How can I tell when my Mak was made?

PDA

albanian
January 16, 2006, 03:01 AM
I have Bulg Mak and was wondering how I can tell what year it was made.

If you enjoyed reading about "How can I tell when my Mak was made?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grimjaw
January 16, 2006, 03:19 AM
albanian, makarov.com has a chart (http://www.makarov.com/makfaq.html) on their FAQ page that lists Circle 10 Bulgarian Makarov dates of manufacture.

jmm

albanian
January 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks grimjaw,
I just checked it and it is a 1989 model. This is my second Mak and my first one was a 1989 Bulg as well. I really hated my first one so I hope this shoots better. It is already much smoother with all the moving parts than my first one. My first one had a really bad trigger and shot about 6" high at 10 yards! That would be about 2 1/2 feet high at 50 yards! It was a joke!

I have higher hopes for this one. Now I just need to find some cheap ammo and I'm off! Any suggestions on ammo online? Just looking for inexpensive stuff.

grimjaw
January 16, 2006, 09:55 PM
albanian, look for it to still shoot high. It's the way their sighted. They need a six o'clock hold at 25 meters. I ended up trading for a #2 sight for one Makarov and filing the rear sight down on the one Makarov I'm keeping.

Best of luck.

jmm

If you enjoyed reading about "How can I tell when my Mak was made?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!