Holster Search

PDA

jondar
January 14, 2006, 12:51 PM
Anyone have a suggestion on where to look for a holster for my Ruger Bisley? There doesn't seem to be many advertised. Would like to keep the price down so would consider even synthetic. thanks for any advice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster Search" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snagglepuss
January 14, 2006, 02:31 PM
www.reddiamondonline.com

The have many holsters by many defferent manufacturers. Good luck.

azrael
January 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
44mag or 45colt?? what length barrel?? and how much ya wanna spend and what type holster ya looking for??

lots of options out there:neener:

jondar
January 15, 2006, 03:17 PM
.44 Mag, 5.5", little as possible, Right hand, Lawrence 120 pattern. Thanks,

azrael
January 15, 2006, 11:20 PM
little as possible?? bummer:D

Get the to cheaperthandirt.com and look at there Texas holster's...err at least I think that is the name...They run around 45$ and that isnt bad for gunleather

The belt rig that I was gonna suggest is made by Mernickle and is one of the better rigs going for a SA 44...

I dont have pattern in that barrel length or I would hook ya up:D

jondar
January 16, 2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll check Cheaper than Dirt. Have had good luck with their products. There is also a copy of the 120 on Ebay made by "Simply Rugged" which looks good for $45.

usp_fan
January 16, 2006, 10:56 PM
The simply rugged holsters are hand made and a very good value for the money. If you don't mind your holster not being lined, I'd go that route. You can look at their catalog online at http://www.simplyrugged.com

--usp_fan

EghtySx
January 16, 2006, 10:59 PM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp

CTD just changed the format of their website. More detailed and easier to search now.

jondar
January 19, 2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the links. The problem I've been having is buying a holster in my price range that is represented as definitely made for the Bisley. This is a very large revolver and it won't begin to fit into a holster for an SAA, I'm not sure if the Blackhawk holster may interchange. What I don't need is to have a holster made and then find that I have another SAA holster.

41 Redhawk
January 19, 2006, 03:38 PM
The blackhawk holsters should work as the changes to make a Bisley are the hammer, gripframe (and grips) and maybe the trigger.

jondar
January 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ok. I'm going in to my favorite gun store this weekend. Maybe they will let me try my Bisley in a Blackhawk holster. that would solve the problem.

I think he did, and if anyone didn't deserver it, it was me.

Ala Dan
January 23, 2006, 12:45 AM
Aw~! Search No More~!:uhoh:

Look to Kirkpatrick Leather of Laredo, Texas:D

Affordable prices, and damn nice folk's too do business with~!:cool:

jondar
January 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
Ala Dan-
Yeah! Kirkpatrick! I hadn't thought of them. I've seen their ads in American Rifleman over the years. Seems they make good products. I'll get their website tonite. thanks.

gt3944
January 23, 2006, 11:50 AM
www.andrewsleather.com

nice custom made holsters

jondar
January 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
I finally found a holster for my Bisley. I looked at all the links above and found some really beautiful holsters, almost all were more than I wanted to spend, $90 - $225. Found a couple for $50-$70 but had a waiting period of 30-40 days and longer. Lots on Ebay, some good, but most sellers had no idea of what they fit. Some told me any holster for an SAA would fit the Bisley Vaquero. Not true. Photo shows why. Finally bought one at Cheaper than Dirt. Not a beauty but I'm not going to a beauty contest, it will be with me when I chop and burn brush and hedge and trim a few trees. Holds the gun snug. Final price $8.00 + $5.65 shipping. Thanks to all who gave me advice.

jondar
January 29, 2006, 09:19 PM
Looks like the photos didn't work. Will work on it.

jondar
February 4, 2006, 10:45 PM
Pictures - Note difference in size between frame of Bisley Vaquero and SAA.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster Search" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!