind the hip double mag pouch weakside behind the hip. 90% of the time OWB strongside the rest of the time SA XD 4" 9mm.

Hypnogator
January 12, 2006, 08:23 PM
Right rear pocket. My "always" gun is a Kel-Tec P-32 with pocket-slipper laser attached. Prints as wallet. So far, nobody has questioned my need for two wallets! :D

Invisible Swordsman
January 12, 2006, 09:40 PM
I voted OWB because that was my primary carry mode for most of the last 28 years. However, in the past couple of years I find myself doing much more pocket carry (Kel-tecs & j-frames).

With the coming of the Kel-tecs, even when carrying OWB I also usually have a second gun in the pocket. They're just too small not to carry.

I have used fanny packs, ankle rigs and shoulder holsters occasionally.

Lennyjoe
January 12, 2006, 09:41 PM
IWB @ 8 o'clock.:D

Lefty;)

308win
January 12, 2006, 09:48 PM
642 in pocket holster

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
January 12, 2006, 11:35 PM
SIG; P229 or sometimes P220 IWB, 4 o'clock, right. Comp-Tac CTAC.

I also have a Galati fanny pack with a velcoed back which I carry in sometimes- usually when I'm wearing a tucked-in T-shirt and no jacket or pullover. SWMBO started calling it my 'tactical man-purse' and it stuck. I wear it low and on the right so it doesn't look quite so 'touristy'. It's good for toting it around in the vehicle if I want to go off-body, but most of the time I pull it out of there and holster instead.

Regards,
Rabbit.

gezzer
January 12, 2006, 11:51 PM
front right pocket ,Glock 26

C96
January 13, 2006, 01:44 AM
442 in a pocket, usually in a Kramer pocket holster.

gunner03
January 13, 2006, 02:40 AM
IWB 3:30 out in public, pocket at home so the kids can't knock it loose!

strambo
January 13, 2006, 02:50 AM
Mostly IWB behind hip, sometimes OWB behind hip. Would prefer OWB always, but clothing realities get in the way.

SapperLeader
January 13, 2006, 06:30 AM
IWB behind the hip, usually at 3:30/3:45. I also carry my j-frame via my front pocket a lot, as the primary or bug.

erh
January 13, 2006, 10:10 AM
Often IWB @ or behind hip, but more often Pocket carry.

280PLUS
January 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
Lightweight S&W hammerless .32 H&R Mag snubbie in right side front pants pocket.

NORM
January 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
even though I have a permit, I haven't carried in 15 years.

Dr.Rob
January 13, 2006, 03:21 PM
When I carry openly it's almost always crossdraw, no matter what the handgun is. It's much more comfortable than strong side getting in and out of a car and out of the way on horseback.

Byron Quick
January 13, 2006, 10:04 PM
Concealed carry is OWB on strong side hip.

At home, while dressed in gym shorts and T shirt, I'll carry in a Galco shoulder rig. Throw a shirt over the shoulder holster if the doorbell rings.

denfoote
January 13, 2006, 10:15 PM
OWB right behind the hip.

Edmond
January 13, 2006, 10:19 PM
I carry my 229 behind the hip in a Don Hume agent holster. I've carried my G30 in the same position in a Sidearmor holster but the weight makes it feel uncomfortable.

usp_fan
January 13, 2006, 10:23 PM
Usually IWB, but also often OWB in the same position. OWB is more comfortable, but IWB hides better for me.

--usp_fan

JohnKSa
January 13, 2006, 10:28 PM
Have two modes of carry depending on the situations I'm likely to encounter. It's hard to decide which is used more often.

Poll won't allow two selections...

Thunderwear type carry and IWB on/behind hip are my two options.

TIMC
January 13, 2006, 10:40 PM
90% of the time IWB holster carried at small of the back. Usually a Para C645 but there are several others depending on the mood. The other 10% is a hip holster, usually in cold weather only.

Scottmkiv
January 13, 2006, 11:32 PM
Pocket Carry or Open carry on a drop leg holster.

Kamicosmos
January 14, 2006, 12:21 AM
Most of the time IWB just behind the hip, around 3:30 or so.

Occasionally, bigger guns are OWB, but in the same place, just behind the hip.

David W. Gay
January 14, 2006, 01:38 AM
IWB, on or behind hip
IWB, in front of hip
A better selection would have been to have the "on or" part in BOTH options.

For instance, I carry IWB, ON OR in front of hip, which fits none of the survey options.

Therefore, for the purposes of this survey, I chose "something other".

Now, when I cash in my annual savings certificate (aka: tax refund) :), I plan on adding pocket carry to my list of options.

Carry On!

m.i.sanders
January 14, 2006, 10:23 AM
It really depends on what I'm carrying. I always have my P32 in my front pocket (only in places I can carry of course ;) ). When I can carry my 1911, I carry it IWB on my strong side hip. I typically have my 1911 with me on at night or the weekends when I can dress to conceal it.

pax
January 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
For instance, I carry IWB, ON OR in front of hip, which fits none of the survey options.
Those are listed as two different options, so you should've just picked the one that you do most often.

pax

Hemicuda
January 14, 2006, 12:15 PM
On occasion, as needed, i use a shoulder rig (Miami classic Galco, or nylon, depending on outer covering)

On occasion i use a nylon fag-bag (fanny pack).

IF i have a belt on, (95% of the time) i am wearing a Galco Jak-Slide at 4 0' Clock, and it holds everything from a Hi-Standard Double-Nine longhorn and a NAA Mini, to a Smitty 4506... and everything in between..

jamz
January 14, 2006, 12:33 PM
I voted #1, but it's either IWB (at work) or OWB (not at work).

-James

Ex-MA Hole
January 14, 2006, 12:35 PM
642, Front Pocket.

45Broomhandle
January 15, 2006, 09:59 PM
While driving the gun is in a map pocket of my Miata's door. and a well molded into the door of our Diamonte. When exiting the car it is slipped into a pocket. I usually wear Guyabera-type shirts with FOUR pockets and pants with ELEVEN pockets. Can accomodate about ANY size handgun and have a choice of several.

http://img498.imageshack.us/img498/9238/fouremblems1ax.jpg

Skipper
January 15, 2006, 10:08 PM
Summer I use a Belly Band. Rest of the year I carry IWB behind the hip. At home I use a belt slide of one brand or another. I'm ALWAYS armed.
Regards,
SKIP

Ryder
January 15, 2006, 11:22 PM
Crossdraw for the win! :D

Complications? Well I did have a gun fall out once when I shoveling snow but that was with a soft holster which I no longer use. That was a disappointing learning experience but it's the only one I know of.

Considerations? It is fast. It conceals better and is so much more comfortable (for me) that it does not limit my choice in guns. People don't usually brush against me there and when they do my gun is protected from detection by grabbing my belt buckle with my off hand.

IMO the term "crossdraw" has generated confusion. People say it means you face your target squarely? With a fighting stance my presentation is actually a "withdraw" of the gun away from the attacker. That's a clear advantage considering how close people can get when they want to kill you. I only need clear leather by inches to fire. Did I mention fast? Hehe.

Stickjockey
January 15, 2006, 11:47 PM
OWB, 3:30-4:00. Started out IWB, but the holster I had kept pushing the safety off.:eek: The guy at the store showed me a Galco Fletch OWB, and after a brief period of being a bit self-conscious at the thought of my sidearm peeking out from under my shirt, I find it more comfortable.

Johnny Guest
January 16, 2006, 11:02 AM
- - - except, of course, for not having a pocket carry option. :)

I've been retired for just over a year, so I only carry holstered behind right hip less than half the time. Probably 60 to 70% of my carry is an S&W M37 or Colt Agent in RF pocket, in a Desantis Nemesis holster.

I've tried carrying only a KT P3AT as main battery but it just doesn't feel right. Too many years with a Colt Commander, I suppose. :p It still gets packed part of the time, in a Galco shoulder holster, or OWB.

Best,
Johnny

SteelEye
January 18, 2006, 12:21 PM
Carry either PM9 or 340PD in pocket. Have 2 IWB holsters for Sig 226 and 686 snubby but both are too heavy (compared to the pocket guns).

BothellBob
January 18, 2006, 05:16 PM
Pocket, usually jacket, sometimes pants.

If you enjoyed reading about "For Men -ONLY-" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!