HK USP Compact .45

PDA

Jack19
January 23, 2006, 10:40 PM
Anyone have one? What are your impressions?

Where's the best place to buy magazines?

http://www.hkpro.com/usp45c.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USP Compact .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
waterhouse
January 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
CDNN had some mags a couple months ago, you might want to try them.

I've got one, and it works fine, no problems. It doesn't fit my hand perfectly, so I don't shoot it a ton . . . I mainly bought it to suppress once my barrel gets in from Jarvis and the gov't clears my paperwork (I got it used for a really good price and wanted a little brother for the Tac.)

If it fits your hand, its a pretty good gun. What are you planning on using it for? I've got other guns that are better for carry, and other guns that are better at the range, but it's not a bad size for a carry/home defense/range gun, if you need one gun to do all three. It is closer to most manufactuer's "mid size" guns instead of truly being compact.

Unisaw
January 24, 2006, 01:20 AM
I have one that I like a lot. It is my primary carry weapon because it is 100% reliable. The ergonomics are quite good for me but YMMV. It is hard to find spare magazines with the flat base, but I just bought 2 magazines with extended bases from CDNN for $20 each.

Jack19
January 24, 2006, 02:08 AM
Thanks guys, I just ordered an extra mag from CDNN.

I picked the HK up today and want to make it an alternative CCW weapon to my Glock 19.

I'm not a huge fan of the 1911 platform, having never had one that was reliable, without extra work, from any of the manufacturers.

I wanted an out-of-the-box reliable .45 that could be carried in condition 1 and this seems like a good compromise between capacity and size.

DAVE RICHARDS
January 24, 2006, 03:41 AM
I love my H&K .45 USPc. I got it on a trade in. The only reason I got it was it was one of the few compact .45's I haven't owned. It's totally reliable, a tack driver, and built like a tank. The more I've shot it the more I've come to love it. I think it will outshoot and outlast most guns made. Mines sitting next to me right now.

NineseveN
January 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
I wear mine daily, that's about the highest endorsement you can get from me. :D

gudel
January 24, 2006, 03:52 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the 1911 platform, having never had one that was reliable, without extra work, from any of the manufacturers.

hot damn, I thought I'm the only one. There are others! :p

Anyone have one?

I don't have the Compact, but I have the full size 45, and 3 others HK.

Inline_6
January 24, 2006, 04:06 PM
I love my USP45C. It is a daily companion during warm weather... or at least it was until I bought my Para P12. Now the P12 will be my warm weather gun. But, that is not a reflection on the HK. The Para's (a P14 is my cold weather gun) fit my hand like they were designed specifically for me.

The HK is a great weapon and will serve you well. Have a holster for it yet? I recommend the McDaniel II from Andrews Leather. You will forget you are wearing a gun with it (among it's many other attributes).

http://andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm

Jack19
January 24, 2006, 04:47 PM
hot damn, I thought I'm the only one. There are others! :p

Nope, you're not the only one. The stories I could tell you about my experiences with 1911s. Kimber, Colt, Springfield, yadayadayada.

My favourite was a Colt XSE that had the sights (front and back) literally fall off after shooting it for the first time. Blagh! Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a 1911 bashing thread.

I really like my new HK. Being able to carry a .45 cocked and locked in something other than a 1911 opens up a whole new world for me. I've been carrying 9mms for 25 years; first the BPH then a Glock 19, both of which I love. After having a forced change of career, I gave up carrying two spare 9mm mags and I'd taken to using one of the after market 17 rounders for the BHP and the G17 mag with the G19 and then not carrying a spare mag.

My interest in the .45 was rekindled the other day when I saw the HK in the case at my local dealers. To carry 17 rounds I have to carry a spare mag again, but it seems worth the trouble.

what'sKOCHin?
January 24, 2006, 10:24 PM
I have 4 H&K USP's and like them all for different reasons. My compact is a .40 and then I have two standard USP's, one in .40 the other 9mm, and a .45 Tactical. They seem to fit my hand perfectly... a personal issue. Than said, I have never had one malfunction in any of them, no stove pipes, no nothing. I did add pachmyr grips with the finger holds to a couple of them and I find them comfortable. The only issue I have with the USP is the tactical rail is a "non standard" size, so if you want to add a light, you have to use the H&K unit, and they ain't cheap. The newer P2000 has a standardized rail, so you have a lot of choices availabe for lights, lasers, etc.

Have fun!

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USP Compact .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!