Spencer for Hire gun identification..

PDA

VinnyT
January 17, 2006, 10:34 PM
What gun did Hawk (Avery Brooks) use? Thanks!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Spencer for Hire gun identification.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tory
January 17, 2006, 10:35 PM
an S&W 629 w/8" barrel.

It's been a while, though. Spenser had a 9mm Beretta; a Mod. 92 IIRC.

VinnyT
January 17, 2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks Tory!!!!

pete f
January 18, 2006, 01:43 AM
in some early episodes he had a Nickel or stainless Python. I actually think the show predated the stainless python so it was Nickel by that reasoning but not positive. In one early episode he seems to be carrying a 8 inch bright nickel python in a vertical shoulder holster like a x15 from Bianchi, in at least two of the books I found references to him carrying a Python.

in a later episode i did see him with a non classic 629 and then later a classic 629 to which spencer asked why he changed and he said some comment about it matched his outfit better...so I do not think there was much thought to continuity as he used a gun more as a fashion accessory.

Texshooter
January 18, 2006, 01:46 AM
Though it was a Python.

9mmepiphany
January 18, 2006, 02:55 AM
it was a 6" nickled python

the TV show predated the stainless pythons and certainly predated the Ultimate series.

it had a vented top rib, there were three vents...hence 6" barrel

Devonai
January 18, 2006, 07:29 AM
I thought it was a phaser... or am I thinking of Sisko For Hire?

If you enjoyed reading about "Spencer for Hire gun identification.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!