Glock Gods-Whats It Worth Advice

PDA

bass806
January 28, 2006, 05:46 PM
Hello from a rookie member:
I hope this is an appropropriate post here. I need some expert advice so I don't get hosed at the dealer. I'm getting ready to trade my Glock 35 in on a new 34. I want the 9mm for IDPA. My gun is truly 99%, NRA exc. No marks, scratches, etc. 250-300 rds. fired thru it. I have 2 factory 10 rd mags. I have applied the Decal Grips to it, but this could be removed easily. Factory adj. target sites. It truly looks new. I don't have the factory box. What can I expect to get in trade or sell it for locally. I have even contemplated listing it here online, but I don't really know what to start at. I know the dealers will always try to low ball at first, but I want the 34 ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Gods-Whats It Worth Advice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WillBrayJr
January 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
Between $450.00-$475.00 if you sold it, Around $375.00 if you traded it in. Sell it online if you can, just make sure you know someone that will ship it.

P95Carry
January 28, 2006, 08:56 PM
Moving this - more Glock Gods in Autoloaders! ;) :)

glocker1911
January 28, 2006, 10:41 PM
The ten rounders will "hurt" you a little. I would think more like $425 to 450 on a private sale. I can buy a clean used one at my favorite dealer with 17 rounders for around $460 on a cash deal, so I would want to beat that (adding in my sale tax savings, of course) if I were going to buy from an individual. Good luck.

Joe D
January 29, 2006, 08:49 AM
Keep the G35. It is a much more versatile gun than the G34. It also shoots softer with proper reloads. If you don't reload start. It is easy and cheap. I bought a G34 before I owned a G35. The G35 is my favorite Glock.

Onmilo
January 29, 2006, 01:42 PM
For about $350.00 you can buy a complete Glock 34 slide/barrel assembly and a couple or three Glock 17 shot magazines and keep your 35 too.
Try this place.
http://www.glockmeister.com

It is easy to covert a Glock .40 to 9mm or .357 Sig.
Not always so easy the other way around.

BAD_KARMA
January 29, 2006, 05:37 PM
just so you know....

Gun math works mostly like this

Used value = new price x 0.8

Trade price = (used value x .6) this is what the dealer can give you and make a living.

examples: 500 dollar gun is worth 400 used you should expect to get 250 in trade.

don't overlook consignment most places will sell your gun for you and charge 10% of the price.

Moonclip
January 30, 2006, 06:15 PM
I'd love to find a consignment dealer in my area that charges 10%. One charges 40%! Trades are almost always a losing proposition. See it outright if possible to another shooter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Gods-Whats It Worth Advice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!