Renewing FL non-resident permit?

PDA

Monkeyleg
January 19, 2006, 07:11 PM
I just realized my FL non-resident permit expires in May. Some questions:

Is the package of forms for renewal the same as for a new permit?

I understand I'll have to get fingerprinted again, but is new proof of training required?

If I get the paperwork in before the permit expiration date, is that sufficient time?

Thanks for any replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Renewing FL non-resident permit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R-Tex12
January 19, 2006, 07:54 PM
Monkeyleg -

Would a New Hampshire non-res permit work for you? Just got mine a month or so ago at a total cost of $20. :) No fingerprints - just a one page application and a photocopy of the front & back of my Texas permit.

www.packing.org will show which states honor NH's permits - it may not serve your requirements as well as a Florida permit.

Just a thought...

R-Tex

Hardcore
January 19, 2006, 10:23 PM
heres the link http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

hope this helps

Mizzle187
January 19, 2006, 11:13 PM
Florida doesnt require you to get additional training in order to get your renewal. The original class you took last for your life or untill they change the law.

Cacique500
January 19, 2006, 11:22 PM
I renewed mine about a year ago and from what I remember I just had the fingerprints redone, photo's redone, and sent in the money. Took about 30 days to receive the renewal IIRC.

If you enjoyed reading about "Renewing FL non-resident permit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!