Finally...my first handgun

PDA

ikko909
January 21, 2006, 08:21 AM
After months of thinking what my first handgun would be and posting a thread in which i got positive replies, I decided to get a bnew 3rd gen G19 :-) It just got released the other day. Planning to buy trijicon night sights. You guys think it's worth it? Any suggestions what accessories to buy next? cant make up mind... Anyway, thanks to those who helped me decide on the right gun

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/ikko909/IMAG0020a.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/ikko909/IMAG0011a.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally...my first handgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
neoncowboy
January 21, 2006, 08:23 AM
Nice! Can't go wrong with a Glock. I have night sights on mine and it makes all the difference.

Freeze N
January 21, 2006, 01:43 PM
Excellent choice. I have 5 Glocks and love them.

Check Here
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

They have all kinds of stuff for Glocks, night sights included. I am thinking about the XS Sight systems myself. They will also send you a very nice Catalog.

Get some more Hi-Cap mags and plenty of ammo:D

jamz
January 21, 2006, 02:00 PM
Great first gun! :D

I got my first Glock a week ago, also a 3rd gen G19. I'm enjoyingg the heck out of it.

-James

OH25shooter
January 21, 2006, 05:15 PM
Whether you bought the best auto maker is debatable. But, one thing is positive, you will find more aftermarket stuff for a Glock compared to many other brand autos.

possum
January 21, 2006, 05:44 PM
Though i personally don't like glock pistols, i think they are great weapons!It will serve you well, and you will have alot of fun with it. i don't like the sights that come on glocks so i would definetly put three dot sights or night sights like was said, i would also get a nice holster, which for glocks the choices are
endless, i would get a nice leather and maybe a nice kydex just for the heck of it! don't be affraid to pay for a nice holster you will be glad you did! enjoy and have fun!

Black Majik
January 21, 2006, 06:31 PM
Congrats on your first gun, you've done well. Learn it inside out, detail strip the gun and learn its function. Glocks are real easy to take apart, and there are aftermarket parts galore for the Glock. But sometimes remember, simplicity is best.

Glocks are for the most part reliable as it is. From my experience and reading other's experiences, sometimes adding aftermarket parts on there just isn't worth it. I remember reading up on so many aftermarket parts, and in the end, all I stuck with was the factory night sights and polished internals on the factory #5 connector.

Anyways, check out www.GlockTalk.com

Have fun, and shoot safe!

evilspock
January 24, 2006, 12:27 AM
Great Choice!

antsi
January 24, 2006, 12:32 AM
If you are new to handguns, the first "accessory" I would get would be professional instruction. You will learn much better and much faster if you don't have to try every wrong way to shoot but start out with good habits instead.

And, congrats - good to have another gun owner around.

BloodyRAzorBlades
January 24, 2006, 09:02 PM
Nice G19 the third gen G19 was my first semi auto handgun as well. As for acsessories get a houge finger groove grip for it those fit really well on the g19's especially if it's a 3rd gen. haha and buy a 33 round mag for "plinking" :D

lee n. field
January 24, 2006, 10:38 PM
Any suggestions what accessories to buy next? cant make up mind...

Extra magazines, a holster, ammo and a pistol class.

f4t9r
January 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
welcome to the handgun world , enjoy the new gun

Crue4
January 25, 2006, 01:42 AM
You bought a very reliable very resellable gun..

Congrats..

palerider1
January 25, 2006, 02:06 AM
congrats!!!!get a good range bag. i have a 5.11 range bag, holds all of my accesories and gear. great looking gun, enjoy it my friend.:)

Zen21Tao
January 25, 2006, 04:00 AM
Congrats on your first gun. I have long hated Glocks but have always acknowledged their dependability and versatility. In fact I just bought my first Glock (a G29 10mm) today and now have to learn to like it. I just hope my 1911, HK UP (.45), Sig P239, and S&W 500 are not going to get Jealous.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally...my first handgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!