Blackpowder guns and the NPS

PDA

M.E.Eldridge
January 15, 2006, 07:08 PM
Since the NPS banned firearms on park land and I don't want to be caught out in the deep woods without out a gun and I prefer to obey the law, I got to thinking.Would I be able to carry a black powder rifle or cab-and-ball revolver. The BATFE doesn't classify these as guns,correct?So could I carry one in NPS parks?

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackpowder guns and the NPS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wdlsguy
January 15, 2006, 07:29 PM
36 CFR 1.4
Firearm means a loaded or unloaded pistol, rifle, shotgun or other weapon which is designed to, or may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the ignition of a propellant.

BenW
January 15, 2006, 07:45 PM
Knowing NPS, not only would you get popped for having a firearm, but also for carrying explosives and violating fire ordinances.

TexasRifleman
January 15, 2006, 07:48 PM
The exclusion of BP from the definition of "firearm" is only for the sale and interstate transfer of the things. They are still firearms once loaded.

M.E.Eldridge
January 15, 2006, 08:44 PM
Damn!Thought I found a loophole. Well,looks like I'll being stayin of NPS land till they come to their senses.

stevelyn
January 16, 2006, 03:57 AM
I prefer not to tread in places under the jurisdiction of the Nazi Park Circus. When passing through Denali I don't even slow down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackpowder guns and the NPS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!