Instant Check question, Illinois

PDA

sctman800
January 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
When a NICS is called in is the serial no. or type of firearm refered to or is it just the person being approved? I am asking specificly about Illinois because here the NICS goes through the Illinois State police and they seem to have their own rules about the check. I still don't understand how the Illinois check records are never destroyed but they get away with it. Jim.

If you enjoyed reading about "Instant Check question, Illinois" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
eastwood44mag
January 12, 2006, 02:30 PM
I think IL keeps everything that is on the form. Sure sucks. That's why I'm moving.

Ala Dan
January 12, 2006, 02:36 PM
Dont know 'bout Illinois NICS check, but when I call one in here in central
Alabama, only the type of firearm being purchased is relayed to the FBI~!:D

scout26
January 12, 2006, 02:38 PM
The ISP has everything which they pass on to Daley's Cage unit. Which is how you will get a no-knock warrant if you buy a handgun and have a Chicago address.

I still don't understand how the Illinois check records are never destroyed but they get away with it.

Because I'm not willing to risk giving up my (gun) rights to be the test case. :what:

Jeff White
January 12, 2006, 04:26 PM
The only information about the gun you buy that goes to the ISP is handgun or longgun. No serial number, make, model or any other identifers are sent to the ISP.

The identification of either handgun or longgun is necessary because of the law on waiting periods and age required to purchase a handgun.

Jeff

eastwood44mag
January 13, 2006, 04:16 PM
The only information about the gun you buy that goes to the ISP is handgun or longgun. No serial number, make, model or any other identifers are sent to the ISP.

The identification of either handgun or longgun is necessary because of the law on waiting periods and age required to purchase a handgun.

Jeff

Seriously? I don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be a lot more pleasant.

Canuck-IL
January 13, 2006, 04:18 PM
Correct - the check is often done before the gun is even in the state...that way, I get it the day it arrives.
/B

If you enjoyed reading about "Instant Check question, Illinois" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!