Californians! Oh Californians! Are you on the bandwagon yet?

PDA

Black Majik
January 14, 2006, 01:26 AM
Fellow Californians....

I've got mine.... have you gotten yours yet? :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/AR15lowers1.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/AR15lowers2.jpg

2 RRA LAR15
1 LCW

:)

Note:
Please.... no Cali jokes. I know we got hoops to jump through, but when we got a opportunity, I know many of us take it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Californians! Oh Californians! Are you on the bandwagon yet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Brass Balls
January 14, 2006, 01:28 AM
Depends on who's askin'. :D

thatguy
January 14, 2006, 01:51 AM
But unless you already own a magazine for it you can't have one legally...

No jokes from me about living in CA. My heart goes out to every gun owner stuck in a state where the 2nd Amd. no longer applies at all (unlike the rest of the states where it still applies a little bit).

Mauserguy
January 14, 2006, 02:04 AM
Cool. Keep us prisoners posted on how they turn out.
Mauserguy

Zundfolge
January 14, 2006, 02:21 AM

So magazines are registered there?

Black Majik
January 14, 2006, 02:25 AM
So magazines are registered there?

No no no... magazines dont need to be registered.

regarding:

Even if we have a magazine, we have to attach the magazine "permanently" to the lower receiver, either pinned or welded on. If the lower is stripped bare (no LPK, pistol grip or buttstock) we can have the magazine too... just as long as the magazine is either pinned/welded on the receiver or completely off the lower receiver .

Hope that make sense :)

Kevlarman
January 14, 2006, 03:49 AM
Punk! :p
I did get my Stag Arms M4 upper today though!

Beetle Bailey
January 14, 2006, 04:30 AM
I've got mine.... have you gotten yours yet?

Well, Tuesday night I suddenly remembered that I hate roll pins and that my room is entirely too messy to be losing small springs in :uhoh: .

BTW, if you don't already have one, get a small brass mallet. ;) Hint:
Home Depot doesn't carry them. :cuss:

MaceWindu
January 14, 2006, 04:41 AM
Fellow Californians....

I've got mine.... have you gotten yours yet?

All you got was (3)? :(

Mace:)

blackedoutharley
January 14, 2006, 04:43 AM
Details???

Where to buy?
How much $$$ ??
legal so long as mag is either welded in place or held with pin (rather than std mag release)?????

Do tell please!!!!

MaceWindu
January 14, 2006, 04:49 AM
(rather than std mag release)?????

Until they get banned, then registered, then = :evil: AR heaven....

Mace

Kevlarman
January 14, 2006, 04:56 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

UberPhLuBB
January 14, 2006, 05:01 AM
I'm 2 laps ahead of you!

http://home.earthlink.net/~uberphlubb/1911/223orig.jpg

What it would look like with one of my prebans (Photoshopped on of course, I never put a detachable magazine on this receiver. ;))
http://home.earthlink.net/~uberphlubb/1911/223.jpg

BamBam-31
January 14, 2006, 05:29 AM
I'm half a lap behind Uber. Don't have the quad rail handguards or VFG yet, but I've got my Stag upper/lower combo assembled in M4gery configueration already. Now waiting on the RRA 24" Varmint to get in....:D

Thank God for the SA80 mags I had in storage all these years....:evil:

Black Majik
January 14, 2006, 05:31 AM
All you got was (3)? :(

Mace:)

LOL.... I sat at the FFL for another 45 minutes pondering whether I should buy more, but I think 3 lowers should "hopefully" suffice.

I wanted 1 more, but "4" in chinese is bad luck, and I didn't have enough for the 5th one :evil:

BamBam-31
January 14, 2006, 05:34 AM
Four means death to the CA AWB. I got four. ;) :evil:

blackedoutharley
January 14, 2006, 05:27 PM
Well I see that there is a group buy on CalGuns, I tried to register so that I could pm the person offering the recievers but when I tried to complete the registration process it said: "the administrator has blocked your e-mail address".
What the F**k?!

Any other places to purchase these? if so, which model is the better choice
I have cash in hand and at $180 each would take two of them....

HELP!!! before these get banned also.

MaceWindu
January 14, 2006, 05:50 PM
Well I see that there is a group buy on CalGuns, I tried to register so that I could pm the person offering the recievers but when I tried to complete the registration process it said: "the administrator has blocked your e-mail address".
What the F**k?!

Any other places to purchase these? if so, which model is the better choice
I have cash in hand and at $180 each would take two of them....

HELP!!! before these get banned also.

$180 each ain't gonna cut it unless you get in THAT buy. They usually run $200 a pop....

Mace

blackedoutharley
January 14, 2006, 05:53 PM
$180 each ain't gonna cut it unless you get in THAT buy. They usually run $200 a pop....

Mace

Given that the group buy was in the bay area; $200.00 would be okay given the cost of fuel (2 trips) and my time. I would gladly pay $200.00 each for a pair of them.
Any suggestions?

esheato
January 15, 2006, 12:56 AM
I might be interested in a lower if they're a quality piece. An RRA would be nice.

Ed

Farnham
January 15, 2006, 01:43 AM
You'd pay $200 for a stripped Stag lower? If the window/loophole is still open, check out AIM Surplus, they've got Stag lowers for $89.95 if you buy two or more.

Nice buy, Black Majic.

S/F

Farnham

MaceWindu
January 15, 2006, 02:08 AM
You'd pay $200 for a stripped Stag lower? If the window/loophole is still open, check out AIM Surplus, they've got Stag lowers for $89.95 if you buy two or more.

Nice buy, Black Majic.

S/F

Farnham

Farnham,

Only problem is, VERY FEW, will ship to Kali. $200 is just the market rate here...pay that or NEVER have an AR.

Mace

Farnham
January 15, 2006, 02:23 AM
Only problem is, VERY FEW, will ship to Kali. $200 is just the market rate here...pay that or NEVER have an AR.

I hear ya, Mace, I just left Cali a year ago, and if I was still there, I'd probably pay it too. I'd bet AIM would ship there if you directed them to the proper documentation, they're good (aka common sense) people to deal with. Did I mention I just ordered two of their Stag lowers? ;)

S/F

Farnham

rick_reno
January 15, 2006, 02:30 AM
No no no... magazines dont need to be registered.

regarding:

Even if we have a magazine, we have to attach the magazine "permanently" to the lower receiver, either pinned or welded on. If the lower is stripped bare (no LPK, pistol grip or buttstock) we can have the magazine too... just as long as the magazine is either pinned/welded on the receiver or completely off the lower receiver .

Hope that make sense :)

Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense in an Alice in Wonderland sort of way. Does the Mad Hatter pass laws there? How can you put up with that nonsense?

MaceWindu
January 15, 2006, 02:33 AM
I have (5) of these and they are GTG!

www.superiorarms.com

Mace

50 Freak
January 15, 2006, 09:09 AM

Wow buddy, you got ripped. I bought three Stags for $100 each and my two buddys got 3 each themselves. And I thought we were paying just enough so the dealer made some money also.

Shop around some more.

MaceWindu
January 15, 2006, 01:00 PM
Wow buddy, you got ripped. I bought three Stags for $100 each and my two buddys got 3 each themselves. And I thought we were paying just enough so the dealer made some money also.

Shop around some more.

Ahhhhh...NO. I didn't get ripped. I said that is the going rate. Not what I paid. :D My Superiors were $100 a pop...:evil:

Mace

Gunsnrovers
January 15, 2006, 01:58 PM
Didn't pick up any, but got a few deals on PPT handguns from guys selling guns to pay for theirs.... :)

MaceWindu
January 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
Didn't pick up any, but got a few deals on PPT handguns from guys selling guns to pay for theirs.... :)

Smart man! I live 60 miles South of SF...waiting for the SF ban too happen and let the ammo and handgun deals start flowing!

Mace

marklbucla
January 15, 2006, 03:48 PM
The Fiancee just put the $200 down for a Sun Devil last night and will start the 10 day wait on Tuesday. :) (Yeah, I know the 10 day should have started yesterday...) :fire: but what are you going to do on such short notice?

I figure one of two things will likely happen. If it gets listed, then it's easy to switch calibers so I only really care if I have one. If it doesn't get listed, then I'm free to bring back a bunch in three years time at only $90 each. :rolleyes:

The_Antibubba
January 15, 2006, 03:51 PM
I really gave it some thought, but I just don't want one of these. I like the principle of owning one, but I can't see myself build up to a full rifle; the AR-type just doesn't interest me.

When we have the sale for the AK-style receivers, though....:D

Number 6
January 15, 2006, 04:31 PM
When we have the sale for the AK-style receivers, though....

People are buying AK receivers as well.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=26747

El Rojo
January 15, 2006, 05:17 PM
For those of you looking for a supplier and/or FFL, Call Hector from Cold War Shooters in Redlands at 915 479-8558 (this is his TX cell number, he has three shops, TX, AZ, Redlands). He has them in stock and has transfer dealers all over the state. Tell him Ten Percent Firearms sent you. Good luck.

The thing I don't think people realize is there are only so many lowers in the United States. Right now, every off list brand lower receiver is getting brought into the state. The odds of AIM still having them in stock is about zero. California has literaly bought out the entire lower market, unless it is on the list. So if you can find them for $100, congratulations! I thought I was selling them cheap for $120 to $135. I just talked to a guy who paid like $250 for a Stag.

At this point, you either have one or you don't. Good luck.

Moonclip
January 15, 2006, 07:48 PM
LOL.... I sat at the FFL for another 45 minutes pondering whether I should buy more, but I think 3 lowers should "hopefully" suffice.

I wanted 1 more, but "4" in chinese is bad luck, and I didn't have enough for the 5th one :evil:
Oh come on, you don't believe in that lucky and unlucky number stuff for real do you:)

And I can't believe that this thread has went 2 pages w/o really any silly CA bashing. I have not done the AR receiver thing myself, I'll try to just make do with Mini 14's and Kel Tecs and such I suppose until I can get to another state one day maybe. I'm more of a handgun and AK person anyways.

Black Majik
January 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
And I can't believe that this thread has went 2 pages w/o really any silly CA bashing.

I guess my note on the bottom of my original post worked. :D

Gunsnrovers
January 15, 2006, 10:51 PM
Great. Now you just jinked us! :what:

Just got back from the range shooting the two P225's I picked up from folks selling other stuff off. :D

BamBam-31
January 16, 2006, 03:55 AM
Just got back from the range shooting our new Kali-legal AR's. I shot my Stag M4gery, Beetle shot his RRA NM A2. We both looked like this :D all day. It was a beautiful thing.

Regarding the cost of lowers: You're really talking approx. +/- $50-$100 for a good price and a bad price. Right now, you should take what you can get, cuz the gettin' now is all the gettin' there's gonna be. Five years from now, when all centerfire mag-fed rifles are banned, are you really going to say, "Man, I got ripped an extra bill for this stupid AR!" Somehow, I don't think so....

El Tejon
January 16, 2006, 09:49 AM
You mean to tell me that educated, creative people will just find ways around gun control laws?:uhoh:

But, but what about the children?:D

MAURICE
January 16, 2006, 09:56 AM
I do not live in **********, but you guys have no idea how giddy I am that you are able to get these. I sat and literally laughed reading this thread.
It may be short lived, but congrats anyway!

FNFiveSeven
January 16, 2006, 02:54 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=170448

If you enjoyed reading about "Californians! Oh Californians! Are you on the bandwagon yet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!