A few too many zeros in the price?

PDA

racenutz
January 15, 2006, 01:29 AM
Does the price of this Uberti seem a little high?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42632222

If you enjoyed reading about "A few too many zeros in the price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
January 15, 2006, 01:40 AM
Either that, or the seller has been looking upon the ale when 'twas a very nut-brown color indeed... :scrutiny:

WarMachine
January 15, 2006, 01:41 AM
Considering I could pick up on of these Murcielagos for the exact same price, the seller has got to be on a controlled substance.

http://www.psxextreme.com/wallpapers/psp/Lamborghini-Murcielago.jpg

losangeles
January 15, 2006, 02:08 AM
I'll take the Lambo.

Stickjockey
January 15, 2006, 03:20 PM
...the seller has got to be on a controlled substance.

That or it's a case of the SO saying, "Get rid of that thing. It's just takin' up space!"

"Gee hon, I tried. I put it up for auction, but it just didn't sell. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep it.:evil: "

WarMachine
January 15, 2006, 11:28 PM
That or it's a case of the SO saying, "Get rid of that thing. It's just takin' up space!"

"Gee hon, I tried. I put it up for auction, but it just didn't sell. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep it.:evil: "

I will have to write this technique down for future reference whenever I get hitched :evil:

waterhouse
January 15, 2006, 11:35 PM
i couldn't open the ad, so I couldn't see the price, but . . .

I'm not sure how gunbroker allows you to input price, but gunsamerica lists it as:
_ _ _ _ _ _

A lot of people input 550 or 465 and the ad comes out as $550,000 or $465,000

palerider1
January 16, 2006, 03:33 AM
that seller is insane :banghead:

MatthewVanitas
January 16, 2006, 03:40 AM
waterhouse has got to be right, the guy means $250.

Unless this was the actual gun used to shoot Jesse James, in which case a certain collector is SOL, and whoever buys this is getting a screaming deal...

And actually, $250 isn't a bad price for such an unusual piece, provided Uberti had their mojo going during whatever year of production that would be.

-MV

jtward01
January 16, 2006, 07:21 AM
I emailed the guy. It's supposed to be $1,000 for the opening bid and $2,500 for the Buy It Now price.

kjeff50cal
January 16, 2006, 01:12 PM
I emailed the guy. It's supposed to be $1,000 for the opening bid and $2,500 for the Buy It Now price.

IMHO, that is still one zero too high!!

kjeff50cal

BTW I had the rifle (carbine) version of that baby rolling block an enterprising gunsmith rechambered it to .357 Max. In the thick brush I hunt deer in it was like Thor's Hammer. Never had one take more than four steps (I was using factory Rem. 158 grn JSPs). I also used it for bushytail harvesting with .38 target wad cutters. Out of the 20" barrel the wad cutters are very quiet, lower noise levels than a .22 LR. Traded it in a deal for a used car (80, Camaro, yes I was young AND green) that had an engine with one cylinder in the wreakingyard and gave out a month later:cuss: :banghead: .

beaucoup ammo
January 16, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'f I had to e-bay a kidney for anything, it wouldn't be that!

Thanks to jtward05 for checking..Lord knows I LOVE firearms, but that's a bit much!

Take Care

If you enjoyed reading about "A few too many zeros in the price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!