Sen. Clinton slams Bush administration

PDA

rick_reno
January 17, 2006, 12:27 PM
This is too funny. Billary - speaking to a mostly black audience says "The House has been run like a plantation, and you know what I’m talking about,”.
Huh? Someone needs to inform the good Senator that unless the people in her "mostly black audience" were over 150 years old, I doubt they know what she's talking about. Anyone see any photo-ops of this speech? Did she have a carpet bag in hand?

NEW YORK - Sen. Hillary Clinton on Monday blasted the Bush administration as “one of the worst” in U.S. history and compared the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to a plantation where dissenting voices are squelched.

Speaking during a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event, Clinton also offered an apology to a group of Hurricane Katrina survivors “on behalf of a government that left you behind, that turned its back on you.”

Her remarks were met with thunderous applause by a mostly black audience at the Canaan Baptist Church of Christ in Harlem.

The House “has been run like a plantation, and you know what I’m talking about,” said Clinton, D-N.Y. “It has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an argument, to be heard.”

“We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence,” she said. “I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country.”

A spokeswoman for the White House declined to comment and referred questions to the Republican National Committee.

RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt said: “On a day when Americans are focused on the legacy of Martin Luther King, Hillary Clinton is focused on the legacy of Hillary Clinton.”

If you enjoyed reading about "Sen. Clinton slams Bush administration" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skeptic
January 17, 2006, 01:14 PM
What do you call someone who will do anything or say anything to anyone to be elected or reelected?

Biker
January 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
What do you call someone who will do anything or say anything to anyone to be elected or reelected?
A politician?
;)
Biker

Taipei Personality
January 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Skeptic

A politician.

carlrodd
January 17, 2006, 01:18 PM

mrs. president:barf:

Taipei Personality
January 17, 2006, 01:18 PM
Dang, posted at the same time. :p

Biker
January 17, 2006, 01:43 PM
Great minds and all that...:)
Biker

22-rimfire
January 17, 2006, 01:51 PM
Hillary was reported to say....“We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence,” she said. “I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country.”

Hillary has learned to say what people want to hear. This has nothing to do with whether or not she intends to act or do something about it. As if she has not appeared to be the classic corrupt politician... oh, that was when Bill was in office and she was the caring wife...

longeyes
January 17, 2006, 01:52 PM
Thank you, Scarlett.

engineer151515
January 17, 2006, 02:41 PM
Hillary was reported to say....“We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence,” she said. “I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country.”

Hillary has learned to say what people want to hear. This has nothing to do with whether or not she intends to act or do something about it. As if she has not appeared to be the classic corrupt politician... oh, that was when Bill was in office and she was the caring wife...

As her husband holds the current standard, she at least knows how low any administration would have to go.

Rem700SD
January 17, 2006, 03:24 PM
Come to think of it, did she mention any legislation of hers that was squelched?

dm1333
January 18, 2006, 12:37 AM
Saw it and was disgusted by it. I have friends in the Coast Guard who went to New Orleans to help, to say that the government turned its' back on the city is just plain wrong. I was also offended by the plantation remarks.

LAK
January 18, 2006, 07:40 AM
More WWF ;)

-----------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Michigander
January 18, 2006, 08:07 AM
A politician against cronyism! Well it's about time. :scrutiny:

PATH
January 18, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yawn!!! I should believe anything from the mouth of a modern day bolshevik!

beerslurpy
January 18, 2006, 10:23 AM
To me, she comes across as insincere. She is smart enough to know the truth, but too smart to lie convincingly about it. She is certianly no bill clinton.

She wont take the south or the midwest, so she is pretty much unelectable. Not Dukakis unelectable, but she wont win.

1911 guy
January 18, 2006, 11:36 AM
Not just the "plantation" comment, but Hillary in general. She's pandering to an audience, which is what we've come to expect all politicians to do, but she has sunk to the level of demeaning and slandering the rest of the country to make a point to her audience of the moment. As soon as she's on to the next speaking engagement, she'll be slandering the black folks she was courting several days ago. There's a word for people who will do anything for a buck (vote). It evokes images of old west "ladies of the evening".

RealGun
January 18, 2006, 12:05 PM
If she had somehow become perceived as separate from the left wing, a newly inspired moderate trying to take the high road and appear to be "presidential" material, she will have to start over again. She is just another mudslinger. If the Democrats want to project any measure of dignity, they had better find someone else.

I believe Russ Feingold will emerge as the real candidate for 2008.

carlrodd
January 18, 2006, 12:12 PM
Not just the "plantation" comment, but Hillary in general. She's pandering to an audience, which is what we've come to expect all politicians to do, but she has sunk to the level of demeaning and slandering the rest of the country to make a point to her audience of the moment. As soon as she's on to the next speaking engagement, she'll be slandering the black folks she was courting several days ago. There's a word for people who will do anything for a buck (vote). It evokes images of old west "ladies of the evening".

not only is she pandering, her remarks should frankly be offensive to black people. if i was black and sitting in that audience when she knowingly said, "and you know what i mean", i think i would have thrown something at her. i don't get why any black people pay attention to her or her husband. black communities should be outraged by how both of them use those communities for votes and press, when in reality neither clinton gives a rat turd about them. to boot, hillary has no ankles....all-around loser.

Malone LaVeigh
January 18, 2006, 12:25 PM
Huh? Someone needs to inform the good Senator that unless the people in her "mostly black audience" were over 150 years old, I doubt they know what she's talking about.
Well, there are a lot of people less than 150 yo that know what she means by plantation. There are people living on plantations right now. But her speech, and the use of that term, give a whole new life to the word "opportunist." Like she's done anything to try to clean up the mess in DC.

Gore is 1000% more credible on this issue, and that's not high praise.

Did she have a carpet bag in hand?
I think it's worn out from the move to NY.

Sinsaba
January 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
... There's a word for people who will do anything for a buck (vote). It evokes images of old west "ladies of the evening".

Not really guy, there are some things no self respecting whore will do for money. I don't think the same can be said for Hillary and votes.

Baba Louie
January 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
Her remarks were met with thunderous applause... When you get right down to brass tacks, that's all that really matters.
Promise 'em anything, say anything, but get their vote...

If you enjoyed reading about "Sen. Clinton slams Bush administration" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!