EMF Hartford Ejecter Housing Problem

PDA

shootist2121
April 10, 2003, 02:29 PM
I have a problem that occured last night. While shooting my EMF hartford (357 cal.) with standard 38's the ejecter housing flew off.
It appears that the stud the housing is attached via a screw separated from the barrel. It appears that the stud is only epoxy in.
Can I re epoxy it?..or should I have it soldered..Or does someone have a better solution?

If you enjoyed reading about "EMF Hartford Ejecter Housing Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
April 11, 2003, 12:26 AM
I would suggest returning it to the importer except that they would probably put it on the same way and it might come off again.

That stud can be silver soldered on, but doing so could hurt the blue, so you should take it to a shop that can fix the stud and the reblue the barrel if necessary. One place you could try is Cylinder and Slide (www.cylinder-slide.com).

Another way is to do away with the bushing entirely. That .38 barrel should be thick enough to allow drilling a hole into it directly(unlike a .45 barrel) with 4-5 screw threads, which should be enough. Talk to your gunsmith, or the C-S people.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "EMF Hartford Ejecter Housing Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!