Text changes??

PDA

Edward429451
April 10, 2003, 11:33 AM
I was reading THR the other day and my screen flashed a few times and now all the print is in bold. I don't mind, its actually kinda nice. I can read it without my contacts in now. I just wondered if it was something you guys did or just my computer freaking out on me. Other boards don't come across in bold so it almost had to be you guys...

If you enjoyed reading about "Text changes??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
April 10, 2003, 06:48 PM
Edward,

Try this: hold down your ctrl key while spinning the wheel on your mouse.

(Ha -- I'm assuming you have a mouse with a wheel, and are using IE ... but I betcha that's what happened.)

pax

Edward429451
April 11, 2003, 09:46 AM
Wow pax, thats exactly what it was. Thanks. Weird how it only effected THR though. Every other site seemed to be normal for me.:D

pax
April 11, 2003, 02:07 PM
Glad it was that simple. :)

Dunno why it only affected THR. I'm sure one of the computer geeks around here could give you a reason -- something to do with opening & closing windows in a particular order? Me, I always figure the computer is demon-possessed and if it does something I wanted it to do, it was purely a mistake on the demon's part.

I know what you mean about seeing it without contacts in. I keep my browser set to a larger font on purpose, mostly because I don't like having to squint at the screen. It really burned me when I realized that the usual print size got smaller as my reward for upgrading to a bigger monitor. Nice to know there's an override.

pax

My face in the mirror isn't wrinkled or drawn.
My house isn't dirty. The cobwebs are gone.
My garden looks lovely and so does my lawn.
I think I might never put my glasses back on.
-- Source Unknown

Edward429451
April 11, 2003, 03:08 PM
went to a couple other sites and it did indeed effect those too. It just wasn't readily apparent like it was on THR. Thanks for the tip!

If you enjoyed reading about "Text changes??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!