"Dumbest Politician of the Year" nominations

PDA

Art Eatman
January 20, 2006, 01:09 PM
For 2006, so keep it in mind and save up the stupidities.

There is a thread at http://www.armedpolitesociety.com for you to nominate El Dumbo Supremo for this calendar year.

Enjoy.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about ""Dumbest Politician of the Year" nominations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cuchulainn
January 20, 2006, 01:23 PM
"Chocolate City" Nagin and Hillary "Plantation" are the early front runners for the 2006 honors.

Justin
January 20, 2006, 01:25 PM
Just one?

Art, how can I possibly be expected to choose just one out of an entire class of people who are so worthless that they can't even hold a job in the private sector?

Tequila_Sauer
January 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
It would have to be Nagin. I can't see nominating Hillary because she's not stupid, she's actually very smart and calculating.

Howard Dean would be a good nominee as well. Some of his recent comments have been extremely detrimental both his party and his career.

Art Eatman
January 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
Nomanashuns at APS, pliz...

Art

progunner1957
January 20, 2006, 03:11 PM
how can I possibly be expected to choose just one out of an entire class of people who are so worthless that they can't even hold a job in the private sector?
ROFLMAO!!:D :D

Whoever wins should be awarded a trophy of a person performing a close order inspection of their own 'roids, if you get my drift...

Camp David
January 20, 2006, 03:34 PM
Ted Kennedy beating up Judge Alito one day for the judge's long ago membership in some college organization, then the next day Kennedy himself backpeddling and saying 'no' he is not technically a member of The Owl Club, a social club for Harvard alumni that bans women from membership. He then said of being a member in a club that discriminates against women, “I shouldn’t be and I’m going to get out of it as fast as I can.”

He wins title of "Dumbest Politician of the Year" for the 10th Time! Go Teddy!

TrapperReady
January 20, 2006, 06:50 PM
Camp David - Since Ted Kennedy is already in possession of several "Lifetime Achievement Awards" we can probably afford to get some new blood involved in the nominations. ;)

CAnnoneer
January 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
I nominate:

For outstanding team achievements:
1) The Republican leadership
2) The Democratic leadership
3) The American electorate keeping the above two in alternate power
4) The majority of voting Californians for throwing their state down the drain to spite Aanold and Bush

For outstanding individual achievements:
1) The Alaskan bridge senator
2) Robert Byrd
3) Ted Kennedy
4) Hillary Clinton

For outstanding overall career achievements:
The President

bigun15
January 20, 2006, 11:32 PM
It may have been a long time since the words were spoken, but I'll let you come up with the name yourself:

"Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them in."

Not Einstein
Not Frankenstein
Feinstein

Oldtimer
January 21, 2006, 11:54 AM
So many to choose from!

I'll have to go with Congressman John Murtha, of Pennsylvania. A war "hero" turned coward, anti-American and anti-military!

Art Eatman
January 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
At APS, oldtimer, APS. Watch out for those Oldtimer's Disease attacks. :D

Art

Old Fuff
January 21, 2006, 07:12 PM
This is going to be very, very difficult...:scrutiny:

There are so many qualified candidates... :evil: :D

SaintofKillers
January 22, 2006, 06:23 PM
The people of the city of Chicago. You were dumb enough to re-elect Daley.

The people of Illinois. You are dumb enough to re-elect Blago.

Spec ops Grunt
January 22, 2006, 08:30 PM
Do activist lawyers count?

If so than I say Jack Thompson!

January 2nd, 2006 A gamer named Mitchell S. with the online screenname "Kuja105" who posted on a few online videogame forums (including GameFaqs.com and MetalGearSolid.org) committed suicide. He posted a message in both forums detailing his intent to end his own life, citing overwhelming complications with school and finances. Later, members from the site contacted Mitchell's family to find out the grave news. They reported it to their online community, and posted a tribute to their passed friend on the front page of metalgearsolid.org." A very brief period of initial disbelief was followed by a barrage of replies from fellow forum members pleading that he not take his life, trying to talk him out of it. For days, no word was heard from Mitchell. Fearing the worst, members and administration from metalgearsolid.org began searching for contact information, spending hours on the phone trying to get in touch with him. Finally on January 4, Ryan K., an administrator at metalgearsolid.org, got him on the phone and spent hours desperately trying to talk him out of it. Sadly, Mitchell soon ended his own life by consuming antifreeze and painkillers. Mr. Jack Thompson then sent in the following letter regarding the situation to MetalGearSolid.org, one of the forums frequented by Mitchell, where he was known well:

"Your "gamer friend" will find peace through the Lord, Jesus Christ, but sadly it's too late for that.

There is a void in every heart. You can fill it up with the things of God, or the things not of God. This unfortunate soul chose to fill it up with combat games. The playing of these video games is masturbatory activity, meaning senseless self-stimulation. If you gamers could use a dictionary you would know that that term is not necessarily a sexual one.

The real tragedy here extends beyond the life and death of this one fellow. There are literally millions of young people and young adults whose despair is deepend by turning to the things of this world and then finding them meaningless.

All of you gamers need to put down the controllers and get a life. The utter inanity of the vast majority of postings here shows how vapid "gaming" really is.

You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.

Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess. Sad. Sad for all of you." [128] [129]

On January 20, 2006, MetalGearSolid.org issued their response:

"Once again, Mr. Thompson, you've proven that your ignorance knows no bounds. We're not going to participate in this war you wish to wage against us -- we're bigger than that. We're bigger than you.

This is a case where our tragedy is greater than the sum of our transgressions. The fact that you want to exploit the loss that both we and his family have suffered to forward your own selfish, religiously driven ambitions speaks volumes about the integrity (or lack, thereof) of your character, and it only serves to strengthen our resolve.

You can continue to try and discredit us and insult us, though no true man of God would do such a thing. We pity you and your ignorance, and only hope that someday you can come to terms with and mature away from your biggotry. As Metal Gear Solid fans, we have learned to believe in the best of individuals. We've learned to show charity. We've become better people, and through the loss of our friend, we've become a closer-knit community.

We forgive you, Jack, and we hope that God will do the same for you."

-source wikipedia

TexasRifleman
January 22, 2006, 08:35 PM
I have to put Wisconsin's governor right up at the top.

I hope he gets his a** handed to him when he vetoes the CCW legislation that was just sent to his desk.

Art Eatman
January 22, 2006, 10:16 PM
Won't folks at least TRY to pass Remedial Reading?

Post your nomination at http://www.armedpolitesociety, not here at THR.

Sheesh!

Art

If you enjoyed reading about ""Dumbest Politician of the Year" nominations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!