Illinois: GOP Debates for Governer are on!

PDA

Johnnybgood
January 14, 2006, 03:19 PM
Brady, Oberweis,Gidiwitz and Topinka have agreed to debates. The first one will be at North Central College on Jan 25th. This was buried on the 4th page of yesterdays Herald & Review (Decatur, Il.) Brady would like to see a minimum of 14 debates spread out over all of Illinois. He is hoping for around 25 though. Oh yeah. They invited Blegoiavich too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Illinois: GOP Debates for Governer are on!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HankB
January 14, 2006, 04:27 PM
It's been a while since I've lived in Illinois . . . is the GOP running anyone except a RINO?

PCGS65
January 14, 2006, 04:31 PM
Something I don't care about:cuss:

Johnnybgood
January 14, 2006, 04:39 PM
Check out www.bradyforgovernor2006.com

Don Gwinn
January 14, 2006, 11:02 PM
Brady sounds good. Oberweis is saying some of the right stuff about guns, but I don't know how solid he is.

I can't believe Gidwitz is still in the race. That poor guy must be getting some kind of tax shelter!

lee n. field
January 14, 2006, 11:14 PM
Check out www.bradyforgovernor2006.com

I'm finding precious little on his site about what he stands for. His claim to be a a "mainstream conservative" isn't very reassuring. There's a lot of room to waffle in that.

Johnnybgood
January 15, 2006, 12:53 AM
The debates.

Edmond
January 15, 2006, 03:31 AM
At the gun store, they had a flier about Oberweis promising to protect our 2nd Amendmend rights. Let's just hope that it's not just a political ploy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Daley is running the state and as long as he's king, our 2nd Amendment rights will not expand to where the free states are.

ajax
January 15, 2006, 03:40 AM
Edmond nailed that right on the head.

beerslurpy
January 15, 2006, 04:49 AM
Daley isnt even officially in charge of anything, so how does one diminish his influence?

Edmond
January 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
Daley isnt even officially in charge of anything, so how does one diminish his influence?

I guess all the citizens of Chicago can hope for is that he gets caught by the Feds. They're not going to vote him out, at least that's not what the election results will say. He won't have anyone running against him. The aldermen (who carry guns, BTW) rubber stamp his agendas.

Either that or he takes Feinstein, Kerry, and the other idiots and runs off somewhere where they can't bother anyone again.:neener:

PCGS65
January 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
At the gun store, they had a flier about Oberweis promising to protect our 2nd Amendmend rights. Let's just hope that it's not just a political ploy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Daley is running the state and as long as he's king, our 2nd Amendment rights will not expand to where the free states are.
Originally Posted by Edmond, I guess all the citizens of Chicago can hope for is that he gets caught by the Feds. They're not going to vote him out, at least that's not what the election results will say. He won't have anyone running against him. The aldermen (who carry guns, BTW) rubber stamp his agendas.

Either that or he takes Feinstein, Kerry, and the other idiots and runs off somewhere where they can't bother anyone again.
+1,+1 You got that right on both counts!!:eek:

Edmond
January 15, 2006, 04:09 PM
+1,+1 You got that right on both counts!!:eek:

I think that's the first time that anyone has said that to me. :D

Personally, I don't think the feds will ever catch him. He has too many people to take the fall for him before they can get to him. Look at how long it took to get to Ryan. It seems like corruption in Illinois politics is the norm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Illinois: GOP Debates for Governer are on!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!