Gunsmoke at EOT

PDA

Braz
April 10, 2003, 12:44 PM
The World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting is this weekend, out to Norco. :) End of Trail.

Lots'a black powder smoke and cowboy fun to be had. The side matches include Precision Rifle, Shooting Gallery, Fastest Gun In The West, Cowboy Sporting Clays, and Plainsman. They even hold mounted shooting stages. I hope to find some leather at one of the vendors. It'll be a kick to see 1000 well heeled cowboys and cowgirls in one camp.

http://www.sassnet.com/eotdocs/EOTTOC.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunsmoke at EOT" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DCR
April 11, 2003, 11:02 AM
There was talk a while back of somebody setting up a remote weblink to watch EOT - did it ever materialize? Will there be any film crews for shows there? Just got my Chronicle last night and haven't had a chance to read it to see if there was any news....

Braz
April 11, 2003, 11:52 PM
Hidy DCR,

There was several film crews there today. One was perched in front of SASS hq and Phil Spanginburger (sp) was giving an interview as I passed. I picked up some nifty leather and got the hots for a American Western Arms '73 Peacemaker. Fit and finish was superior to the Colts on hand, and the equal of Cimarrons, Ubertis, etc, imo.

I also lusted after a '73 Carbine with an action job that was 'budda'. The same smith had slicked up a Norinco M97 pump that had folks in awe. That lil' shotgun cycled faster than any I've ever seen. It was good to be surrounded by hats, spurs and guns. Polite bunch'a folks, but with a wicked sense of humor. ;)

DCR
April 14, 2003, 10:26 AM
Braz -

I am most envious!! Someday, I'll be in a position to get down there - whether as a shooter or an attendee, it doesn't matter.

Glad to know AWA is putting out quality; may have to look into one soon. I was thinking of just waiting until my RV wore out, but we know that won't happen soon, so I may just take the plunge.

A slick Norinco 97? Wow... never thought I'd hear those words in the same sentence :D . Must be a heckuva smith.

Glad you had fun and thanks for the update!

DCR
Abogado - SASS 36181

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunsmoke at EOT" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!