Winchester lever rifle "Bunker guns"???

PDA

dfariswheel
April 11, 2003, 02:16 PM
I was watching the film of the Bahgdad bunker with all the ammo and weapons scattered on the floor.

In addition to shotgun shells, I noticed what may have been a British Sterling SMG, and stacked against the wall, at least two Winchester lever action rifles.

These looked like 24" barreled models, and one appeared to be a 1894 model.

How nice. While his people starved, Saddam and friends were collecting!

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester lever rifle "Bunker guns"???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
April 11, 2003, 02:21 PM
I saw some footage similar to this. Showed lots of AK magazines and such. US Marine bends over, rumages through a box, and comes out with a Steyr AUG.

Man...

beemerb
April 11, 2003, 03:15 PM
One of the lever action had a brass reciever.Could be a old winchester or a modern repo.What I had to laugh about was the person who was narrating talking about the sniper rifles they had found then panned to the wall with the winchester leaning against it.
Bob

10-Ring
April 11, 2003, 03:24 PM
I saw some that footage this AM as well. The expense that went into the development & construction of these bunkers is just more proof at how evil Saddam & his family are. :cuss:

vi9er
April 11, 2003, 03:27 PM
How hard would it be for a marine to sneak a trophy(or 2 or 3) home?
just curious:cool:

RustyHammer
April 11, 2003, 04:00 PM
Heard one news report where the in bed reporter said that he was with a group of U.S. soldiers who were working hard stripping seized AK's, etc. ....... I'm thinking to myself ... yeah, so they can take full auto receivers/parts home. (Heard lots of tails of this during the first Gulf War. "Upgrade" politically correct AK once in the States.)

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....

QuarterBoreGunner
April 11, 2003, 06:44 PM
I saw this also- I've also seen pictures of the troops destroying captured weapons.
Now, I know if I was over there and given this duty, I'd definitely have a heavy heart. Busting up some broke down AK or SKS is one thing, but PLEASE SARGE!!! Don’t make me take a sledgehammer to that AUG! Or the Winchesters either!

Kaylee
April 11, 2003, 08:42 PM
I saw that as well.. it didn't look like a "survivability bunker" at all to me... it looked like a gun collection. All sorts of obscure designs (who REALLY uses lever guns outside of the US?), little ammo compatibility..

... was I the only one going :confused: at the "survivability arsenal" references?

-K

illuminatus99
April 12, 2003, 04:00 AM
they should take in the AUGs as POWs, they just have to make sure to feed them and then when it's all over maybe they can adopt one :D

chaim
April 12, 2003, 11:48 PM
This evening they were showing boxes of guns being taken out of one of Sadaam's sons' homes. Some were tacky as heck- gold plated, engraved AKs:barf: . But then there was the huge box full of beautiful blued revolvers. Man I hate that our guys are going to have to destroy those beautiful guns.

Andrew Wyatt
April 13, 2003, 12:17 AM
Marine bends over, rumages through a box, and comes out with a Steyr AUG.

Man, hasn't saddam played counterstrike before? Terrorists can't buy AUGS!

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester lever rifle "Bunker guns"???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!