what kind of handgun

PDA

PITBULL
January 17, 2006, 05:09 PM
what kind of handgun can i get for about 150$ id like a 9mm or 45 or 22.cal revolver give me some prices and brands

If you enjoyed reading about "what kind of handgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Northslope Nimrod
January 17, 2006, 05:32 PM
For conceal carry: Get a Makarov in 9x18 (order ammo over the net)

For fun plinking: Get a .22lr semi auto. You may need to spend $190 plus. I recommend Browning Buckmark or Ruger. Find the model that fits you.

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn't notice "revolver."

rocky
January 17, 2006, 05:34 PM
you might find a nice used .22 for around that price.

mole
January 18, 2006, 12:22 AM
For the new ~$150 range you'll be looking at a hi point. They make a .380, 9mm, .40, .45. I've nevered messed with one, but most people generally give them good marks for an inexpensive pistol. Basically: ugly, heavy, reliable, decent accurancy.

mole

f4t9r
January 18, 2006, 12:35 AM
For the new ~$150 range you'll be looking at a hi point. They make a .380, 9mm, .40, .45. I've nevered messed with one, but most people generally give them good marks for an inexpensive pistol. Basically: ugly, heavy, reliable, decent accurancy.

Thats what comes to mind in that price range. Maybe save up and get something a little nicer down the road. If not I know people who like them.

jeepmor
January 18, 2006, 12:59 AM
Since you have access to a PC, check out the websites that sell firearms.

Gunbroker.com
Auctionarms.com

You should find plenty of stuff to look at. But you'll probably want to spend a bit more than your $150 budget for a pistol, if you want one that will offer reliability. Stay away from the saturday night specials like jennings and cobra from what I've read here.

I'm no expert, but I'm am budget conscious (aka...cheap) and I bought Taurus pistols for twice what your wanting to spend and still feel they are at the lower price points for pistols.

Check out the websites and keep checking on them, you should be able to find what your looking for if your patient.

jeepmor

If you enjoyed reading about "what kind of handgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!