Libertarian for Minnesota Governors race

PDA

xd9fan
January 20, 2006, 01:33 PM
She sounds like a great canidate. Back in my college days at UofM (MPLS) we would all down to her bar/grill to hang-out. Its a very cool place. Sounds like she has her youknowwhat together. The Libertarians need more picks like this!! a small business owner!!

www.suejeffers.org

and no I do not work for her....just found this posted on www.lpmn.org

If you enjoyed reading about "Libertarian for Minnesota Governors race" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xd9fan
January 21, 2006, 01:05 PM
meeting at stub and herbs on 1-24-06 at 4pm. (just got her letter in the mail)

Lobotomy Boy
January 21, 2006, 01:16 PM
I'll be at work in St. Paul. Please keep us informed.

lance22
January 21, 2006, 01:43 PM
Sharkey for Governor (http://www.jonathonforgovernor.us/Home_page.html)

I think there will be fewer repeat offenders under this guy's watch.:)

jacobtowne
January 21, 2006, 03:44 PM
Every time someone mentions a third party candidate to me, I have one reply - Remember Ross Perot.
This man single-handedly condemned this nation to eight years of William Clinton.
JT

Can'thavenuthingood
January 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
This is a state office, a place where a third party must be established before attempting to go national.

She certainly is saying the right things and is pro gun.
"As a woman and a small business owner, I believe that self defense is not only a right, but a necessity. Relying on others to protect myself is irresponsible. I firmly support the permit to carry legislation from 2004 and 2005, as guaranteed in the US Constitution, these rights are cast in stone."

Another party needs to show it's face soon as a force and dislodge one of the others to become a second party. I'm running out of tax, fee and surcharge money to giveup.

Vick

Live Free Or Die
January 21, 2006, 07:43 PM
Every time someone mentions a third party candidate to me, I have one reply - Remember Ross Perot.

Duly noted. Thanks to you and Jessie Ventura for reminding me that it is possible for a third party candidate to come close or even win a major election. In light of this, I'll redouble my efforts to support the best candidate in the next election, and I doubt very much that candidate will be found in the major two parties.

Flyboy
January 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
This man single-handedly condemned this nation to eight years of William Clinton.
Not to mention giving the Republicans a much-needed kick in the pants, thus producing the Gingrich-led conservatism known as the Contract with America.

Not a bad result, overall.

xd9fan
January 23, 2006, 12:09 AM
Sharkey for Governor (http://www.jonathonforgovernor.us/Home_page.html)

I think there will be fewer repeat offenders under this guy's watch.:)

wow he even has his PhD.....I'm sure its in Chiropratics:rolleyes:

Your the second person today to point this wacko out to me....scary:eek:

anyway....sue jeffers has a nice downhome, common sense to her that appeals to me more than the usual two party lawyerspeak "theres-what-I-will-give-you" (and by the way you also get to pay for it) crap.

IndianaDean
January 23, 2006, 01:13 AM
JT

I disagree.

If Bush Sr had been a good enough candidate, he would have won regardless of Perot.

Byron Quick
January 23, 2006, 01:16 AM
wow he even has his PhD.....I'm sure its in Chiropratics

They don't have PhD's. It's a Doctor of Chiropractics degree.

Another thing-even if you don't believe in the efficacy of chiropractics...the course of study is no cakewalk.

KriegHund
January 23, 2006, 01:17 AM
JT
Yes, and that attitude got those second 4 years, and 8 years of bush...

stevelyn
January 23, 2006, 10:39 AM
JT

Ah yes. Third parties can't win so we have to accept voting for the lesser qualified candidate.:rolleyes:

Road Apples! :mad: They can't win if you don't vote for them.:banghead:

As for Perot, the election was his to lose. No one really liked Bush I or Clinton. Perot would have won if he had campaigned and acted like a candidate. Instead he went on Larry King a couple of times, acted indecisive and was cryptic when he spoke. Yet in spite of his half-assed campaign enough folks were still disgusted enough with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum that they voted for him anyway because they liked his message when he wasn't being cryptic.............I was one of them. Imagine what could have been if he'd seriously applied himself at campaigning for the job.:fire:

halvey
January 24, 2006, 12:28 PM
She certainly is saying the right things and is pro gun. Yeah, I suppose we need a governor to get Minnesota one of the best carry laws in the nation. Oh wait, happened TWICE. And I suppose we need range protection too. Oh yeah, that happened too. I suppose we should fire Pawlenty over this. :rolleyes:

Lobotomy Boy
January 24, 2006, 12:31 PM
I like the idea of a Libertarian candidate, but I mostly support Pawlenty and plan to vote for him, barring any revelations of his past membership in NAMBLA. Besides, I'd have a hard time getting behind the cigarette lady.

If you enjoyed reading about "Libertarian for Minnesota Governors race" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!