"Six Feet Under" Mistake???

PDA

BoomStick82
January 17, 2006, 06:57 PM
I was watching season two with my girlfriend, the episode where "Keith" (The Police Officer) guns down a junkie with a gun and later on starts saying stuff like "I should have aimed for his arm" and "I should have tried to hit his leg." I don't understand this, in the scenario, the BG was pointing a gun at a girl who was screaming hysterically, and then turned the gun on the officers. Keith shot him once, right in the chest and the BG dropped. Why would a Police Officer later be questioning his decision to shoot like that?

If you enjoyed reading about ""Six Feet Under" Mistake???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DagoRed
January 17, 2006, 07:02 PM
Probably because the show is made in Hollywood, a land populated by weeping left wing liberals.

Thain
January 17, 2006, 07:02 PM
Guilt.

Every officer I've ever spoken with that has been involved in an "officer invovled shooting" has felt some remorse over taking a life. Even in a justified, nessecary, and by any other measure "good shoot."

The capacity to feel sympathy for those who don't deserve it is what seperates the Good Guys from the Bad Guys.

Carl N. Brown
January 17, 2006, 07:03 PM
but I have fired slow fire, timed 6 shots in twenty seconds, and
timed 2 shots in two seconds, and as the stress goes up, the
accuracy goes down. In a life or death situation, you shoot
center mass. Only a desk jockey writer talks about shooting in
the arm or leg or "gun out of the hand" etcetera.

-------
edit fer spellin werds

TexasRifleman
January 17, 2006, 07:04 PM
You can't possibly be asking a serious question about a TV show.

I must have read this wrong......

f4t9r
January 17, 2006, 07:06 PM
Hard to take someones life without thinking what if.

BoomStick82
January 17, 2006, 07:10 PM
Yes, but my main point is how could they create a character that would question his own training about a VERY serious situation? I just wish that the media wouldn't be so sensationalist about things like guns.

Turtle Club
January 17, 2006, 07:20 PM
LEO's are trained to shoot center mass. They are not trained to shoot in the leg or arm.

Optical Serenity
January 17, 2006, 08:44 PM
You can't possibly be asking a serious question about a TV show.

I must have read this wrong......

+1 :D There are some TV shows that are serious...like on CourtTV and what not...

If you enjoyed reading about ""Six Feet Under" Mistake???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!