Sig229

PDA

hollowpointt
January 18, 2006, 06:25 PM
I just found at Gander Mountain a used Sig 229 bi-tone stainless, it is in +90% condition, five mags, Hougue grips, extra spring, and case. $ 585
What is the gun worth and should I make the purchase. It is on hold right now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig229" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sir Aardvark
January 18, 2006, 11:00 PM
Jerry's Sport Center (JSC) sells the 2-tone SIG 229 for $579.50 wholesale.

Each new SIG magazine would cost you $30.00 wholesale.

Hogue grips run about $13.00 wholesale.

So, you're looking at about $750.00 worth of product in new condition at the wholesale price.

Add another 10%, or $75.00, to arrive at the retail price and now you're looking at about $825.00 (or more - not including tax, S&H, fees, etc.), for all that you described in new condition.

If the gun isn't too beat up then it sounds like a good deal.

TooTech
January 18, 2006, 11:32 PM
Go to WWW.CDNNINVESTMENTS.COM and download their catalog. They have SIGs in better condition, usually at lower prices.

Also take a look at the classifieds over at www.sigforum.com

Lots of good SIGs listed there.

Assuming, of course, you can get a FFL to do the transfer for you.

OH25shooter
January 19, 2006, 12:44 PM
Since you have it on hold, copy the serial number and call Sig to see when it was manufactured. Not sure a non-owner can get that info, but I'd try. My ten year old used P229 cost me $500.00 with only one magazine.

I just went to the popular gunstore here locally to buy some 9mm target ammo. What did I discover? There were 13 (ex-LE) P229 for sale at $399.99. Some had Hogue rubber finger grips and some had stock. All are one hundred dollars cheaper than a few weeks ago when I bought mine. S*#%!

cxm
January 19, 2006, 03:12 PM
CDNN has P229s in excellent plus condition for $369.00.

You might want to take a look at their on line catalog.

FWIW

Chuck

I just found at Gander Mountain a used Sig 229 bi-tone stainless, it is in +90% condition, five mags, Hougue grips, extra spring, and case. $ 585
What is the gun worth and should I make the purchase. It is on hold right now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig229" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!