from today's Cato Daily Dispatch

PDA

alan
January 13, 2006, 05:34 PM
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5378

How likely do you think the predictions found in the above linked article might turn out to be?

If you agree with me, I believe that there is more than a small liklehood, do you think that seeking peaceful redress of grevances, as with expressing opposition to your elected things will suffice?

If you enjoyed reading about "from today's Cato Daily Dispatch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Biker
January 13, 2006, 05:43 PM
Too late, I believe. I wonder if you could go back 30 years and tell people tell about the Patriot Act...never mind.:(
Biker

ArmedBear
January 13, 2006, 05:45 PM
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5378

How likely do you think the predictions found in the above linked article might turn out to be?

Every one of them has ALREADY HAPPENED. That's the point.

When will we start seeing the supposed process for peaceful redress of grievances for the farce that it is?

In 2005, from New London, CT to Oakland, CA, people were shown that their property and their own bodies belong not to them, but to the government, by the Supreme Court.

Bartholomew Roberts
January 13, 2006, 08:22 PM
The system does work and can be used to change government; but people have to actually participate in it. Just voting once every four years will not guarantee your rights. You need to participate in local politics at both the community and party level.

However tough you think it will be to change things from within the system, I can assure you it is a lot easier than "petitioning for redress of grievances". Likewise, if you have anywhere near the numbers and organization you need to successfully make such a petition, you would already be a political force of such significance that none would dare cross you.

If you enjoyed reading about "from today's Cato Daily Dispatch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!