Need Winchester 101 information, please

PDA

Preacherman
January 20, 2006, 12:33 AM
Hi, all. I've just got a couple of Winchester 101 O/U shotguns in 12ga. Unfortunately, information seems to be rather scarce about these very nice shotguns. I need to know the following:

1. Where can I find a manual for them?

2. Where can I find descriptions of the various models of this shotgun? I have no idea what models mine are, and I know there were several different ones. I need to know how to identify the various models.

3. Any detail-stripping info (gunsmith level) for detail cleaning out there?

Many thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Winchester 101 information, please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
palerider1
January 20, 2006, 01:51 AM
i would contact Winchester if i were you. i'm sure they can give you a lead on what you want.

Steven Mace
January 20, 2006, 02:50 AM
Preacherman, here is a link to an online manual for your Winchester Modeol 101:

http://stevespages.com/pdf/winchester_101.pdf

Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

JohnBT
January 21, 2006, 09:33 AM
Post the serial numbers, barrel & chamber lengths, choke and a short description of the engraving, blue or silver receiver, and whatever else you can think of and I'll see what I can dig up to narrow it down. Any way you could weigh them?

I'll check back later on, I'm off to do some shopping.

John

Preacherman
January 21, 2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks, John. I'm a bit too tied up to do that right now, but I'll post the info later this weekend, along with some pictures, if I can get them right.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Winchester 101 information, please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!