NSN

PDA

rero360
January 12, 2006, 05:46 PM
Hi all, I've been tasked with finding NSN numbers for some replacement parts for our SAWs, if you go to grippods website http://www.grippod.com/ you can see on the SAW a really interesting front grip, more roundish, anyways if anyone knows where I can go to find the NSN number for that part or the name of the company that makes them that would be great, my supply SGT. said he would put in the order if I give him the info.

If you enjoyed reading about "NSN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PvtPyle
January 13, 2006, 01:58 AM
Tell your supply SGT to get off his ass and get the manual out and look them up. Or give it to you so you can look them up. He can also call the third shop and they can order the part you want straight away, and use class 9 money to do so on that part. And you should have a unit armorer around somewhere that will have the 20 and 30 level manuals, or one somewhere on base or in the state. I would ask him where he sends them when they break.

But if you get stuck doing his job, start here. These are good places to find pubs.

http://www.army.mil/usapa/index.html

If you can't find it, I can email you the complete manual for the 30 series. Do you know which part exactly it is he wants, like have a pic of it?

rero360
January 13, 2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the info, did a little looking last night but didn't find anything, I actually aproached my supply sgt about the parts, hence him giving me the assignment, he said we have a ton of class 9 money so its almost a shoe in to get the order approved.

UZIGALIL
January 13, 2006, 05:28 PM
I have heard that the Gripod is not officially in our inventory,and many people who have demo them dont care for it. I know what the manf claims,but one picture of it on a scar rifle might be misleading.

rero360
January 13, 2006, 05:39 PM
regardless of wheather or not we get the grippods, I do want to get the different front grips for my unit's SAWs, if you go to grippods home page you can see the grip I'm talking about. where as the origional is square and boxy, the one that they show on their website is rounder and looks to be more ergonomic,

the grippod doesn't have a NSN yet, they're working on it, however they can be accuired through GSA

If you enjoyed reading about "NSN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!