KS, OK, MO get together.

PDA

wmenorr67
January 17, 2006, 03:16 PM
Considering that the weather has been rather nice lately and looks to stay that way for a while shall we schedule another get together? Of course with our luck that will bring the rain and/or snow that is needed. I am free the first three weekends of Feb if we want to try this.

If you enjoyed reading about "KS, OK, MO get together." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longrifleman
January 17, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'm interested. I think most any weekend would work. Are you thinking at Keyhole's place or did you have sometning else in mind?

BoomStick82
January 17, 2006, 04:53 PM
I know I'm new around here, but I'm in the central MO area and would be interested, even though I'm still in the process of procuring my first shotgun.

wmenorr67
January 17, 2006, 06:55 PM
Yes I was thinking of Keyhole's place if he is willing to host us.

RaetherEnt
January 18, 2006, 01:11 AM
Very, very cool! Where is Keyholes??? I am in Shawnee, KS, and fairly new to this group, but would love to get together with you guys! :eek:

wmenorr67
January 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
Just north of Pittsburgh. Oh yeah we also can invite those who live in AR also. Not that far for those in the NW part of AR.

wmenorr67
January 19, 2006, 03:00 PM
bump

english kanigit
January 21, 2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry guys, I've been sorta lazy in initiating the next get together. Been pre-occupied with the new job. :o

A get together would be good. Wmenorr, if you want to coordinate this go for it or I can do it again.

If memory serves me correctly (an unlikely event :D ) the next KS/MO/NE/OK THR shoot would've been scheduled for the second saturday of Feb.

Keyhole, any thoughts?

Moondoggie
January 23, 2006, 12:31 AM
Count me in, weather permitting.

My finger is almost all the way back to normal. I shot an IPSC match last weekend and shot really well.

wmenorr67
January 23, 2006, 09:46 AM
Second Sat of Feb sounds good with me.

xring44
January 23, 2006, 10:05 AM
Just north of Pittsburgh. Oh yeah we also can invite those who live in AR also. Not that far for those in the NW part of AR.

I assume thats Pittsburg Kansas?

Northwet
January 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
I'm new around here. Give me more information on where Pittsburgh is, please.
North"wet"
Altus Okla.

longrifleman
January 23, 2006, 01:52 PM
http://www.bonecreekgunclub.com/
Northwet, Xring44;
Here is a link to the range we have been using. Thanks Keyhole! It'll be a fair drive from Altus, but you will be welcome.

wmenorr67
January 23, 2006, 03:31 PM
It looks like we can make this happen. Let me PM Keyhole and see if there are any problems.

keyhole
January 23, 2006, 09:06 PM
I reckon that it should work that day. Nothing planned ( WORK) yet, but it's still early. If it stays warm like it has been and we get some rain, I'll be mowin grass by then. And swattin skeeters.

xring44
January 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
Longrifleman, thanks for the link, and the kind invitation, being new here, what kind of shoot are we talking about? What handguns would I need to bring, how much ammo. etc.

longrifleman
January 24, 2006, 02:32 AM
how much ammo. etc

You don't need to furnish ammo for everybody, but we appreciate the offer.

:D

There is a two hundred yd rifle range with a backstop able to handle about anything. Might ask Keyhole before you bring a .50 cal. The pistol range has several target stands and a collection of steel plates to set up. I haven't tried out the shotgun range; I think it was still being worked on last time we were there.

The rifle shooting area is roofed with a concrete floor; very nice. The pistol range also has a roof so some rain isn't a disaster. It also has a gravel covered area in front of the target stands so brass is fairly easy to find.

I'm not sure what I would bring yet. I have a couple projects working and I'm not sure what will be ready.

A box of staples for Keyhole's stapler might be nice. I have another small gift to leave to show our appreciation.

The last shoot, I stayed until both my shoulder and wrist gave out. E K is tougher than I am. I hate getting old.

english kanigit
January 24, 2006, 03:33 AM
E K is tougher than I am. I hate getting old.

Bah... I ain't tough. I'm just too dumb to know better. ;)

If I get a chance I would like to fab up a large gong for 200 yards. Hmmmmm, if anybody would like to borrow anything in my signiture just lemme know!

wmenorr67
January 24, 2006, 09:48 AM
I hope to bring my Ruger .45 pistol, 2 Ruger 10/22's, a Ruger Mini-14 and possibly a .22 pistol. That is the extent of my arsenal at this time. But the most important thing I will be bringing will be my childern and let them get to shoot for the first time.

longrifleman
January 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
and let them get to shoot for the first time

A while back I picked up a Win 67A (single shot) for my grandkids when they are ready. It always looks so lonesome in the rack; it needs to be shot. If you think your kids would be ready for something like that, I'd be glad to bring it.

I would also be glad to bring anything else I have for your kids to try out. We may not want to overwhelm them the first time out, and several of mine might be a bit stout for kids. I have a .30 carbine and a Marlin 336 that might be worth considering. Let me know.

xring44
January 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
I have a few health issues so I never know if I can or can't do anything beforehand. I'd certainly like to attend, meet a few who enjoy the same things I do.

wmenorr67
January 24, 2006, 01:11 PM
I am going to let them try out the 10/22's and see how they do. A little one shot rifle might not be a bad idea either. Is it a .22? Let me know the caliber if not and I will bring the ammo to feed it.

longrifleman
January 24, 2006, 02:10 PM
Is it a .22?

Yep. Ammo isn't an issue. I think I can find a few rounds down in the seat cushions.

wmenorr67
January 24, 2006, 02:47 PM
Gives me an excuse to stock up on .22 anyway. Have a couple of bricks at the house but when it is so cheap and going to try and feed two semi's there is never enough of it.

english kanigit
January 24, 2006, 08:32 PM
I've also got one of the single shot .22's. Bolt action, pull-to-cock. I'll bring mine along as well...

keyhole
January 24, 2006, 10:15 PM
Sounds like the beginning of a .22 fun shoot. Cheap to do also! I'll bring some of the Mossbergs I have, and the Ruger hvy bbl.

bojangles
January 25, 2006, 01:19 PM
So..is this a open invitation. I live here in Lebanon, MO. I'm not sure of my schedule in Feb yet. But..sounds like big fun!!

M. Huett

keyhole
January 25, 2006, 01:38 PM
yup, all welcome

wmenorr67
January 25, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well now that we have a date set and several commitments the weather around here is going to finally turn to winter and we are going to wind up being knee deep in snow and below zero weather. But guess what I am still going to show up and have fun.

RaetherEnt
January 25, 2006, 05:04 PM
Hey all, I probably missed it! When is the date set for? I will be there! Any word yet on if we can shoot the .50's?

wmenorr67
January 25, 2006, 06:40 PM
Feb 11th.

Not sure about the 50's.

keyhole
January 26, 2006, 11:38 PM
50's fine. We've had them out there before. Of course, I pulled the trigger on the first one.:p

english kanigit
January 29, 2006, 02:25 AM
Just so we're all on the same page.

The next THR shoot for our state(s) will be Saturday Febuary 11.
Is this correct? Any specific start time?

Devon
January 29, 2006, 01:30 PM
For the first time I'll be able to make this shoot, although I probably wont make it until 2:30 or 3:00 in the after noon. Is that going to be too late?

Devon

wmenorr67
January 29, 2006, 04:39 PM
Yes it will be the 11th of Feb. I say start time somewhere from 9-10. Stay as long as your finger or ammo lasts.

Devon
January 29, 2006, 05:44 PM
Great, I'll be there. I have a mandatory fire dept. training that morning in Lawrence. Planning to have everything loaded before and ready to roll immediately afterward. I'll probably bring a couple of .22 rifles, a 336, Colt Combat Commander, & an old .25 JP Sauer pistol. Should be fun, see ya there.

Devon

MAURICE
January 29, 2006, 06:58 PM
NW Arkansonian here.
Dang, was reading this and wanting to go, but have to drive to MS that morning for a wedding.
Catch you all on the next one.

wmenorr67
February 3, 2006, 10:00 AM
Just a week and a day to go. Just thought I would bump this up so we don't forget about it. Waiting to meet all of you there.:)

Blimp Captain
February 6, 2006, 04:40 AM
I don't think I will be able to make it unless there is there a small airport around where you will be meeting? I've been trying to find employment in aviation and I guess I could fly in as an excuse to put in a resume at the airport.

Maurice,
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I was wondering if your a pilot. Just thought maybe so from the link with airplane pictures.

Blimp Captain
February 6, 2006, 04:41 AM
sorry...i repeated posts, i'm new

Blimp Captain

Blimp Captain

longrifleman
February 6, 2006, 11:48 AM
Blimp Captain, I'll be driving through Butler and Nevada if either one of those would work. Still a fair drive but company would be welcome. I don't know anything about Ft. Scott, Ks airports but that might be a possibility. Let me know asap so I can arrainge to meet you.

keyhole
February 6, 2006, 03:03 PM
Atkinson Municipal Airport in Pittsburg. Can pick you up there, and drive to the range. They might have courtesy car there for you, ( sometimes). Just let me know.

Keyhole

english kanigit
February 7, 2006, 01:01 AM
I will also be swinging through pittsburgh on the way to the range. I think between 3 THR types we can get you taken care of... ;)

And since I'm on....
I'm stocking up and buying ammo. I also picked up some scrap steel to (hopefully, time permitting,) fabricate a double gong.

Keyhole, I might be able to get some magnesium plates for, uhhhh, 'reactive' targets if you're interested. :D

EK

Kamicosmos
February 7, 2006, 01:06 AM
I won't be able to make this one. Still working weekends. But, it looks like mgt has come up with a different schedule, so I may possibly be able to make future shoots.

wmenorr67
February 7, 2006, 08:35 AM
I have all the ammo I need, hopefully, new eyes and ears for the family and ready to go. Still need to get a few more target type items so the childern have something more than paper to punch. Looks as if it is going to be a great day of fun and festivities.

Blimp Captain
February 8, 2006, 06:17 AM
Butler would work, I think I've heard they fly skydivers out of Butler so I can put in a resume there. I will check on the curtousy car and let you guys know, I really do appreciate the offers. I'm not familiar with the area, is pittsburg, butler, or neavda closest to the range.

You guys are great.

longrifleman
February 8, 2006, 10:06 AM
Butler has a skydiving club, but that is all I know about it. Butler is the farthest away from the shoot. I live 10 mi east of there, so you would have to ride about an hour and 20 min with me (company welcome). I think they have a courtesy car there but I doubt they would like the road trip. Nevada is about 40 min closer but I don't know much about their facilities. Pittsburg would be the closest, but it is south of the range. I'm on the wrong side, as I will be coming from the northeast.

Devon
February 10, 2006, 09:23 AM
Bump for tomorrow.

wmenorr67
February 10, 2006, 02:24 PM
Just make sure that you dress warmly. Hate to see anyone leave because they got too cold.

english kanigit
February 10, 2006, 07:11 PM
Brrrrrrrr, it's gonna be a little cool. (http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/66762?from=weekend_bottomnav_undeclared&dayNum=1)

keyhole
February 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
soooooooooooooooooooo:neener:

look on the bright side, no sweatin when ya look at targets, no ticks, skeeters or other bothersome bugs. Whatsmatter? Ya want it all??:)

cya there:evil:

oh yeah, county's under a burn ban. May have to fire up a trash barrel though:D

english kanigit
February 11, 2006, 10:13 AM
On the way... ETA 10:30ish - 11ish. :)

keyhole
February 11, 2006, 10:37 AM
0845hrs- 28 degrees, sunny. Should be a fine day of shootin! Maybe warm enough to shoot jus wearin the speedo:what:

wmenorr67
February 11, 2006, 07:47 PM
Well luckly no speedos were seen but some shootin did get done. I want to thank Keyhole and son for the fire and Longrifleman for the use of his single shot rifle. My son did not want to leave but I did not want him to get sick. I am posting the two pics I was able to get with my phone. Hopefully the next event can be a little warmer.

keyhole
February 11, 2006, 09:08 PM
pics from the shoot, yeah, there was snow on the ground! I got a shot of the railgun for ya EK, ( in the background!)

keyhole
February 11, 2006, 09:09 PM
Longrifleman, and EK, getting his stuff outta his truck( just can see his legs)

keyhole
February 11, 2006, 09:13 PM
forget the dates, camera wasn't set.

keyhole
February 11, 2006, 09:34 PM
more pics

keyhole
February 11, 2006, 09:36 PM
more, Matt with the SKS

keyhole
February 12, 2006, 01:51 AM
wmenorr67 with his son. Those Ruger 10/22's are great fun!

Devon
February 12, 2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks Keyhole, I had a good time. My scope brow really smarts today, stupid does hurt. That's an awesome 700 you have. Thanks, EK for taking the pictures, I look forward to seeing how they turn out.

Devon

english kanigit
February 14, 2006, 01:48 AM
Pictures are up (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=2243902&posted=1#post2243902)!!

If you enjoyed reading about "KS, OK, MO get together." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!