I am now a Fed ....

PDA

falconer
April 10, 2003, 07:20 PM
sort of.

I was offered an internship with the U.S. Probation Office here in Columbus. I start next week. I'll either be helping with supervision or with pre-sentence investigation. WEEE!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "I am now a Fed ...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Rojo
April 10, 2003, 07:28 PM
PSI! That is always fun. I work at the Federal Institution in Taft and those PSI's are pretty detailed and sometimes quite interesting. They also expose you to some vile criminals that ought not waste any more of the good people's oxygen.

falconer
April 10, 2003, 07:47 PM
oh yea, forgot to add. Coronach's letter of recommendation was most helpful, thanks Mike!

10-Ring
April 10, 2003, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the new gig! :D

blades67
April 10, 2003, 09:06 PM
Good luck.

TheBluesMan
April 12, 2003, 10:51 PM
Congratulations on the new gig, Tom. Sure gotta beat the last time you worked in "security." :rolleyes:

What exactly do you mean by "supervision?" Do you go armed?

-Dave

P.S. If you need me to forge Mike's signature on some fake dept. letterhead again, just let me know... ;) :D

firestar
April 12, 2003, 11:27 PM
Note to self, watch what I say around falconer.:scrutiny:

hksw
April 12, 2003, 11:39 PM
Congrats Tom.

JeremyIA
April 12, 2003, 11:47 PM
In God We Trust....All Others We Investigate

http://www.wood.army.mil/usamps/resources/clipart/images/Guissed%20MP%20Badge.bmp

Atticus
April 13, 2003, 12:29 AM
Tom...I need to visit my mother in another state over Easter. I'll check in before I go.:D Congrats!

Blueduck
April 13, 2003, 01:37 AM
Congrats!

I'm a PO in Missouri and know a couple of folks who have moved on to the Fed level. In our state it's a big move up in pay but in Ohio (where I assume your at) the state level folks make pretty decent money too.

On the Federal levels as I understand it the Probation and Parole officers mostly carry (depending on district) and have power of arrest while the Pre-Trial officers don't do either. In Ohio Parole officers may carry but Probation officers may or may not depending on local rules.

And yep PSI's can be fun. I got to do one on the former Sheriff of our county one time:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "I am now a Fed ...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!