Mexican campaigns to focus on migration.

PDA

bg
January 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
It'd be nice if on these three guys COULD keep their citizens
home..
http://www.yahoo.com/s/268530

Mexicans have condemned a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that would build 700 miles of additional border fences in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The proposal also would make illegal entry a felony and enlist military and local police to help stop undocumented migrants.

"It has intensified the issue, and anti-American sentiment is growing," Crespo said. "A wall is very symbolic and sends a message."
Hey if this upsets em, I'm all for it. Sends a mgs ? Geeez
Dick Tracy, ya think ??? And there's that "undocumented"
deal again instead of what it REALLY is. Illegal
infestaition. I don't want them coming here
ILLEGALLY !

[A slowdown on any immigration wouldn't bother me at all either, but that's just my own 0.02.]

Sorry for the "campaings" misspell. I didn't catch it. Maybe a Mod would fix
it for me ? If so, much thanks.
Bob

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican campaigns to focus on migration." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Biker
January 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
Wow. "...anti-American sentiment is growing".

'Excuse me Lord Toranaga. I cannot live with this shame. I must now go commit seppuku!'

Guess I'd better go do a couple o' flasks of warm sake and commence with the cuttin'.

A Truly Shamed Biker:rolleyes:

fourays2
January 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
I would imagine the fact that 20% of people fleeing the country would be a serious indictment on your .gov. Personally if I was el presidente I would be wanting to do something to get them to return.

ETA maybe if your country wasn't so corrupt then foreigners would be willing to invest in it?

taliv
January 18, 2006, 04:25 PM
"A wall is very symbolic and sends a message."

so the fact that they can't walk through it is less of a concern than the symbolism?

Sinsaba
January 18, 2006, 04:26 PM
I wish the "message" were more clear... we don't want you if you won't/don't follow the rules!

Optical Serenity
January 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
No Doubt, I'm all for buying huge billboards....

"Those Illegals found here in the night, will be found here in the morning."

rick_reno
January 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Fox had said he would expand the economy by 7 percent a year.

In plain English - this means that all the urchins in the plaza will have to sell 4more Chicklets a day.

wingman
January 18, 2006, 05:30 PM
I received this today in my email from Team America.

Dear Friends,
Last night Congressman Tom Tancredo kicked off our tour in Iowa speaking to an audience of 450 caucus goers. He told them that unlike others who were scheduled to address to them, he wasn’t there to ask for their vote, or even their support. He was there to ask if they would do something for their country—stop amnesty.

Tom explained that the Senate Republicans were preparing to pass amnesty for 15 million illegal aliens and he asked everyone to get on the phones and start calling the Republican Senators—theirs and those who want to be President. The response was fantastic. And we distributed flyers with all the necessary numbers.

After the speeches there were a number of hospitality suites for the delegates, including those for the gubernatorial Republican candidates. Tom’s suite was so packed and the others so empty that the wife of one of the candidates asked if Tom would send some people to their suite.

Tom also spent several hours on radio sending out the message to hundreds of thousands of others. It was a great beginning. And now we are off to Arizona where we pick up the Winnebago tomorrow evening.

I have spent the day answering e-mails from so many of you who have offered to help. And I have been on the phones setting up leg II of the tour. We expect to start out in Kansas on the January 27h, go to South Carolina on Saturday, January 28 and then Georgia, back through South Carolina, and up to North Carolina on the following Monday and Tuesday.

Leg III will take us to Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan.

As we firm up details we will get them up on our website. Let me know if you can help in any way. And for anyone with a Winnebago who can help with transportation on leg II or III, call me (703-255-1399) or e-mail (baybuchanan@teamamericapac.org) immediately!

And also let me know how your calls are going! You need to start today and don’t give up calling until an enforcement only bill is passed by the Senate! Remember tell them you know guest worker is nothing but amnesty, then let them know what you think about amnesty. (Keep the language clean though.) Tell the Senators they need to pass an enforcement only bill just like the House and they need to do it now!

I’ll let you know how it goes on the tour—but keep those encouraging notes coming. They are a source of great strength to us.

Bay Buchanan

Standing Wolf
January 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
A wall is very symbolic and sends a message.

See? Progress already!

rick_reno
January 18, 2006, 08:19 PM
Tom explained that the Senate Republicans were preparing to pass amnesty for 15 million illegal aliens and he asked everyone to get on the phones and start calling the Republican Senators—theirs and those who want to be President. The response was fantastic. And we distributed flyers with all the necessary numbers.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm sure this amesty is a done deal. We've got a Republican President who wants it - and he has a Republican Congress to rubber stamp his policies into law. We elected these people, if this comes to fruition we've got no one to blame but ourselves.

wingman
January 18, 2006, 09:18 PM
I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm sure this amesty is a done deal. We've got a Republican President who wants it - and he has a Republican Congress to rubber stamp his policies into law. We elected these people, if this comes to fruition we've got no one to blame but ourselves.

I agree.

Rubikees
January 18, 2006, 09:22 PM
Don't foget we have the Demos in the Senate that have no backbone to block the amnesty bill.

Biker
January 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
Don't foget we have the Demos in the Senate that have no backbone to block it.
Excuse me?

Biker

Flyboy
January 18, 2006, 10:41 PM
October 26, 1948: Mexico accepts an apology from the U.S. State Department for recently allowing several thousand Mexican farm laborers to cross the Texas border, in violation of an agreement between the two countries.http://www.upenn.edu/pnc/politicalapologies.html

How things do change.

longeyes
January 19, 2006, 12:03 AM

Worse before better. We'll learn the hard way. Again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican campaigns to focus on migration." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!