What are other countries saying ???

PDA

Reddog1
January 26, 2006, 05:28 PM
Has anyone out there heard anything that other goverments are saying about
our problems on our southern bordor, Are we the only ones that care ?
Heard a statement lastnite ( at the local bar,) that no one else in the world
gives a hoot, and the U.S.of A. was on its own. Got me thinking, if this is true, why should the people of this country give a darn about anyone else?
Don't know:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "What are other countries saying ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lucky
January 26, 2006, 06:09 PM
Up here people only see the, well, softer side of it, so most seem to say the usual talking points.

But a few years ago when a ship full of Chinese immigrants washed up on the shore our own media had a different spin, they were relocated to a prison-like facility where they were given access to medical treatments and fed and clothed, but they were essentially in jail. THEN people agreed that there are rules, and these people broke them. Furthermore it is the people who were smuggling them that were worse criminals, because they were going to make them become slaves or such. The whole enterprise was illegal and basically immoral.

Immigrants who follow the rules would resent people budging in line, and citizens resent incursions. Me, and those close to me, view it as, "It makes more sense to do humanitarian stuff in your own country before looking abroad."

david_the_greek
January 26, 2006, 07:41 PM
there are those that care but then again has anyone here signed petitions or done anything about turks flooding germany? or albanians developing whore houses and a thriving sex trade through Europe. It is primarily an internal affair, illegal imigrants coming over or borders isn't an issue thats really going to come up in europe because it doesn't hurt or help them. its our news for the most part

Standing Wolf
January 26, 2006, 10:56 PM
Actually, Mexico does quite a zealous job of protecting its own southern border.

If you enjoyed reading about "What are other countries saying ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!