Girl shooting on MTV's Made

PDA

outofbattery
January 21, 2006, 02:12 AM
For those that think MTV is out to paint anyone with a gun as a gangbanger or kook,they showed an Arizona teenager shooting with her dad on an espisode of Made.She said,"this is my baby,my Romanian .22" and smooched the stock then they showed her loading the magazine and firing a few shots.Any time someone is shown safely enjoying firearms on TV,it's a good thing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Girl shooting on MTV's Made" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Taurus 66
January 21, 2006, 03:30 AM
That may be a good thing, however, it's self serving of a media agenda. MTV, VH1, and most news channels will always side with what's anti constitutional, anti gun, anti christian, anti family, anti military, anti police, pro choice, pro propaganda, so on and do fourth. It's of an eastern influence. If you give in that easy, how easy will you be when one day the top news story says,

"News Flash: Today all American citizens must turn in ALL their firearms at their nearest police department. Failure to comply will result in arrest."

Would you?? Because if your answer here is "yes" then consider yourself highly impressionable. Take a damn stand and resist the putzes who try you manipulate your mind!!!

SomeKid
January 21, 2006, 03:35 AM
66, if that scenario ever happens, I will turn my firearms in, when the mags are empty. When they take them, they probably wouldn't wanna touch the barrel either. Wouldn't want the gestapo to get a blister now, would we?

MaMa PyCb
January 21, 2006, 04:46 AM
I think its good that she was seen safely handleing a firearm, thats a LEAP for MTV. I dont think that seeing that as a good thing makes us Give in? If anything its yet another inch of ground common sense has won, now we take the whole field and get our rights back.

Taurus 66
January 21, 2006, 05:05 AM
I think its good that she was seen safely handleing a firearm, thats a LEAP for MTV. I dont think that seeing that as a good thing makes us Give in? If anything its yet another inch of ground common sense has won, now we take the whole field and get our rights back.

I rarely ever take to a serious encounter with another THR member, but this is an exception. MaMa, what exactly is your political stand on the RKBA issues? If a threat on any or all of the Big Ten was present, would you stand up against or take the usual neutral (AKA neutered) stance on all? ... saying someting to the nature of, "If anything its yet another inch of ground common sense has won, now we take the whole field and get our rights back."

The idea of neutrality is a farce! You're either to one side or the other. You're either the enemy or right of the enemy. My apologies for bursting your soap bubbles.

TechBrute
January 21, 2006, 09:38 AM
Is Made that show where they make over awkward teenagers? If that's the show, was the shooting part of the "before" stage that is always portrayed as "uncool?"

Hacker15E
January 21, 2006, 10:56 AM
The idea of neutrality is a farce! You're either to one side or the other. You're either the enemy or right of the enemy.

That's an ignorant statement -- very non-high road. I hope your tongue is in cheek when you say such a thing.

mattf7184
January 21, 2006, 01:02 PM
Is Made that show where they make over awkward teenagers? If that's the show, was the shooting part of the "before" stage that is always portrayed as "uncool?"

That is the show and that's probably what they converted her out of...probably into a hip lesbian!

Im surprised MaoTV didnt blur out the gun like they try to bleep out the word gun in songs...

Carl
January 21, 2006, 01:20 PM
I saw an episode on MTV of TRUE LIFE-I'm a gun owner

It had a story about a former gang member and what his life is after getting shot (he's in a wheelchair), another story about a current gang member and how he needs guns to stay alive in his "hood", but they also had a big game hunter, and a girl that has a pistol for self defense after she was attacked. So it was even with two bad looks at firearms and two good outlooks, so I'm not sure what to think of it.

noresttill
January 21, 2006, 01:40 PM
That may be a good thing, however, it's self serving of a media agenda. MTV, VH1, and most news channels will always side with what's anti constitutional, anti gun, anti christian, anti family, anti military, anti police, pro choice, pro propaganda, so on and do fourth. It's of an eastern influence.

Are the groups you see as the antithesis of the above anti-propaganda?

There are people on both sides of the issues that are scumbags and want to impose there will. We need to look at the constitution more than the talking heads when deciding these hot button issues.

The catch is noone curls of with the constitution before bedtime.

Taurus 66
January 21, 2006, 01:47 PM
That's an ignorant statement -- very non-high road. I hope your tongue is in cheek when you say such a thing.

Sorry but that really doesn't have any practical significance other than to perhaps incite a flame war. Please reiterate at a later time when you have developed a point behind such a harsh statement. By the way, my earlier statement was "High Road". It's far more libertarian than moderate.

bogie
January 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
Brilliant...

You're saying that showing responsible firearms ownership and use in a good light, so that Mommy Suburbanite might let her son/daughter participate in a school shooting team, is a bad thing?

And that you really, really want armed conflict, which scares 99% of the population, armed and unarmed, silly?

thorazine
January 21, 2006, 03:14 PM
Screw MTV (music television)!

They let me down years ago when they stopped playing music videos! Now all they show is reality crap!

They need to change their name to,

MMTV (MAYBE music television)!

Ukraine Train
January 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
You guys gotta lighten up a little lol. Haven't you noticed that half the shows on MTV show gorgeous scantily clad women?

carebear
January 21, 2006, 10:38 PM
unintended consequences

Every time they show "positive" gun stuff it helps counteract the negative stuff spewed every day.

Sure, they only put that stuff in to point at when confronted as anti-gun bigots "See, we're balanced." They know that, we know that.

But, regardless of their intentions, we can use those positive mentions against them. "See, even kids on MTV have fun shooting safely."

It is black and white/us v. them BUT that doesn't mean we have to charge headlong into battle, losing or scaring off the undecided. We can fight a war using stealth and good tactics, being the voices of logic and reason and making our adversarys look like the dogmatic, scary extremists. Even using their own propaganda against them.

Fight smart.

If you enjoyed reading about "Girl shooting on MTV's Made" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!