Performance of Speer Short Barrel ammo out of longer barrels?

PDA

Richard.Howe
January 20, 2006, 02:18 PM
I was trying to pick up some 9mm 124 gr. GD +P's at the shop yesterday, and the guy told me that all they stock now is the "Short Barrel" variant ( http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=216634 ).

I asked why, since many 9mm pistols don't fall into that category. His answer was that if the round is faster out of a short barrel, then it's going to be really fast out of a longer barrel. :scrutiny:

Sooo...my question is, has anyone chrono'd the difference, or have any experience in shooting the short-barrel ammo out of long-barrel guns? What would be the difference?

Rich

If you enjoyed reading about "Performance of Speer Short Barrel ammo out of longer barrels?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Performance of Speer Short Barrel ammo out of longer barrels?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!