Mexican soldiers crossing the U.S. border (merged multiple threads)

PDA

Deadman
January 21, 2006, 06:11 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48431

FWIW the linked video is from two seperate cameras, so if you see the same events it's probably from the second camera.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican soldiers crossing the U.S. border (merged multiple threads)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
telomerase
January 21, 2006, 07:08 PM
Wow, that's great footage. Think what would happen if anyone ever got footage of US soldiers crossing into another nation.

rick_reno
January 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
Aren't these Minutemen the people President Bush called "vigilantes"? What are they doing filming friendly soldiers from a good neighbor country crossing the border? No doubt trying to stir up trouble - or make the Bush administation appear incompetent.

Maybe these soldiers were lost,maybe they're guest workers looking for jobs. Whatever the reason, I'm sure Chertoff will have an explanation that justifies it

Biker
January 21, 2006, 09:21 PM
Christ Rick, give a guy a break! They're just doing the jobs that Americans won't do!
Biker

longeyes
January 21, 2006, 09:33 PM
You guys are cynics. These are just cooperative military exercises of two neighboring states.:cuss:

Standing Wolf
January 21, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm sure Jorge Bush has a plan for this: press releases, probably, or perhaps even a snide remark about vigilantes in an important speech.

Nothing to worry about.

Biker
January 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
Family values don't stop at the Rio Grande....Move along...
Biker

Justin
January 21, 2006, 11:00 PM
Wow, that's great footage. Think what would happen if anyone ever got footage of US soldiers crossing into another nation.

Probably wave flags and stick yellow ribbon magnets on the back of their cars...

longeyes
January 22, 2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe it's a friendly fashion statement...just showing us what our next-gen military uniforms, hecho en Mejico, will look like?:D

El Tejon
January 22, 2006, 03:56 PM
How can you guys tells these are Mexican Army and how can you tell which side of the border they are on?:confused:

Double Naught Spy
January 22, 2006, 04:09 PM

Oh, you mean like the bombing bystealth aircraft and the subsequent invading of Panama by Seals, Rangers, and other groups and kidnapping Manuel Noriega because he was tried in the US on drug trafficking charges?

When the US thinks such a violation of the borders of other countries is okay, they do things like giving the operation a catchy name to help justify the effort. We called that invasion "Just Cause." The US used our military to perform a military invasion and overthrow of Noriega via kidnapping under the guise that Noriega broke US drug laws via his activities that were not in the US. Bottom line, that was an act of war of one country on another.

That was in 1989. In 1983, the US invaded Grenada, an island nation that the British considered as one of their commonwealths. Thatcher specifically told Reagan not to interfere, and yet the US invaded Grenada in an act of war against the pro-soviet forces that were attempting to take over the country.

How about the recent military invasion of Afghanistan, not with Afghanistan's permission, under the guise of searching for terrorists?

Don't get me wrong. I think all of the military actions by the US were fine in that they protected US interests. HOWEVER, the point to this thread is that while some of us feel indignation that some nasty people in the military of Mexico can cross the border into the US is pretty silly sort of indignation given the US seems quite comfortable with invading other countries without their permission. The US doesn't have a great track record of respecting borders either. Heck Pershing's pursuit of Pancho Villa into Mexico is a classic.

redneck2
January 22, 2006, 04:13 PM
An anser to El Tejon

(1) Mexican Army.....Wild guess....I dunno...maybe the uniforms, vehicles, weapons???

(2a) Uh...because the guys with the cameras were on our side of the border watching for people to come across ???

(2b) If anybody from the US was on Mexican soil with a camera like this, they'd be doing 10 years in a Mexican prison??

Delmar
January 22, 2006, 04:23 PM
Thats a rather strange statement, Double Naught. I did not see your particular point articulated by the thread starter at all. That led me to believe that we were to draw our own conclusions. Yours are pretty clear.

It must be okay for other countries to cross our border at will because we invaded Mexico after several Americans were killed in cold blood?

EghtySx
January 22, 2006, 04:28 PM
How can you guys tells these are Mexican Army...

They don't speak english

...and how can you tell which side of the border they are on?

There is a fence.

chuckles
January 22, 2006, 05:14 PM
Rick Reno wrote:or make the Bush administation appear incompetent.

No, they do that well enough on their own.:(

odysseus
January 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
This is great that the Minutemen project is releasing video like this for everyone to see. It's interesting, and I think it adds to the claims by many that the Mexican military is doing "something" around our borders. For those who may say it could by anyone, well I am not sure why then an armed drug cartel member posing as a military soldier would just then show up in front of the Minutemen fully revealing who he is to the camera, and talk to them.

Anyway they were obviously looking for "something" or "someone" and did not like the scrutiny of the camera. It certainyl makes people wonder. It can't be fun being out in the middle of the country faced with that many auto-rifles being told they can't be there. Power to them for staying and filming it. This certainly is a powder keg situation.

cbsbyte
January 22, 2006, 06:03 PM
Sorry, I don't see the Mexican soliders steaping across the boarder. They came up to the fence, only to investgiate the camera crew. No big deal. For all we know they might have been doing manuvers near by or looking for drug trafficers.

redneck2
January 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
No big deal. For all we know they might have been doing manuvers near by or looking for drug trafficers.

Yeah, no big deal. Foreign army doing manuvers on our soil

:scrutiny:

Oh, and to Double Naught..I don't think Hitler gave us an invite to Germany, but we went anyway

cbsbyte
January 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
No they are on Mexican soil. I do not see them in the video actually crossing the Boarder.

U.S.SFC_RET
January 22, 2006, 06:12 PM
Those appear to be mexican uniforms, Mexican serial # on the Hummwv below the door. Total lack of discipline among the troops, lack of any uniformity. Looks like the Mexican Army to me.

Art Eatman
January 22, 2006, 06:16 PM
Depends on which unit of the Mexican military, and where along the U.S. border these "patrols" come across. It is commonplace within the drug-smuggling world for the narcotrafficantes and military officers to work together to protect shipments.

In some areas, it's military guys who help harvest locally-grown Mary Jane. A little extra pay for the buck privates. The "mordida" gets spread out quite a bit.

Back when Pablo Acosta ran the "plaza" in Ojinaga (across the border from Presidio, Texas), he had local military cooperation. At a minimum, they just ignored his activities.

Folks keep making the mistake of thinking the narcotrafficantes corrupted Mexico. Actually, the high-up politicos regard the narcotrafficantes as cash cows, and sell protection...

Art

glockamolee
January 22, 2006, 10:07 PM
Don't be fooled by the "casualness" of the encounter at the border fence. The Mexicans are gathering intel as to the make up of these "Anglo, Racist, Vigilantes in the United States."

MechAg94
January 22, 2006, 11:07 PM
Folks keep making the mistake of thinking the narcotrafficantes corrupted Mexico. Actually, the high-up politicos regard the narcotrafficantes as cash cows, and sell protection...
I think that is definitely the truth. Has Mexico EVER had a good government? Maybe the one with the Constitution of 1824, but that didn't last long.

Rusher
January 23, 2006, 12:07 AM
Where was this border crossing supposed to be......unless there was somthing i didnt notice and maybe it was the camera angle or postioning but i couldnt tell near those houses.......

Crosshair
January 23, 2006, 01:11 AM
That fence is about 500 yards INSIDE the US acording to the article that went with the video.

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/article.php?sid=40

From the article:

Chris Simcox and a group of Civil Defense Corps volunteers encountered a squad of approximately eight armed Mexican soldiers about 500 yards inside American territory.

So the fence in the distance is the border and the fence that is close in the video is 500 yards inside the US border.

Optical Serenity
January 23, 2006, 01:20 AM
Great post, thanks.

So I'd like to see the Minutemen lock up an illegal. If they are really making a documentary that'll be awesome to watch.

rick_reno
January 23, 2006, 01:26 AM
It's probably faked video. There is no way President Bush would allow soldiers from a foreign country to enter this country. No sir - he'd send Dick Cheney down there to beat them back with his ream of deferments.

Bob F.
January 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
MSNBC doing a story right now re: Federales crossing the border. Incursion at 3PM TODAY confirmed by FBI!! Another damned good reason not to give up our guns, Sounds like we'll have to defend ourselves since Jorge's boys won't!

KriegHund
January 23, 2006, 11:41 PM
This is an invasion from a foreighn government.

Said government should be summarily invaded in return. Said country should be annexxed.

Civilian Border Security- kill any foreighn intruders -civilian or military- on sight.

Lets send a national guard unit over and start p[aying mexican civilians to fight against their governement. See how they like it.

Till then, why dont we just nuke ourselves and the rest of the world. Save us all alot of trouble.

longeyes
January 24, 2006, 12:23 AM
Maneuvers by the Amerexican military? What's all the fuss? The border's a region, a membrane. Relax, amigos.

KriegHund
January 24, 2006, 12:33 AM
Maneuvers by the Amerexican military? What's all the fuss? The border's a region, a membrane. Relax, amigos.

Because, after all the leftist media bad news, it gives us a sense of right.

pete f
January 24, 2006, 03:17 AM
and who thought i had to wait till spring time to hunt varmints

Lennyjoe
January 24, 2006, 12:12 PM
So I'd like to see the Minutemen lock up an illegal

Can't do it. The Minutemen would be arrested for unlawfully detaining an individual. Hold them at bay with a gun and you go to jail for agrevated assault.

In fact, I asked 2 Border Patrol agents that same question. When I called them to come pick up a guy I found they gave me that exact answer. Said I had no right to detain or use a gun to detain them. They have rights. I said so do I. The right to protect this country from invasion. They said take it up with the DA.

:cuss:

phoglund
January 24, 2006, 01:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do you suppose would happen if a civilian snipered a few of those Mexican soldiers while they were on the US side of the fence. Would "repelling invasion" be an effective defense in court?

(P.S. No, I have no intention of doing such a thing, I'm lots closer to the Canadian border than the Mexican)

belton-deer-hunter
January 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
in my opion yes it would be legit but i think the cops will have another oppion

something has to be dopne about this we cant just let them come onto our country like that but what re the odds that we dont see anymore about this

odysseus
January 24, 2006, 03:12 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do you suppose would happen if a civilian snipered a few of those Mexican soldiers while they were on the US side of the fence. Would "repelling invasion" be an effective defense in court?

(P.S. No, I have no intention of doing such a thing, I'm lots closer to the Canadian border than the Mexican)

Sounds like a homicide.:scrutiny:

G36-UK
January 24, 2006, 03:17 PM
Can't do it. The Minutemen would be arrested for unlawfully detaining an individual. Hold them at bay with a gun and you go to jail for agrevated assault.

In fact, I asked 2 Border Patrol agents that same question. When I called them to come pick up a guy I found they gave me that exact answer. Said I had no right to detain or use a gun to detain them. They have rights. I said so do I. The right to protect this country from invasion. They said take it up with the DA.

:cuss:

Sorry to hear about that, bud. What happened?

trueblue1776
January 24, 2006, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a homicide.:scrutiny:
sounds like those north Korean butt-puppets who get drunk and take pot shots at my boys on duty every couple mo.

longrifleman
January 24, 2006, 04:47 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48485
_
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
INVASION USA
Texas border standoff with Mexican military
Foreign personnel mount machine guns on U.S. side while helping drug smugglers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 24, 2006
2:50 p.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Texas law enforcement officers and Border Patrol agents engaged in an armed standoff with Mexican military personnel and drug smugglers just inside the United States along the Rio Grande yesterday afternoon.

According to a report in the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., both Texas law enforcement and the FBI stated nearly 30 American agents were part of the incident.

Chief Deputy Mike Doyal of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department told the paper Mexican military Humvees were towing what appeared to be thousands of pounds of marijuana across the border into the United States.

Border Patrol agents called for backup after seeing that Mexican Army troops had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border – near Neely's Crossing, about 50 miles east of El Paso.

Doyal said Hudspeth County deputies and Texas Highway patrol officers arrived shortly afterward.

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal told the Bulletin. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

Andrea Simmons, a spokeswoman with the FBI's El Paso office, confirmed the incident, saying, "Bad guys in three vehicles ended up on the border. People with Humvees, who appeared to be with the Mexican army, were involved with the three vehicles in getting them back across."

A Cadillac Escalade reportedly stolen from El Paso was captured, and U.S. officers found 1,477 pounds of marijuana inside.

The Mexican soldiers set fire to one of the Humvees stuck in the river, Doyal indicated.

Doyal emphasized Border Patrol agents and county deputies are not equipped for battle with military personnel.

"Our government has to do something," he told the Bulletin. "It's not the immigrants coming over for jobs we're worried about. It's the smugglers, Mexican military and the national threat to our borders that we're worried about."

Earlier this month, the Department of Homeland Security reported 216 incursions by Mexican soldiers during the past 10 years.

As WorldNetDaily reported, federal officials last week said Border Patrol and other federal agents working chronic drug-smuggling routes along the U.S. boundary with Mexico could be targets for retaliation by well-armed cartels from south of the Rio Grande, after a new enforcement push has dramatically curbed the importation of contraband.

"I do think we have to be prepared for the fact that as we press hard on these criminal organizations, some of them will want to fight back," Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told reporters.

Mexican officials last week denied their military was making incursions into the United States.

[/QUOTE]

Sindawe
January 24, 2006, 05:03 PM
President Bush has a plan to deal with this kind of fiasco, and its proceeding as designed.

Fred Fuller
January 24, 2006, 05:14 PM
Well heck, they already HAD someone start aninternational incident- by bringing an armed convoy loaded with contraband into CONUS. The international incident was ALREADY STARTED- it just wasn't FINISHED.

Cowards... quislings... traitors.

lpl/nc

wingman
January 24, 2006, 05:15 PM
The question is does this administration want to do anything about drugs
coming across, if not don't put officers lives in danger just flag the loads
thru. If they do wish to stop it call in armed copters not more guys with
pistols.:banghead:

Rusher
January 24, 2006, 05:19 PM
[Bad german accent on] Verrrrrry interesting [Bad german accent off]

fourays2
January 24, 2006, 05:24 PM
so does this administrations lack of action on this mean that the war on (some) drugs is over?

mordechaianiliewicz
January 24, 2006, 05:32 PM
Look, it would be great if this was just a one time thing, we could talk to the mexicans and see why they had crossed over but this has happened 200 times.

That constitutes a problm.

I remember hearing the mexican consolate say it may be drug runners disguised to look like mex military. If that is so, they wouldn't mind if we took out the garbage.

RaetherEnt
January 24, 2006, 05:38 PM
You know, I have to tell you guys...I am so sick and fricking tired of hearing about this sh*t and nothing being done about it!!! "A well regulated Militia..." could not possibly ring more true than right now. If the government won't do it...God Bless The Minutemen!

docfubar
January 24, 2006, 05:39 PM
Tuesday, January 24, 2006

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas — Men dressed as Mexican Army soldiers, apparent drug suspects and Texas law enforcement officers faced off near the U.S.-Mexican border after three suspicious SUVs attempted to flee state authorities, officials said Tuesday.

Andrea Simmons, an agency spokeswoman in El Paso, told The Associated Press that Texas Department of Public Safety troopers chased three SUVs, believing they were carrying drugs, to the banks of the Rio Grande during Monday's incident.

Men dressed in Mexican military uniforms or camouflage were on the U.S. side of the border in Texas, she said.

Simmons said the FBI was not involved and referred requests for further details to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reported Tuesday that the incident included an armed standoff involving the Mexican military and suspected drug smugglers. The incident follows a story in the Bulletin on Jan. 15 that said the Mexican military had crossed into the United States more than 200 times since 1996.

In a news conference, Rick Glancey of the Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition, said three Hudspeth County deputies and at least two Texas Department of Public Safety troopers squared off against at least 10 heavily armed men from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande.

U.S. officials who pursued three fleeing SUVs to the Mexican border saw what appeared to be a Mexican military Humvee help one of the SUVs when it got stuck in the river, he said.

When that didn't work, a group of men dressed in civilian clothes started unloading what appeared to be bundles of marijuana from the SUV, and the stuck vehicle was then torched, he said. A second SUV had a flat tire and was left behind in the United States and its occupant ran across the border, he said.

Glancey said he could not confirm whether the armed men seen at the site were Mexican Army, police officers, or drug dealers, and would not detail what markings deputies may have seen on the men's uniforms or the Humvee.

Chief Deputy Mike Doyal of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department said that Mexican army personnel had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border, the Daily Bulletin newspaper reported earlier.

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal said. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West, whose officers were involved in a similar incident last year, said he is certain that Mexican authorities know who was involved.

After the newspaper reported on Mexican military crossings earlier this month, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the report was overblown and most of the incursions were just mistakes.

In eastern California, Arizona and New Mexico, the U.S.-Mexico border is largely unmarked. But in Texas, the Rio Grande separates the two countries and even when dry, is a riverbed about 200 feet wide.

In November, Doyal said Border Patrol agents in the border town of Fort Hancock called for help after confronting more than six men dressed in Mexican military uniforms. The men allegedly were trying to bring more than three tons of marijuana across the Rio Grande, Doyal told the newspaper

Link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182650,00.html

Sindawe
January 24, 2006, 05:41 PM
so does this administrations lack of action on this mean that the war on (some) drugs is over?Of course not silly, there is FAR too much money to be made in the seizure and forfeiture of drug customers currency, assests and real property. And don't forget all the hard working, "honest" DEA and narcotics agents who would be thrown out of work if it did end. Along with all the prison construction work, the lawyers and judges who'd have no cases, the prison guards who'd have no one to guard, etc, etc...

Besides, those hard working drug runners are just doing the job that Americans don't want to do.

Drysdale
January 24, 2006, 05:45 PM
You know, I have to tell you guys...I am so sick and fricking tired of hearing about this sh*t and nothing being done about it!!! "A well regulated Militia..." could not possibly ring more true than right now. If the government won't do it...God Bless The Minutemen!

The Minutemen won't do a darn thing about this. All they'll do is call the Border Patrol, who'll sit there, thumbs firmly inserted.

Biker
January 24, 2006, 05:46 PM
Personally, I believe that this is part of Jorge Bush's plan. We're becoming acclimated. The illegals were the tip of the spearhead, and now...???
This administration is putting the Border Patrol, and many citizens, in harm's way due to its inaction, its tacit approval of this invasion. Yet, many will give Bush a pass because he's a Republican. Ya gotta wonder...
Biker:rolleyes:

Sindawe
January 24, 2006, 05:48 PM
This administration is putting the Border Patrol, and many citizens, in harm's way due to its inaction, its tacit approval of this invasion. Yet, many will give Bush a pass because he's a Republican. Ya gotta wonder...
Yes, ya do. Wonder just how frelling tasty IS that Kool-Aid.:confused:

rock jock
January 24, 2006, 05:51 PM
Andrea Simmons, a spokeswoman with the FBI's El Paso office, confirmed the incident, saying, "Bad guys in three vehicles ended up on the border. People with Humvees, who appeared to be with the Mexican army, were involved with the three vehicles in getting them back across."
Folks, you lap this kind of garbage up w/o question. Incredible. Stop and think for moment. Assuming this were true, do you really think a spokeperson from the FBI is going to call any Mexican Army regulars "bad guys?" Regardless of any poilitcal issues involved, do you really think the FBI is going speculate on the organization or nationality of any suspects in any LE confrontation without absolute concrete proof, much less one possibly involving an international incident??

This article is worthy of The Onion.

Lennyjoe
January 24, 2006, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear about that, bud. What happened

I was out scouting for places to hunt Whitetail deer near the border and a guy comes out of nowhere and asks me to call the Border Patrol cause he was tired of walking. I did as he asked and waited for them to arrive. We talked a bit and he said he had family in Phoenix. Got caught about 3 weeks ago and was sent back to Mexico. Decided to give it another try to get to his family but age was catching up to him and he couldnt walk across the desert like before.

When the BP showed up I asked them some questions (posted above).

Byron Quick
January 24, 2006, 05:53 PM
Uh, guys? I hate to tell you this but this stuff has been happening for decades. Under the hawkish Republicans and the dovish Democrats. It's nothing new. Just one more time into the breech for the Mexican drug traffickers-uh-Army.

Minutemen-sminutemen. If the Minutemen go up against beltfed machineguns with longarms...guess what? Now if some crack shots with the right rifles and the right hides can get into position against these guys that would be a different story. But going up against beltfeds with personal longarms is something that WWI taught people was a Bad Thing. Disparity of force issue.

A-10's would be good. Two or three times and you wouldn't see Mexican Army escorts on this side of the border anymore.

Minuteman leader,"We've got to charge the machineguns, follow me!"

Minuteman followers,"Who's we, kimosabe?"

Biker
January 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
Folks, you lap this kind of garbage up w/o question. Incredible. Stop and think for moment. Assuming this were true, do you really think a spokeperson from the FBI is going to call any Mexican Army regulars "bad guys?" Regardless of any poilitcal issues involved, do you really think the FBI is going speculate on the organization or nationality of any suspects in any LE confrontation without absolute concrete proof, much less one possibly involving an international incident??

You may or may not be right concerning this article, but I doubt that The Onion is responsible for the reporting on the other 200 or so incursions.
Whadaya think?
Biker

Manedwolf
January 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
President Bush has a plan to deal with this kind of fiasco, and its proceeding as designed.

Yeah. Open the borders wide, let everyone in, give them assistance, jobs, greencards, and all the legal help they want.

RaetherEnt
January 24, 2006, 05:59 PM
Is it time for a Million Gun March...to the border? I'm in. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

JJpdxpinkpistols
January 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
[URL="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48485"]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?

Its clear that the border is a HUGE issue. I think it might be time to just end the War on {certain kinds of} Drugs. Money has clearly influenced and corrupted the civil government on their side of the border, and my guess is that a certain degree of that has happened on our side of the border as well. Deflate that WO{cko}D and we remove a good chunk of that corruption.

I am unsure how we can force the other side to go against what is clearly in THEIR best interest...unless we want a nice shooting war with our neightbors to the south.

JJpdxpinkpistols
January 24, 2006, 06:11 PM

Look...THIS website is a nutjob website. Plain and simple. Published by a nutbar in that news-hub called Grants Pass, Oregon. (no offense, GP'ers...nice town, but its not exactly a hub of international intrigue and newsmakers).

However, go to the orginal article:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_3430815/

and you will find other corroboration:

http://lang.dailybulletin.com/projects/video/012406_interview.wmv including videos from MSNBC, etc.

Sad to say, but if I want to get any sort of factual basis for dang near anything, I have to check 3 or 4 sources of info. Is the same info on Fox/CNN/MSNBC/CSM? If so, it's probably a fact.

Beware sites like "randi rhodes" or newmax or worldnetdaily or thenation. Tho they *may* have fact, its mixed in with pure, tasty bullstuff along with.

-------------

"i like news. Raw news. Filthy news. Real news. Not news with whipped cream, cherries, and a healthy slice of opinion on the side." -- me, about 4 minutes ago.

odysseus
January 24, 2006, 07:04 PM
sounds like those north Korean butt-puppets who get drunk and take pot shots at my boys on duty every couple mo.

And the Korean DMZ has what in common with this? Let's not belittle what the Korean War was about...

Wynterbourne
January 24, 2006, 07:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060124/ap_on_re_us/mexico_border_crossing;_ylt=AtEKv9ZMusHNJ5w2UzaIOjOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

Official Details Texas-Mexico Standoff By ALICIA A. CALDWELL, Associated Press Writer

2 hours, 44 minutes ago

Texas law enforcement officers faced off with men dressed as Mexican Army soldiers and apparent drug suspects near the U.S.-Mexican border Tuesday, after three SUVs attempted to flee state authorities, officials said.

Andrea Simmons, an agency spokeswoman in El Paso, told The Associated Press that Texas Department of Public Safety troopers chased three SUVs, believing they were carrying drugs, to the banks of the Rio Grande during Monday's incident.

Men dressed in Mexican military uniforms or camouflage were on the U.S. side of the border in Texas, she said.

Simmons said the FBI was not involved and referred requests for further details to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reported Tuesday that the incident included an armed standoff involving the Mexican military and suspected drug smugglers. The incident follows a story in the Bulletin on Jan. 15 that said the Mexican military had crossed into the United States more than 200 times since 1996.

In a news conference, Rick Glancey of the Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition, said three Hudspeth County deputies and at least two Texas Department of Public Safety troopers squared off against at least 10 heavily armed men from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande.

U.S. officials who pursued three fleeing SUVs to the Mexican border saw what appeared to be a Mexican military Humvee help one of the SUVs when it got stuck in the river, he said.

When that didn't work, a group of men dressed in civilian clothes started unloading what appeared to be bundles of marijuana from the SUV, and the stuck vehicle was then torched, he said. A second SUV had a flat tire and was left behind in the United States and its occupant ran across the border, he said.

Glancey said he could not confirm whether the armed men seen at the site were Mexican Army, police officers, or drug dealers, and would not detail what markings deputies may have seen on the men's uniforms or the Humvee.

Chief Deputy Mike Doyal of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department said that Mexican army personnel had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border, the Daily Bulletin newspaper reported earlier.

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal said. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West, whose officers were involved in a similar incident last year, said he is certain that Mexican authorities know who was involved.

After the newspaper reported on Mexican military crossings earlier this month, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the report was overblown and most of the incursions were just mistakes.

In eastern California, Arizona and New Mexico, the U.S.-Mexico border is largely unmarked. But in Texas, the Rio Grande separates the two countries and even when dry, is a riverbed about 200 feet wide.

In November, Doyal said Border Patrol agents in the border town of Fort Hancock called for help after confronting more than six men dressed in Mexican military uniforms. The men allegedly were trying to bring more than three tons of marijuana across the Rio Grande, Doyal told the newspaper.

Jim Diver
January 24, 2006, 07:59 PM
This crap must END!!!

The .gov types are unwilling to defend us, then other action must be taken to end these acts of war. Be it pot smuggling or mexican troops off course, this cannot be tollerated or allowed to continue.

JJpdxpinkpistols
January 24, 2006, 08:00 PM
MSNBC doing a story right now re: Federales crossing the border. Incursion at 3PM TODAY confirmed by FBI!! Another damned good reason not to give up our guns, Sounds like we'll have to defend ourselves since Jorge's boys won't!

DANGIT!

Stop that Bob!

No more articles from that leftist communist sympathizing newsprogram!

Cant you find something unbiased for a change? Like Newsmaxx or Worldnetdaily?

Shees :rolleyes:

Standing Wolf
January 24, 2006, 08:08 PM
It's just occurred to me to wonder: what if Jorge Bush doesn't really have a plan, after all?

Jim Diver
January 24, 2006, 08:13 PM
Our .gov's inaction is not suprising when you realize that a full 10% of Mexico's citizens live inside the USA!!!

Since the .gov won't act, and ICE is not capable of dealing with the situation, I think it is time to ramp up the MM project and either start detaining the illegals and military as they cross or even more drastic action.

Jim Diver
January 24, 2006, 08:22 PM
Watch this video!!!

http://lang.dailybulletin.com/projects/video/012406_interview.wmv

Rusher
January 24, 2006, 08:34 PM
I found it funny that MS/NBC were using video from that racist vigilante group the minutemen.....I guess it's OK when they use it to say it's all bush's fault

longeyes
January 24, 2006, 08:43 PM
Don't worry. Soon the Mexican military will qualify as guest workers. Problem solved. Congress and the President have a plan.

longeyes
January 24, 2006, 08:49 PM
Narco-economics is good business. Ask the 47 Families in Mexico and Yet-Unenumerated Families in the U.S. Ask the big banks that do the laundering and the politicos that take the cash for campaigns.

Folks, we're just bystanders. That's what it means to be a U.S. citizen these days.

Old Fuff
January 24, 2006, 09:09 PM
Official Details Texas-Mexico Standoff
By ALICIA A. CALDWELL (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press

January 24, 2006 4:05 PM EST

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas - Texas law enforcement officers faced off with men dressed as Mexican Army soldiers and apparent drug suspects near the U.S.-Mexican border Tuesday, after three SUVs attempted to flee state authorities, officials said.

In November, Doyal said Border Patrol agents in the border town of Fort Hancock called for help after confronting more than six men dressed in Mexican military uniforms. The men allegedly were trying to bring more than three tons of marijuana across the Rio Grande, Doyal told the newspaper.
http://enews.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20060124/43d5b450_3421_1334520060124-182026474

=======================================================

Now don’t anyone get upset. Our border with Mexico is completely secure because those in Washington have assured us that this is the case. They are patrolling the border with heavily armed carrier pigeons that quickly report any signs of illegal activity. So you can all sleep well tonight … :cuss: :banghead:

gc70
January 24, 2006, 09:21 PM
An AP story (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/24/mexico.border.ap/index.html) is on CNN's website.

RocketMan
January 24, 2006, 09:59 PM
How can you have a War on Drugs without drugs? The Mexican Army is just doing their part to support the WoD.

Reno
January 24, 2006, 10:34 PM
I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't come to serious violence yet. I keep wondering (hoping, really) how much longer it'll be, but it just keeps simmering with no boil.

jeepmor
January 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
make the Bush administation appear incompetent.

The Bush Administration has done plenty on it's to PROVE their incompetence, particularly GW and Cheney, they don't need any help.

jeepmor

Bob F.
January 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't come to serious violence yet. I keep wondering (hoping, really) how much longer it'll be, but it just keeps simmering with no boil.

Didn't "bean-field rifles" originate in Texas? Probably wouldn't even need a "Ghillie suit" to drop a Federale and have them burn up a couple thousand rounds in response. Ought to get somebody's attention!

Stay safe (and up North)
Bob

longeyes
January 25, 2006, 01:05 PM

The "violence" is elsewhere. In our streets. In our banks. In the barrios in Mejico. This is an entire sub-culture of violence. When we start trading shots it will be the endphase.

Biker
January 25, 2006, 01:12 PM
Longeyes nailed it. The violence is going on everywhere. If you live in a nice neighborhood, you may not be aware of it, but it's coming your way.
Biker

tellner
January 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
And another...

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8601B2BD-728F-4DCE-A6C2-4B84CE5F2955

Men in Mexican Army Uniforms Confront Texas Lawmen

(SIERRA BLANCA, TEXAS) -- Local lawmen in remote west Texas came face to face with ten armed men wearing what appeared to be Mexican army camouflage uniforms who came to the aid of one of three suspected drug dealers' vehicles when it became stuck in the riverbank of the Rio Grande, law enforcement officials said today.

The incident happened in Hudspeth County, east of El Paso, yesterday, Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez, Jr, chairman of the Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition, told 1200 WOAI news.

Gonzalez says it started when Hudspeth County deputies and Texas State Police officers spotted three vehicles they suspected were transporting drugs south of Sierra Blanca, not far from the Rio Grande.

"They followed the vehicles," Gonzalez said. "One of the vehicles had a blowout, and 1400 pounds of marijuana was found in that vehicle. The driver absconded back into Mexico. The other two vehicles headed towards the riverbank. One of them crossed back into Mexico, and the third got stuck in the riverbed.

"At that time, officers saw several persons clad in BDU uniforms, BDU clothing, on this side of the river, in what appeared to be a Humvee type vehicle with what officers thought was a fifty caliber machine gun. The load of marijuana was unloaded by the persons in these uniforms and the vehicle was then set on fire."

'BDU' or 'Battle Dress Uniform' is the military term for what civilians call 'camouflage.'

Gonzalez says the men in the SUV and the uniformed men 'went back towards Mexico.'

Agent Andrea Simmons of the FBI in El Paso told 1200 WOAI news the bureau is 'aware' of the incident but is not investigating.

"At this point no federal laws that we investigate were violated," she said. "We are not involved."

Gonzalez says this is 'not an isolated incident.'

"If you don't live along the river, if you don't live in this area, you don't know what's happening here," he said.

Gonzalez elaborated on several similar incidents which have happened along the Texas Mexico border recently, all involving men wearing what appeared to be Army uniforms armed with automatic weapons, who appeared to be helping drug smugglers.

"These incidents are happening," he said.

The Mexican government is downplaying the incidents, and has said the men involved are not Mexican soldiers.

"When you see a Humvee vehicle with a fifty caliber machine gun on it, this leads you to believe this is not a vehicle being used by the drug lords, but in fact is part of the Mexican military. I think of course the Mexican government knows about this."

He says it would be highly unlikely that the men did not know they were in the United States.

"There is a river here. It is not possible not to know you have crossed the river and are in the United States," he said.

belton-deer-hunter
January 25, 2006, 03:23 PM
the weay i see it it is only a few days away from the boiling point now i have been telling people aobut this for months now and no one believed me until now. i think that the drug dealers in uniform is part of a plan to keep the public calm and that it really wasthe millitary and that they will do it again and some one will fire and when they do it will be over quickly house to house street to street and i know i will do my part to defend mt peice of earth

numbertwentynine
January 25, 2006, 05:10 PM
why were the drugs being taken into mexico? don't they usually want to bring the stuff into our country where there are people with money to buy it?

Old Fuff
January 25, 2006, 05:55 PM
When bringing drugs (and a load may literally be worth a million dollars or more) into to the United States, they try to avoid any contact with our authorities. But if that happens and they are still close to the border, they'll withdraw back into Mexico and move the load back on a better day. It's during the withdrawing part that shooting is most likely to occur.

benEzra
January 25, 2006, 06:15 PM
why were the drugs being taken into mexico? don't they usually want to bring the stuff into our country where there are people with money to buy it?
The SUV was fleeing from Texas law enforcement at the time. As I understand the situation from an NPR report today, TLEO's had just busted another Escalade carrying hundreds of pounds of drugs, and another one made a run for the border to try to get back across (and get away, without having the drugs confiscated). The fleeing SUV got stuck trying to ford a river and the uniformed military/paramilitary in question arrived in a military vehicle, flanked the stuck SUV, and unloaded the drugs into the Humvee.

longeyes
January 25, 2006, 06:34 PM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

We have a President who won't take on Saudi Arabia and won't take on Mexico.

All this could get way ugly way fast.

wingman
January 25, 2006, 06:47 PM
We have a President who won't take on Saudi Arabia and won't take on Mexico.

Remember to bring America into the global economy we need third world labor,
education, products, no medical benefits, no pensions, just as our founding
fathers wanted.:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican soldiers crossing the U.S. border (merged multiple threads)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!