Can't help myself.....

PDA

Archie
April 9, 2003, 02:32 PM
Iraqi Travel Ban Will Not Affect U.S. War-Pentagon
Sun April 6, 2003 03:42 AM ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A travel ban imposed on Baghdad by Iraqi authorities would have no impact on the activities of U.S.-led military forces attacking the city, a Pentagon spokesman said on Sunday.
"We will go wherever and whenever we want," the spokesman told Reuters.
"It will have no impact on coalition military operations," the spokesman added, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
Iraqi television said authorities would impose a travel ban on Baghdad from 6 p.m. (10 a.m. EDT) to 6 a.m. (10 p.m. EDT) beginning on Sunday night as U.S. forces closed in on the Iraqi capital.
I think it was a Monty Python routine with John Cleese as the Iraqi cop, mounted on a Vespa, and Eric Idle as the tank commander.

Cop: Hold it right there! May I see your license and registration?
TC: My what? What are you talking about?
Cop: License and registration, proof of insurance. Come on, you know how to do this.
TC: This is a Tank!
Cop: (Looking the vehicle over.) So it is. No matter, law applies to everyone.
TC: (Beginning to have some doubt.) But I wasn’t speeding. I was only doing 40 kilos…
Cop: I suppose you don't know there is a curfew? What are you doing out this time of night, anyway? You should be in your tent sleeping. You need your rest you know.
TC: My commanding officer told me to come here.
Cop: ‘I was following orders.’? eh. That’s an old excuse.
TC: But I'm invading this city!
Cop: You'll have to wait until 6 Ack Emma to do that, young man. The law is very clear.
Scene fades.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't help myself....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
April 9, 2003, 03:11 PM
OT. Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't help myself....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!