Need recommendations for a new range bag.

PDA

TheFork
January 18, 2006, 11:39 PM
Any recommendations for a range bag?

If you enjoyed reading about "Need recommendations for a new range bag." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BevrFevr
January 19, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah I hate to say it but they make these bitchin cool tool bags that are better than any range bag I have ever seen. If you catch the right sale, about twice a year, They are $10-15 bucks. Wish I had more but when I get em I give as gifts.

I bought the black and green one. It has lots of see through external pockets for ear plugs, wipes, leatherman, etc. Internal pockets are perfect size for pistol mags. Rugged as hell. designed to be full of heavy greasy tools.

They come in different sizes too.

This is way too practical if you want to look swat and all but I cannot reccomend them highly enough.

But look for the sale. About half price or less!

-bevr

cslinger
January 19, 2006, 12:34 AM
I hear really good things about the ISHOT range bag.

To be honest the MTM Sportsman's Utility Case has served me extremely well, so well that I always come back to it.

It will hold 6 normal handguns, ammo, 2 sets of ears, targets, etc. and all for about $25.00. Looks like a tackle box, can get heavy loaded down with gear and isn't super cool but is probably the best handgun range box I have ever found for my needs.

Example below
http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/store/products/productDisplay~&MTM~SPORTSMANS+UTILITY+CASE~productID~311454.htm

LHB1
January 19, 2006, 01:22 AM
Range Bags? Check out the following. Pick one you like and go. Betcha can't buy just one. :) I use an I-Shot Mini Deluxe for small bag and have a new Bagmaster TM2 on order for use as medium bag. Check out:

i-Shot: www.ishot-inc.com

Bagmaster: www.straightshotshooting.com

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

jaysouth
January 19, 2006, 01:41 AM
I started with a canvas book bag. Outgrew it.

Next, a bagmaster. outgrew it

Next, a tool carryall from Klein tools. outgrew it.

Currently using a Ford Windstar dedicated to keeping my shooting gear.

Kind of looking at used stepvans. I could put a bench in the back and mount a couple of Dillon reloaders and a gunsafe. Bolt a shooting bench to the floor. Back up to the range, open the doors, turn on the fans and stereo, shoot away.

aslondon
January 19, 2006, 12:31 PM
Ishot modular. Simply the best - not cheap, but the best

Al

JoeHatley
January 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
www.bagmaster.com or www.mpioutdoors.com

I have both and they have held up great over the years. They have product lines that cover almost every appication and price range.

Good Luck...

Joe

Frandy
January 19, 2006, 01:28 PM
Yup - iSHOT!

waterhouse
January 19, 2006, 01:44 PM
One of my used guns came with a bagmaster bag as par tof the deal about 5 years ago. I've carried it with a LOT of ammo and I pretty much treat it like crap and it has been fine. It's the only one I've owned, but it is a good bag.

TonyB
January 19, 2006, 02:49 PM
I actually use a big tackle box from Walmart.I can fit my mags and speedloaders in the outside compartments and I don't have to go digging around for stuff.and it was like $11.....;)

joev
January 19, 2006, 03:56 PM
http://www.tommysgunpack.com/ great bag for the money and on sale I have the bigger drange bag

Furncliff
January 19, 2006, 04:58 PM
Right now I'm using and old briefcase. It a soft one, canvas? It zippers open completely flat so that it serves as a rug as well. Has two large compartments I have fitted with foam rubber to cushion the guns, lotsa small pockets for mags, ammo, etc.- Big zip pouch on outside for targets.

When (if) it dies I'll probably go to Duluth Trading Co....http://www.duluthtrading.com/.

They make tool bags and such. Prices are pretty good and the products are extremely rugged!

dmftoy1
January 19, 2006, 05:51 PM
+1 on the IShot . . .mine has been good to me but I'm wishing I had two. (one for pistols and one for rifle stuff)

I REALLY REALLY wanted the large bagmaster but the $189 was just too much for me to swallow. From what I can see they ARE nice bags.

Have a good one,
Dave

Brian Williams
January 19, 2006, 06:16 PM
I am looking for a Tool Bag by Bucket Boss called the Long Boy, I figure a 24" long bag that looks like a carpenter/mason bag will be good urban camo for hauling my guns and stuff out and dwn the street. It will be long and wide enough I can stick all my handguns, eyes and ears, ammo and my Marlin 39M (takedown) and My ruger 10/22 w/folding stock.
http://www.coastaltool.com/a/ab/boss/images/06049.jpg
Features
Cavernous 24"L x 11"W x 9"H main compartment.
Big enough to fit a reciprocating saw with the blade.
14 pockets that organize tools better than any tool box.
External level straps.
Internal divider adjusts to keep tools secure and organized.
New and improved shoulder strap.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need recommendations for a new range bag." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!