good (affordable) range ammo for Sig 220ST

PDA

dadof6
January 21, 2006, 07:53 PM
Greetings,

New member here. Been seeing this site come up all the time while doing searches for various questions. And now I am posting one of my own!

I have a Sig 220ST that I bought about 2 years ago. I have probably 1300 or so rounds through it. I have been using Remington UMC 230's in it for a while 'cause I can get them on sale at Dicks for $10/box every few weeks. However, I just don't seem to get the kind of accuracy that I think the 220 is capable of. I know some of it is me. However, I recently used some handloaded all lead bullets from a friend, which were loaded a little lighter than the UMC and I had the kind of accuracy I know the 220 is capable of. To illustrate, with UMC, I can put most/all my rounds within a 5" circle at 12 yrds. With the handloaded stuff, I put two 8 rnders in a 1.5" ragged hole at the same distance.

I know the 220 is not a tack driver, but I and it can do better than 5". So I'm wondering, aside from starting my own handloading, is there any affordable range ammo that runs well in the 220? Recognizing that each gun is different. Just thought I could save a little time and money by learning from others.

Thanks for your assistance.

If you enjoyed reading about "good (affordable) range ammo for Sig 220ST" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "good (affordable) range ammo for Sig 220ST" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!