Gun Control Working Great in NYC!

PDA

Hockeydude
January 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
http://wcbstv.com/newyorkwire/NY--BronxBreak-in-nn/resources_news_html

NEW YORK (AP) Two armed robbers broke into a Bronx apartment, tied a man up, abducted a woman and stole hundreds of dollars worth of cash and electronics equipment, police said.

The break-in occurred at around 12:30 a.m. Saturday in an apartment on Stratford Avenue in the Soundview section when two men knocked on the door of 32-year-old Danny Castro.

When Castro opened the door, one of the men asked, ``Where's Jose?'' The men, one armed with a handgun, then pushed their way in and demanded money, police said. They then bound Castro and the woman in duct tape.

``They had me hog-tied,'' Castro told the New York Post in Sunday's editions. ``I feel violated.''

The men fled with the woman, who was not identified, as well as cash and electronics equipment, police said.

The woman told police that the men groped and fondled her before releasing her at around 4 a.m. Castro managed to wriggle free and call police at around 2:20 a.m.

There were no arrests as of Sunday, said police spokesman Detective Bernard Gifford.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank God no one had a gun... no wait... the bad guy did :rolleyes:
Anyone here willing to adopt a Libertarian from NY? ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Control Working Great in NYC!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bigun15
January 13, 2006, 08:10 PM
``They had me hog-tied,'' Castro told the New York Post in Sunday's editions. ``I feel violated.''

Haha, that was a good one. I laughed.

MrTuffPaws
January 13, 2006, 08:29 PM
Haha, that was a good one. I laughed.

Me too :evil:

benewton
January 13, 2006, 08:54 PM

And he's lived in NYC for how long and not felt the same way????

palerider1
January 13, 2006, 09:04 PM
they should allow ccw's in new york city who pass a complete background check. that might end some of the crime there. right now every criminal knows he can get an illegal handgun to commit crimes and the law abiding citizen cant defend himself.

just my two cents :)

Standing Wolf
January 13, 2006, 11:03 PM
Criminals don't register their guns in New York? Why, how very shocking!

CAnnoneer
January 14, 2006, 01:58 AM
I have the suspicion that no amount of counter-evidence would ever convince antis on the issues, because they can always dismiss any particular case as an unfortunate but necessary sacrifice to prevent the greater evil - HANDGUNS! Even if evidence shows there is no prevention...

This reminds me of one of my colleagues, who is from New York, supports the ban, and hates handguns. But, believe it or not, he loves his SKS!

Thain
January 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
But think of the children! :barf:

George S.
January 14, 2006, 12:31 PM
They had handguns?? Did they come from Washington DC or from San Francisco to go on their crime spree??

The woman told police that the men groped and fondled her before releasing her at around 4 a.m. Castro managed to wriggle free and call police at around 2:20 a.m.
:confused: So did Castro hang around and watch??

Flyboy
January 14, 2006, 12:53 PM
One sentence earlier:The men fled with the woman, who was not identified, as well as cash and electronics equipment, police said.
They took her with them and groped her, while leaving Castro behind in the apartment.

wolf
January 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
The break-in occurred at around 12:30 a.m. Saturday in an apartment on Stratford Avenue in the Soundview section when two men knocked on the door of 32-year-old Danny Castro.

When Castro opened the door, one of the men asked, ``Where's Jose?'' The men, one armed with a handgun, then pushed their way in and demanded money, police said. They then bound Castro and the woman in duct tape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
as I remember...to open a door in NYC..you KNEW who was on the other side..REALLY KNEW....then...you unlocked several deadbolts..and if you were really security minded...a "police lock"...which is a steel rod that is fitted into the door at an angle and braced into the floor approx 18" in front of the door...____|\__ ... its not being paranoid ... in NYC..it's being smart...

wolf

Mr.V.
January 14, 2006, 11:18 PM
The moral of the story?
If 2 guys come around looking for Jose...ummm, don't open the door.

luzyfuerza
January 15, 2006, 03:51 AM
This reminds me of one of my colleagues, who is from New York, supports the ban, and hates handguns. But, believe it or not, he loves his SKS!

He can't stand the thought of anyone else having the tools to defend themselves, but still thinks that it ought to be OK for him to pull the trigger whenever he wants...a classic liberal. We have too many like him in this country.

Maybe you ought to take him the the range to shoot your (fill in the blank: 1911, SIG, M1A, Sako, etc.). If his SKS is anything like mine (horrible trigger, nasty sights, too cheap to be worth putting any money into), shooting a quality firearm might be an attitude-changing event!

Highland Ranger
January 15, 2006, 10:43 PM
It's all those guns from Florida, Virginia and Texas that get smuggled in through the Lincoln tunnel . . . . WE MUST save the children and do something! [Bloomberg voice]

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Control Working Great in NYC!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!