Gun Related Job in San Antonio!!

PDA

AmYisraelChai
January 17, 2006, 02:30 AM
The Bullet Hole is hiring. We are looking for 2 people to work in the office on weekends and one person to be a Range Officer on weekends.

Here is a little about the Bullet Hole and what is expected.

--------------------------------------------

This could be the opportunity you have been looking for but please read through the qualifications and understand these are not suggestions before you make that call.

Bullet Hole Shooting Range in San Antonio Texas(around 1604 and Highway 90) is looking for a few great folks. Bullet Hole understands that many of the gun shops and gun ranges of America have a reputation among people for lack of customer service and a friendly attitude. Someone considering employment at the Bullet Hole must know and practice every day, every time our unyielding philosophy and commitment to the customer, who is our most valuable asset. We are honored that our customers have chosen to do business with us and as an employee of the Bullet Hole you must be able to incorporate this truth in how you conduct yourself.

The Bullet Hole has recently undergone a radical transformation and continues to do so. It is truly a dynamic range with features to suit and handle almost all the needs of the shooting enthusiast. With The only 300 yard rifle range in San Antonio, Pistol Range, Special Events Range, Carbine Range, Hogans Alley Range, Bianchi Plate Range, CHL range and dedicated IDPA/IPSC ranges (Yes these are all seperate bays). As well as a Shoot House under construction for indoors and MOUT style training. All Bays are or will soon have cover for the shooters or spectators. (The dinky office building is now dinky squared as it has been expanded)

The Bullet Hole is also a full line gun dealer to include Class III weapons. Both sales and rentals.

As an Employee of the Bullet Hole you will be working with a wonderful group of people in a friendly environment.

A relaxed but professional appearance.

You must be 21.

Have a clean criminal record.

Be able to lift heavy loads and work outdoors. (for the office, Ammo boxes and for the range outdoors all day)

Have a good knowledge of Firearms. (dont apply if you dont have a good working understanding of most firearms types)

Be people friendly and be able to always respect the customer. Retail experiance is a plus

Have enough sense to know this is an environment that requires constant attention to safety and have the ability to treat a customer with respect when a correction needs to be made.

Have the ability to deal with our valued customers in an honest and fair manner. Leave your ego at home and bring your knowledge....if you know the difference between those two, you might be the right person for the job.

Now for what you will do....

For the Office....

The manning of the office, To include: Answering the Phone, Stocking product, Checking in customers, Firearms sales and any other needs a customer may have.

For the Range Master....

Keeping a safe firing line at ALL times.

To help customers with problems they might be having.

To keep the range clean, this includes the sweeping of brass and removing any other hazzards.

You will, on occasion be the person who surpervises/instructs the rental customers, this includes a great selection of Class III weapons.

To deal with those customers who are creating a safety hazard or are violating the rules. Even these customers will be treated with respect but sometimes an authorative position must be assumed.

----------------------------------

All in all, it is a blast, You get your run of a great gun range. You get to drive the Kawi Mule all over the place. You get to shoot Machine Guns and you get to spend your days with some great people just like you who have a passion for shooting.

Of course the question "HOW MUCH" well....not much, but it isnt minimum and with your proven track record as a member of the Bullet Hole team, it will be recognized (Read, you stick around and do a good job, we will pay you more).

If this interests you and you are a good match, Call Michele at the Bullet Hole Wednesday through Sunday from @ Noon to 8ish. 210-679-6781

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Related Job in San Antonio!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lindenberger
January 17, 2006, 02:43 AM
The Bullet Hole is hiring. We are looking for 2 people to work in the office on weekends and one person to be a Range Officer on weekends.

Here is a little about the Bullet Hole and what is expected.

--------------------------------------------

This could be the opportunity you have been looking for but please read through the qualifications and understand these are not suggestions before you make that call.

Bullet Hole Shooting Range in San Antonio Texas(around 1604 and Highway 90) is looking for a few great folks. Bullet Hole understands that many of the gun shops and gun ranges of America have a reputation among people for lack of customer service and a friendly attitude. Someone considering employment at the Bullet Hole must know and practice every day, every time our unyielding philosophy and commitment to the customer, who is our most valuable asset. We are honored that our customers have chosen to do business with us and as an employee of the Bullet Hole you must be able to incorporate this truth in how you conduct yourself.

The Bullet Hole has recently undergone a radical transformation and continues to do so. It is truly a dynamic range with features to suit and handle almost all the needs of the shooting enthusiast. With The only 300 yard rifle range in San Antonio, Pistol Range, Special Events Range, Carbine Range, Hogans Alley Range, Bianchi Plate Range, CHL range and dedicated IDPA/IPSC ranges (Yes these are all seperate bays). As well as a Shoot House under construction for indoors and MOUT style training. All Bays are or will soon have cover for the shooters or spectators. (The dinky office building is now dinky squared as it has been expanded)

The Bullet Hole is also a full line gun dealer to include Class III weapons. Both sales and rentals.

As an Employee of the Bullet Hole you will be working with a wonderful group of people in a friendly environment.

A relaxed but professional appearance.

You must be 21.

Have a clean criminal record.

Be able to lift heavy loads and work outdoors. (for the office, Ammo boxes and for the range outdoors all day)

Have a good knowledge of Firearms. (dont apply if you dont have a good working understanding of most firearms types)

Be people friendly and be able to always respect the customer. Retail experiance is a plus

Have enough sense to know this is an environment that requires constant attention to safety and have the ability to treat a customer with respect when a correction needs to be made.

Have the ability to deal with our valued customers in an honest and fair manner. Leave your ego at home and bring your knowledge....if you know the difference between those two, you might be the right person for the job.

Now for what you will do....

For the Office....

The manning of the office, To include: Answering the Phone, Stocking product, Checking in customers, Firearms sales and any other needs a customer may have.

For the Range Master....

Keeping a safe firing line at ALL times.

To help customers with problems they might be having.

To keep the range clean, this includes the sweeping of brass and removing any other hazzards.

You will, on occasion be the person who surpervises/instructs the rental customers, this includes a great selection of Class III weapons.

To deal with those customers who are creating a safety hazard or are violating the rules. Even these customers will be treated with respect but sometimes an authorative position must be assumed.

----------------------------------

All in all, it is a blast, You get your run of a great gun range. You get to drive the Kawi Mule all over the place. You get to shoot Machine Guns and you get to spend your days with some great people just like you who have a passion for shooting.

Of course the question "HOW MUCH" well....not much, but it isnt minimum and with your proven track record as a member of the Bullet Hole team, it will be recognized (Read, you stick around and do a good job, we will pay you more).

If this interests you and you are a good match, Call Michele at the Bullet Hole Wednesday through Sunday from @ Noon to 8ish. 210-679-6781

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!

AmYisraelChai
January 17, 2006, 02:54 AM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!

And what is that supposed to mean? You have been here all of a few weeks and probably never been to the Bullet Hole.

AmYisraelChai
January 17, 2006, 02:57 AM
Gee Whiz! As much as I could make at Wal Mart!

Listen, if the Job is not for you, that is fine. Others may very well be interested.

Lindenberger
January 17, 2006, 03:11 AM
And what is that supposed to mean? You have been here all of a few weeks and probably never been to the Bullet Hole.
Wrong, slick. I've been here 55 years. Your requirements suggest you're trying to hire Lee Lapin. Your offerings suggest that you're lookin' for Barney Fife.

AmYisraelChai
January 17, 2006, 03:19 AM
Wrong, slick. I've been here 55 years. Your requirements suggest you're trying to hire Lee Lapin. Your offerings suggest that you're lookin' for Barney Fife.

I am happy you have it all figured out. First of all, most of our employees are retired people who love this job. Second, these three positions are not to replace anyone but are needed because business is getting overwhelming.

Again, If your level of life satisfaction is such that this Job does not appeal to you, perhaps you should not worry about it.

Lindenberger
January 17, 2006, 03:32 AM
First of all, most of our employees are retired people who love this job.

If you're looking for retired people you should've said so or at least somehow indicated that. Good grief.

AmYisraelChai
January 17, 2006, 03:49 AM
If you're looking for retired people you should've said so or at least somehow indicated that. Good grief.

Because it doesnt need to be said and it is not a requirment. Active Duty Military, Retired people, College students, ect... Simply put, people who need a part time job or want one. All of these types of people work at the Bullet Hole. Some for over a decade and some for a short while.

If you would approach the matter in a another way, I invite you to purchase or start a range that becomes the most frequented range in one of the largest metro areas in the nation. If you think this is a bad opportunity, I invite you to offer better opportunities to people who would consider or need this job.

Fred Fuller
January 17, 2006, 10:35 AM
Hey, I'd LOVE to do it. But my wife won't move to San Antonio, and anyway she says I can't have another job.

lpl/nc

Daniel T
January 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
Wrong, slick. I've been here 55 years.

If you've been here 55 years, why haven't you learned some common couresty in that time period? No one asked you your opinion of what The Bullet Hole pays, and, guess what slick? No ones cares much what you think about it either.

Maybe in your 55 years you haven't learned this, but places like gun shops and firing ranges run on a very thin margin of profit. They cannot afford to pay big bucks to all their employees. Instead, places like The Bullet Hole offer substantial benefits in the form of shooting freaking machine guns, for example. Sounds like a great part-time, weekend job to me.

Daniel

kirkcdl
January 17, 2006, 05:45 PM
If you guys ever want to open a branch near me in Oregon,I'll manage it for range time with the NFA stuff...:D

Hairback
January 17, 2006, 07:51 PM
Ami:
I would love to work there, but unfortunately I am in Indiana and moving to Montana in the spring. It would be good to work with what I love and with a "lanceman". We do have to stick together.
Mazel Tov

Nick_90
January 18, 2006, 03:40 PM
Lindenberger: I find your comments rather mean. It is nice of that shooting range to think of offering jobs to fellow THR users. If I were a student or retired LEO living around San Antonio, I would be pleased to get the money, the experience and the fun...

sigman69
January 18, 2006, 04:36 PM
to bad the job isnt in kansas city!!!!

Delta Dave
January 18, 2006, 04:54 PM
For what it's worth... I live in San Antonio and have shot at all of the public ranges is town, there at least a dozen. The Bullet Hole is one of two that I frequent. Michelle runs a good operation. It's a friendly place. The range has a varied catalog of shooting events available for shooters to enjoy from low intensity fun shoots to serious IDPA and USPSA matches.

As a side note, the job requirements as posted, pretty much describe the folks that work at the range now. Can't see any reason not to want to hire more of the same.

Michelle, don't hire any mutts and keep up the good work.

pistolero
January 18, 2006, 05:29 PM
If the job doesn't include rasslin with Cujo, then just forget it.

AmYisraelChai
January 18, 2006, 08:01 PM
For what it's worth... I live in San Antonio and have shot at all of the public ranges is town, there at least a dozen. The Bullet Hole is one of two that I frequent. Michelle runs a good operation. It's a friendly place. The range has a varied catalog of shooting events available for shooters to enjoy from low intensity fun shoots to serious IDPA and USPSA matches.

As a side note, the job requirements as posted, pretty much describe the folks that work at the range now. Can't see any reason not to want to hire more of the same.

Michelle, don't hire any mutts and keep up the good work.

Thankyou!

AmYisraelChai
January 18, 2006, 08:02 PM
If the job doesn't include rasslin with Cujo, then just forget it.

BTW, Cujo is the 140ish pound Rott that is the "range mascot" If pistolero wants to rassle with Cujo, I will be chargin 5 bucks a head for a death match. :D

Sleeping Dog
January 18, 2006, 08:42 PM
From the description of the location, it seems you could walk west for about a mile and put the job on the bulletin board at Air Force Village II. There should be some retired folks there who know their way around a range, and guns, and who are experienced at giving and taking orders.

Regards.

jeremywills
January 18, 2006, 08:49 PM
First of all, I love shooting over at the Bullet hole. Sadly I live in Live Oak and its clear across town :( If I lived any closer I would consider it, but at the cost of 2 dollars and whatever the hell else they want to charge for it right now, it would not be worth driving over there daily or even just for the weekends. I frequent one of the much closer ranges, but they dont stay open past dark and its nice to go to the Bullet Hole everynow and then to do some nighttime firing.

Heres a free bump for the nice guys over at the Bullet Hole, for those in the SA area or even Austin and happen to be down here visiting, its a top notch place to shoot. Sadly its just a tad bit too far down the road from I.

BTW, Michelle's a hottie, ok nuff said, I better stop this posting right now :)

Good luck finding some help, past few times I was out there it was uber busy, you guys definately could use a few extra hands.

J

AmYisraelChai
January 19, 2006, 02:26 AM
From the description of the location, it seems you could walk west for about a mile and put the job on the bulletin board at Air Force Village II. There should be some retired folks there who know their way around a range, and guns, and who are experienced at giving and taking orders.

Regards.

You are right and that is a great idea. I may very well do that.

Gillster
January 19, 2006, 05:29 AM
Working at the Bullet Hole isn't about the salary anyway. I worked there for a bit and didn't even think about the pay. The rewards are in getting to hang out at a range, meeting great people, helping new shooters learn the hobby, having Mack diagnose your shooting problems,getting paid to indulge your hobby, getting to shoot a wide variety of firearms, did I mention hanging out at a range?? I loved working there, I just don't have that many weekends available, plus I like to shoot on weekends:) If anybody is looking for a job that doesn't even feel like a job, this is it. Highly recommend it!!

P.S. AmYisraelChai
Haven't been out there in a while, tell Mack howdy for me and I think we still have a plate rack challenge hanging between us dont we??

jtward01
January 19, 2006, 06:52 AM
A range safety officer has a great deal of responsibility on his shoulders. He should be paid appropriately. I also noticed the post didn't mention anything about fringe benefits such as life and health insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, paid sick days, etc. If a business can't afford to provide those for its employees then it's a business in trouble. If the owners have those benefits and the employees don't then it's immoral.

AmYisraelChai
January 19, 2006, 01:37 PM
A range safety officer has a great deal of responsibility on his shoulders. He should be paid appropriately. I also noticed the post didn't mention anything about fringe benefits such as life and health insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, paid sick days, etc. If a business can't afford to provide those for its employees then it's a business in trouble. If the owners have those benefits and the employees don't then it's immoral.

First of all, did you read the part about "Part Time Weekend Job" Second have you seen a negative comment from people who use or have worked there? We are not replacing anyone we are adding a little help because business is overwhelming.

Again, If you have moral issues (***) I invite you to offer people better opportunities.

AmYisraelChai
January 19, 2006, 01:38 PM
Working at the Bullet Hole isn't about the salary anyway. I worked there for a bit and didn't even think about the pay. The rewards are in getting to hang out at a range, meeting great people, helping new shooters learn the hobby, having Mack diagnose your shooting problems,getting paid to indulge your hobby, getting to shoot a wide variety of firearms, did I mention hanging out at a range?? I loved working there, I just don't have that many weekends available, plus I like to shoot on weekends:) If anybody is looking for a job that doesn't even feel like a job, this is it. Highly recommend it!!

P.S. AmYisraelChai
Haven't been out there in a while, tell Mack howdy for me and I think we still have a plate rack challenge hanging between us dont we??

Come on out, we will get the plates swinging. :D

pistolero
January 19, 2006, 02:13 PM
amyisraelchai, are you still going to charter a plane for the SHOT show?
Heck, don't fool around, buy a plane. Ain't no step for a stepper.

armoredman
January 19, 2006, 02:36 PM
I worked part time at two ranges, one indoor, one outdoor, as an NRA certified Range Safety officer and salesman, and even though the money wasn't much, I never had more fun in my life. I truely hated leaving that job, and when I retire, that is where I will go right back to!
Too bad I am in AZ, would love that job as a part timer again!:cool:

Gillster
January 19, 2006, 03:58 PM

Man, that sounds like a page out of my union presidents re-election speech. You did read the part-time thing right?? He's not drafting anybody, he's offering people who are interested a chance to spend a little time at the range. And oh yeah, you get some cash for your time. Is there a "lighten up" smiley around anywhere?

Gillster
January 19, 2006, 04:00 PM
Come on out, we will get the plates swinging. :D

I might need to practice a little, I don't spend as much time at the range as I used to:) I'll get out there one of these days. See ya soon.

AmYisraelChai
January 19, 2006, 08:26 PM
amyisraelchai, are you still going to charter a plane for the SHOT show?
Heck, don't fool around, buy a plane. Ain't no step for a stepper.

I dont fly enough to justify a business jet. It is not cost effective. You need to fly about 250 hours a year to make it the better financial choice. Plus when you lease, you can choose the right plane for the trip. Some planes cost 2K an hour and some cost 20K an hour. Sometimes all you need is a 2K plane, however sometimes you need a 20K plane.

Having said that, We are going to drive to Shot Show, Take some much needed time and enjoy ourselves along the way and visit some friends.

kart racer
January 19, 2006, 11:28 PM
open up a satellite store in NC and I'll find ya some good people.:) Sounds good to me..

axeman_g
January 19, 2006, 11:51 PM
AmYisraelChai,
By the number of crappy threads replying to your want-ad, I bet this is the last time you try to post here that your looking for people. :confused:

Folks, this is The High Road, not the I Judge You Road. Please try to remember what made this boad so welcoming to you and me.

If I lived in the area, I would gladly try to work there, but I think that I am sadly not qualified enough.

AmYisraelChai
January 20, 2006, 12:32 AM
AmYisraelChai,
By the number of crappy threads replying to your want-ad, I bet this is the last time you try to post here that your looking for people. :confused:

Folks, this is The High Road, not the I Judge You Road. Please try to remember what made this boad so welcoming to you and me.

If I lived in the area, I would gladly try to work there, but I think that I am sadly not qualified enough.

This actually works. I get free advertising to a target audience, but I get to offer what so many are looking for, a job doing what some people want to do. The calls roll in and for the folks that count in this matter, everyone wins. I get the help I need and get to grow the dream and someone gets to make some money living a little dream of their own. All parties are making a choice and an offer, that is all. When the offers and the choices come to an agreement the glory of free will and the free market prevails. (I feel like making this speach in front of an American flag :D )

Someone always has an opinion. Someone is telling Tiger Woods how he messed something up, someone is telling Bill Gates about mistakes he has made....and so on. When people decide I am not doing something to there satisfaction, I first decide if I can learn from them, if they are an armchair expert with little real knowledge of the subject, I invite them to get to the point on the matter I have arrived at and then do it how they please. For the most part, the opionions never stop, but no one has ever taken me up on the challenge.

The funny thing about the High Road is I get the most negativity and opinions on how I am doing it wrong. I also get the highest response rate.

jeremywills
January 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
I still wish you the best of luck in finding someone, I highly doubt you will have trouble, if you were only a tad bit closer, 45 miles down the road is just a hair too much

Another free bump for the nice folks of the bullethole, it really is a nice place to go shoot folks

check it out sometime if you havent yet

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Related Job in San Antonio!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!